Faking REM (?!)

Even though it is mere hallucinations, why on Earth would you guys want to purposely put yourselves through SP? Especially when you can take it easy and perform WILD/MILD. In my opinion, WILD is hard enough to enter a LD. =/

I’m going to try this, so all you do is kind of rapidly,but not strong enough to keep your body awake like your looking at 4 corners of a room almost, also does anybody think that when you WILD before bed that you should also try WBTB so you can try to WILD twice for better results because i haven’t done WBTB in a while because of school and laziness.

So what you are saying is that we should do this in the late night and do WBTB? I’m confused when you said “I sent my eyes up there…”

Just for the sheer ego rush of leaping that particularly high hurdle. >:)

Ugh. I never did try this yet. I will do it soon ok? Should I do this with WBTB?

I got to do an accidental WBTB this morning and I TRIED it… but if it made a difference or not, I can’t say… I entered the cusp of SP but didn’t successfully enter a LD.

I tryed this last night. Went to bed, I was very comfortable (I have hot water bottles :razz:), I had slight HI, random stuff appearing in my head (Things like heads just appearing). I remember reading this, and began to move my eyes in syncrohnised movement to the scenes playing in my head. about 10 seconds in, Lots of strange feelings were happening on my body. It wasn’t sp, just lots of vibrations. Next thing, my throat went really weird, I found it really hard to breath as though i was sufficating (as though I Really needed to swallow whatever it was in my throat). When I swallowed, everything just stopped.
What I believe happend was that my mind was testing to see if I was asleep, see if I would react to it.
I might try again.

Sorry for being unclear… I’m not from an english speaking country…
I did it before sleeping (worked 2 times by now) so… to make it clear
1)I began faking rem
2)at some moment I remembered I heard normally when you are in deep sleep eyes tend to point upwards to a spot between the eyebrows so I tried to do it
3)seconds after I was feeling shocks and tinnitus and everything I know should be the transition.
4)I’m trying it again tonight… probably with WBTB

Do you just wait for it to normally reach that point looking up or do you do it manually by just looking up and doing fake R.E.M. at the same time?

I just wait for the body to get a fair amount of numbness

I tried it as I relaxed last night, and for a second I was experience what seemed like HI, it was this cloud of changing color, the cloud was motionless. It was mainly appearing at the top part of the blackness. All I did was wait until I was relaxed, then I looked up and moved my eyes left to right back and forth. I noticed though that my eyes started to get sore, so I could only be effective once.

About the HI, I am not entirely sure if it was real or my imagination… It seemed more clear than imagination though. I also experienced my adrenaline going a bit high with heartbeats. What concerns me is that it may be a placebo effect, rather than HI. I doubt it though, I have a hard time believe things people say about things, so I don’t think it’s placebo.

Anyways, I will try it again tonight. I did not reach numbness before trying, I was still conscious, just relaxed and tired. My body was in no way in SP, I could and did move. Other times I tried my eyes simply were too sore to do it anymore…

Hey I’m a long-time lurker and finally decided to post.

This thread is interesting because I THINK I’ve had this without even trying many times. And the weird thing is that I wasn’t even that tired yet to fall asleep. My eyes were closed and suddenly had what I could describe as some sort of electrical shock or something. I always kinda freak out by this thinking I’m falling into SP though I’ve never had one. Then I try to open my eyes right away but it’s kinda hard to open them.

So what could it be? Surely SP doesn’t happen that fast?

Well maybe… :bored:
But i doubt it.

hahaha, i have jumpy thoughts when I’m awake too, always when i try to “simulate” a situation in my head it’s like
i walk…
…ing to a fr…
…ng up to…
…ging some…
…ying hey…
…etc etc…

Whenever I wake up in the middle of the night (3-4AM) I don’t think of doing this! :wallhit: I’m going to try it next time I wake up in the middle of the night gotta leave my self a note.

ok so you move your eyes around like you are looking at a dream … but what is it you do with your thoughts i thought i saw u say something about your thoughts pattern

I did it once and it worked, it just kept flickering automatically and i even entered deeper state. I think is a good way to trick the body or mind, i might try it tonight.

And talking about R.E.M., shouldn’t be REM after 90 minutes or so, i had one much before the required time. Very weird, too quick.

Okay this time I was actually dreaming but during the whole dream I had this weird feeling like I almost knew the things I were doing were surreal. Like for example there was this guy who I started to punch in the face because I knew I could do it right there at that moment but I would never do it in real life. Then there was another incident at which point I somehow felt like I HAD to wake up and tried to open my eyes but like last time it was so hard to open them. Even harder than the last time. I even saw my room but still couldn’t fully open them and had to close them again. I think when I closed them again I could’ve continued the dream but stupid me didn’t fully realize that it was a dream and still tried to open my eyes and after a few tries I woke up. I think this is the closest I’ve ever been to a lucid dream. Also this was during a nap in the afternoon.

you might want to check out my thread about a discovery on this subject:
R.E.M. Discovery? (thread)

is any1 going to answer