NiGHTS is (not) delayed

I am reading up on it, and it sounds like an interesting game.
Not sure if I will buy it though.

Maybe this will convince you.

Nah, doens’t spark my interest. Not my type of game.

Never played it, but it’s what got me into LDing in the first place. You see, in Sonic Adventure DX there are a bunch of references to NiGHTS, like NiGHTS pinball, the flying type chao looking similar to NiGHTS and the dark flying chao looking like Reala, and a couple more references. I looked up some info about it on google out of curiosity, and found out about lucid dreams. The rest is history. :slight_smile:

What’s really strange about the fan community is that they are also into LDs. You should pick up a copy of the game (and a sega saturn) if you haven’t already. Trouble is, they are EXPENSIVE. Togheter with a sega saturn, the controller, and NiGHTS, it can cost you up to 60-70$ on eBay, and even more on Amazon. I really hope we get that NiGHTS remake for the PS2 over here in the U.S.

Hmmmmm, my Sega Saturn is just sitting at my feet, and my NiGHTS game is just in my closet…might play a little tonight actually, hahaha.

Actually, could you be real nice and mail it to me? I promise I’ll send it back… (Hides stack of stolen stuff)

AHTD, actually NiGHTS is getting remade for the PS2 with better graphics… in japan. Let us hope it reaches U.S. and U.K. Shores.

Hmmm…

I just found something out about this screenshot, from the PS2 version:

If you haven’t figured it out, here is what I’ll tell you:

SPOILER - Click to view

It is in english, even the parts that are not supposed to be.

Ah NiGHTS… This is the game that got me into LDing in the first place. I’ve actually been playing it since I was very young and still do from time to time. It was an amazing experience the first time I popped it into the Saturn and began Spring Valley, the music, the colors, the break-neck speed in which NiGTHS zipped through the dream realm of Nightopia, it was all so surreal and breathtaking…

I really hope Sonic Team does it’s fans proud with this one. I’m really pleased that it’s delayed as it shows that Sonic Team knows just how important this title is and that they know it’s in everyone’s best interest if the game was not a rushed quick-cash title.

not sure if ya’ll figured it out yet, but im a huge NiGHTS fan. i think its the second best game of all time and i enjoy it a lot. i play time to time on my saturn as well as on my saturn emulator. the reason i play it on the emulator (i use a disc not an iso btw) is i can use my xbox 360 controller. its very nice and feels more fluid and comfortable. plus its all widescreen with better sound, less glitches and easier saving.

i dont believe this delay stuff. it aint official until sony says it is. gamespot still lists it as a december release. we’ll see but sega would’ve announced it by now. to me it seems things are going really smoothly.

oh yes and it is NiGHTS that got me into LD’ing. i first learned about LD’s on a site called soniccult while reading about NiGHTS

I figured. I was wondering why you hadn’t spotted this topic.

Second best? Which do you consider first?

The delay is real, unless the sega official got it wrong. I got it from nightsintodreams.com, pretty much the ultimate fansite. They took a trip to sega (not sony, sony doesn’t own NiGHTS) and the PR representitive told them about twenty times there was a global delay. I’m curious as to whether this is true or not now, but still, time will tell.

Will you pick up the NiGHTS remake if it comes out on PS2 in the west?

best game ever is mario world. and yes i would definantly get the NiGHTS remake if it came out in the west. heck im tempted to mod my PS2 so it can play japanese games now that it’s coming to japan just to play it.

Whoa, hold on there. Chances are it is coming out in the west because all the screenshots seen so far are in ENGLISH.

yeah i know but in a few years if it still hasn’t gotten here ill have to do that.

Wasn’t there a NiGHTS comic or something. Also yeah, doesn’t seem like my kind of game either.

The comic was atrocious. Seriously, no NiGHTS fan should ever even look at the front cover of the first issue. The art is so terrible… Just don’t read them, you’ve been warned…

Too late… The comic wasn’t TOO horrible or anything, I recongnized it wasn’t really NiGHTS and didn’t follow Canon, but it wasn’t as bad as some make it sound.

Heh I wouldn’t know, never read it… That’s just where I heard of this thing, I wasn’t even aware of any game.

Comparing the comic to the game is like comparing a McDonalds hamburger with a fine steak dinner, complete with grilled butter, potato skins, salad, steak soup, and some sort of fine wine. If you ever read the comic, you should keep that in mind.