NiGHTS is (not) delayed

Comparing the comic to the game is like comparing a McDonalds hamburger with a fine steak dinner, complete with grilled butter, potato skins, salad, steak soup, and some sort of fine wine. If you ever read the comic, you should keep that in mind.

Hehe, I didn’t. I am just saying that’s where I heard of NiGHTS. But honestly all this has piqued my interest, might give the game a go.

What’s really strange about the fan community is that they are also into LDs. You should pick up a copy of the game (and a sega saturn) if you haven’t already. Trouble is, they are EXPENSIVE. Togheter with a sega saturn, the controller, and NiGHTS, it can cost you up to 60-70$ on eBay, and even more on Amazon. I really hope we get that NiGHTS remake for the PS2 over here in the U.S.
[/quote]

Ummm… you haven’t happen to see that PS3 price tag did you? Or what about what they were selling the xbox360 when they recalled them the first year?

Oh yeah and “Nights” fan??? I am currious they have to do with Sonic the Hedgehog right? It just seems a little strange seeing the “Sonic” world go so in depth. It would be like seeing a “Koopa” fan club (you know from supermario)

NiGHTS was his own franchise. What you just said there is comparable to saying the legend of zelda was a spin off of mario. It happened to be made by the sonic team.

oh, and by the way that game is just releasing. From the utube video it looks like a sega game. Even the dreamcast looked better that that.

First, those videos are old, and second, you really don’t remember how the dreamcast looked. Even at its peak, the dreamcast had worse graphics then that.

(The Sega Dreamcast came after the Sega Saturn. The Sega Dreamcast had superior graphics than the Sega Saturn).

Actually I never have seen either of those. I had the system with the different parts that fit together (I had the CD player and the cartrage player). I can’t seem to remember the name. I do remember that the playstation1 branched off from that system to become the most powerful system compared to the top-o-the-line computer

That isn’t even sega, that’s Nintendo. facepalm

no it was a sega. It was black. It had different segments. The cartridges were more “ergonomic” than the boxy nintendo cartrages. I know because I got a super nintendo. Maybe i was wrong about the PSI though. Some of the games I had were, Street Rash, Streets of ??? (sidescrolling fighter) Sonic 1, Sonic 2, The first hockey game with a password system, and Madden ???.

i believe you’re talking about the Sega CD?

He means he had the Sega Genesis/CD but misspoke about it branching off to Sony.
The story behind that was that Sony was developing a CD drive add-on for the SNES like Sega had for the Genesis. Basically, Nintendo screwed Sony over and went back on the deal, Sony dropped everything with Nintendo and took their half-finished work and turned it into the PlayStation.

Full story can be found in this wikipedia article.

To quote my highly accurate source:

So in other words, there is no delay. Their source was wrong, and on account of that, I was wrong. Looks like we will be treated to JoD this christmas after all.

Thats it Genesis!!! y didn’t anyone just say so???

Ah, excellent!
I have high hopes for it, but I really don’t think anything will ever be able to compare to the original, although I am looking forward to hearing the new soundtrack.

I found out the hard way that it’s better for them to delay a game than release it before Ironing out the bugs. I got Kane and Lynch: Dead Men last week and it completely doesn’t work on the PC, still waiting for them to patch it so I can actually start playing :grrr: .

Why is computer gaming so complicated (sigh). I don’t have Kane and Lynch but I have had the same problem. Thats why I like consols more :tongue:

Meh. I usually prefer Computer Games over consoles due to the ability to mod them and that they can easily be expanded upon by the developer (who can also fix bugs) with a simple download. Also, I love being able to make infinite copies of my save files (I’m paranoid about losing data) and the PC makes that so much easier.

To keep this NiGHTS related, I absolutely despise the Saturn’s internal memory. A lousy 510 memory blocks and the battery dies after about 3 years. Needless to say, I was completely paranoid about my save files until I finally got a Saturn Memory Card (and I still worry about it mysteriously erasing my data! :crazy:)

So I was watching CN looking for the new NiGHTS commericial, and I saw it. Apperantly it was given a 9 out of 10 by good old Nintendo Power. I liked it, but I can imagine boys ages 5-10 throwing things at the TV in annoyance. By the way, it isn’t online, so you’ll have to resort to watching it on TV if you want to see it. In america only.

Huh? What channel did you see it on?