What Book Are You Reading? — Part IV

“The Dice Man” by Luke Rhinehart.
I just bought it when I was waiting for the train but it turned out to be better than I had expected. :content:

I just started The Inferno by Dante.

Great book! :thumbs: Be stubborn about it, and get to the end, read up to Paradise. It’s a bloody brilliant book.

I read that book last Christmas time (kind of ironic really :content: )

I’m about to start that one, once I finish off Life of Pi by Yann Martel, which I’m reading for an english class.

Picked up Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card at the request of my roommate. I’m only 3 chapters in, but so far as I can tell, the characters are really good. I’ll keep posted on how the story turns out.

Frankenstein by Mary Shelly, and Weaveworld by Clive Barker. Whoa dreamers have a cool taste in literature from reading this.

Wizards bane … really interresting :yes:

I’m starting to read Eldest. It’s the second book of a Trilogy. I first started reading the first book back when I was in 7th grade (2003/2004 I think) and I have complete forgotten about the second book. Good trilogy too.

Oh man, that’s quite possibly my favorite series ever. (there’s 7 other books with 1 or 2 on the way… :grin: ) It’s split into two separate series, each in its own direction about two big characters and their friends/family.

I’m not really reading anything right now, but in the last year I’ve devoured all of the Guardians of Ga’Hoole books. I know it’s a little-kid series but it’s pretty deep at times and I love the story.

The Transal Saga is another good book, a stand-alone book, about being transported to another world. Again it is below my reading level but it’s amazing.

But most importantly, I just finished the His Dark Materials series (or atleast the first 3 books). My favorite books EVER! I couldn’t stop crying at the end.

Phantom Leader by Mark Berent

I just started it yesterday, don’t know if I like it yet.

Earlier this week I’d read Mutation, Mortal Fear, & Outbreak by Robin Cook, and (at the suggestion of someone else) Wish You Well by David Baldacci.

I’ve read more books in the past week than I have in the past 5 years, hehe. I decided that since I’m up at night due to insomnia, I may get back into reading. It’s better than watching reruns from the 90s or surfing the web.

I like his books. They’re obviously his first, but Paolini has some great ideas and he sure knows how to make a story interesting. Agh! So many spoilers I could rant about here! Have fun with… trying to figure out who the red dragon on the cover is. :tongue:

PS: last month, Paolini announced that he isn’t able to fit everything into the third book and he’s going to extend it into a fourth. :confused:

Yeah I saw the podcast video thingy on the website last night. So I guess it isn’t a trilogy anymore. :lol:

I just finished Angels and demons.

I’m going to start reading The Da Vinci Code soon, does anyone know if the book is better than the movie?

The first two hundred pages of the book are really good times, very fast-paced. It slows down a bit after that, but it is still a really good read. I thought it was clever how he ties in seemingly random events from history into the plot-line. It’s worth reading, in any case.

Uhhh remind me again, whats a book?

Has anyone here read The Road by Cormac McCarthy? It’s about a post-apocalyptic Earth where 90% or so of the human population has been killed. There are no longer any living animals or plants and the remaining humans are hunting and killing each other for food.
The setting throughout the entire book is a long dark road where a boy and his father are walking and trying to avoid random hunters.

I’ve still yet to read it, but can’t wait till I get the chance!

Ok I have a question. I started reading the Odyssey but then I was like, wait a minute, the Illiad comes first. I would think the Illiad is more Interesting, so should I put down the Odyssey and read the Illiad??

Well, I had to read the Odyssey for school and I didn’t have time for the Iliad, but with some basic background knowledge it makes sense. Just know that the main character is coming home from the war after years.

Iliad doesn’t come first, no. :smile: They’re separate stories. Granted, Iliad happens during the end of the Trojan War, while Odyssey takes place after the end of it, but it’s not like you get spoilers or anything, it’s two completely different stories.

Although I like some of Odysseus’ stories, I must say, the Iliad kicks arse. If I were you, I’d read it first, I love it! :cool:

This isn’t really a story, but I’m reading “Business and Legal Primer for Game Development”.