What Book Are You Reading? — Part IV

henri bergson - dreams
Alice in wonderland :lol:
A dreamers tales
How to use your mind …
All on my cellphone !!!

Speaking of detective stories, I’m about half way through the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes short stories. But I had to stop reading them because of so much other reading I was doing for school :sad:

actually… the cyclops WAS the illegitimate son of possiedan (at least if i remember correctly, it’s been a while) so that just made him more angry o.o

but not to get off topic… still plowing through The Fountainhead, which is well written but easy to put down. I mean it’s starting to pick up it’s pace a bit but it tends to drag on once in a while, and although the charaters are cool, only NOW (at page almost 300 i think) is Dominique really starting to develop, and Roark is still a really unbelievable character, even if he’s the protagonist.

Also, someone i highly overlooked, and i can’t remember the particular name of the poem, is Robert Frost… oh, i don’t want to type the whole thing out, but i found i like his poetry a lot more than i thought i did! Many of the poems i HAD read by him seemed… all about snow. Snow or trees. Not that those are bad, oh no, but they did not at all interest me XD

And what to read next? i dunno, i’ll prolly pick up The Sirens of Titan by Vonnegut.

Wait, make that Timequake

I’m not actually reading them right now (as I’ve already finished them, but may re-read them) but has anyone heard of the Ishmael series? Three of my all-time favorite books:
Ishmael
The Story of B
My Ishmael

Ishmael, I have split feelings about it. I agree with many of its ideas and most of its conclusions — but the way it arguments in favour of them, it’s fallacious, it’s rhetoric. Put short, I agree with the ends, and yet I can’t help but notice the means are unjustifiable. Lying to the reader.

Not in the earlier manuscripts :grin:

Cyclops was son of Gea, mother earth (I spelled it wrong, it is four letters)

Legions of space - by keith laumer

Ender’s game looks pretty stupid, but I have never read it so I can’t dis it yet.

short question… what is enders game all about ?
also… does somebody know if there is a digital version of EWLD to buy somewhere ?

“The Collected Stories” by Arthur C. Clarke a collection of short stories in the sf-genre from 1937-1999

P.S Chuckiferd If you want to know the correct spelling it’s Gaia, but you were close enough, I think first time I heard the name Gaia was in a children show. :tongue:

The book itself isn’t all THAT great, but I like both of the series that branch off from it.

However, Orson Scott Card isn’t all he’s cracked up to be. His style and characters are annoying and he gets into philosophical rants and lectures, but the books are impossible to put down. Mind control!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I just finished The Great Hunt. I can’t believe I waited so long to continue this series.

Finished the book. I’m personally a big fan of his style and characters and don’t find them in the least bit annoying. And his philosophical rants are refreshing to the mindless fiction that seems pertinent nowadays.

Picked up Ender’s Shadow, anyway. Gonna read that next.

Im sick of books never being original. For example in Earegon the farm boy gets his village attacked and goes on an adventure, sound fimiliar??? Every story is modeled after each other

That is true, perhaps one of the coolest things about Card. He draws a lot from religions, politics, and philosophies, but he strings them all together in ways one wouldn’t expect.

And despite being an Eragon fan, sometimes the books are just so… grr.

I’m an Eragon fan and I don’t really care if they have any originality. The movie is not good at all.

Drawing of Three by Stephen King.

Yes you heard right Im accually reading!!! I hope this will improve my spelling mistakes.

i hate steven king
although i have read dreamcatcher which i didnt really understand :wink:

Brunos brainwashed me, and convinced me to start reading Platos Republic! :cry:

hahaha :wink:

Fountainhead was fantastic, a very good read. The characters were all very well developed, although TRJR argued that the main character was unbelievable as a human being, but to a certain extent he`s probably correct. Some bits were somewhat of a slog, but worth getting through.

No, actually. I’ve not read Eragon, and neither Ender nor Bean had their towns attacked. That, and I like the stories because of the character development and the underlying themes. The plot itself is kinda flat, but I don’t believe that is the point of Card’s books.

And have you -read- the book? You can’t make claims like that without reading the book yet.