Possibilities of Lucid Dreaming

I was just wondering if it’s actually possible to learn a language, and I mean a real language like French, Italian, Chinese, etc… while in a lucid dream? I’ve been wanting to try that out for a while now, but I have recently been unsuccessful in lucid dreaming.

there used to be a topic about this. IMO you can practice what you know already and so improve it but not actually learn the language as such.

Well, then you’d have to be able to connect with other person’s subconsciousness while asleep, which would also allow shared dreaming, which I’ve yet to hear of working in unofficial experiments conducted by global forum members :tongue:

You still have, as moogle points out, your own subconsciousness ^^

Ok this is way off-topic but, people say they have experienced shared dreaming, yet LD4all.com states that dreaming is within you own self concious. I think a “official” experiment should be done

/me points to the chroniclers’ group which is an on-going experiment in shared dreaming.

yea , made by ME :cool: looks fo the link AHHH now i have it Here
Post Nr. 400 :ebil:

Earth reality is also within your own self conscious, yet we don’t find it strange to share reality.

i think Moogle valiantly answered your question :smile:
You can’t tech yourself something you don’t already know, only improve what you do know. There

wow.
that is very very very interesting.
people who make websites are incredibly wise…

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Or we have fake LD ers among us (da da da dunnnnnnnn) because they claim to have done it (just like the chakra, psi, phsicic OOBE and contacting SG in real life (not so sure about these ones), esp, levitation???) I swear the people in the Beyond Dreaming forum are a completely different crowd.

Oh yeah and about the practicing things in LD s. It is a practic method being used perfecting motor skills with a specific thing (eg. juggling, super efficient backstroke) by just thinking about them or dreaming doing them. People have learned to play the piano without ever actually touching one

Yeah, I’m going to try it when ever I become lucid anyway. Lol, I just might wake up speaking french… :wink:

where might i find this beyond dreaming forum?

On the Forum Index page, scroll down to the last forum in the “To Lucidity and Beyond!” column.

Now for my thoughts on this topic…
As everyone else has already stated, I’m pretty certain it’s impossible to learn to do something within a dream that you have no knowledge for prior… HOWEVER!! If shared dreaming is possible, and the dream world is another form of interconnected consciousnesses, then would it not be possible for one to access a part of another’s mind and actually be able to derive some info from them, i.e. playing the piano?

Even if none of that is possible, dreams still have so much more to offer than most people realise; in example, my reason for learning to LD is to find a way to access the deeper parts of my SC to find old memories of my early childhood that I have no conscious memory of. I think it would be the perfect way to truly begin to understand just who I am (typical teenager, lost and confused… :wink: )

um… sorry for being thick, but where is that?

No worries :content:
On the very bottom of this page, beneath the “post reply” and “New Topic” buttons and the little eye that says “Watch this topic for replies”, there is a link that says “Forum Index” on it, it also has two arrow things pointing to a link that says “Lucid Adventures” (that’s here) Click on the “Forum Index” one and from there, if you scroll down you will see different groups of links with little mirror portal picture thingies next to them. In the group that starts with “Quest for Lucidity” the “Beyond Dreaming” forum is the last link in that group, (It’s right above the “LD4all archives” group.

Either do that or just follow this link :razz:

no but you can improve on stuff you already know, such as golf or chess. Or maybe your already taking a class on spanish and you keep forgetting words or techniques your teacher teaches you in class, well even if you dont remember em your mind processes everything and stores them inside your brain, so in a ld you can bring em back and learn it.

Well, if you’re currently studying a language, and you do a lot of listening stuff, or if you’ve gone to a country that speaks that language, then kind of. Your SC, if I recall correctly, picks up a lot more than you do during those situations. I’ve had several examples of this, such as words springing correctly to my mouth whose origins I don’t know, and once I was able to perfectly understand a conversation in fluent German without really listening to it; the translation just popped into my head.

So, yes, I think it would be possible to learn what you think you don’t know, but you really do.

I’ve had many dreams in which I’m playing the piano very well. In real life, I cannot play it all. I’ve suspected that this means I played it in a past life, and it comes through somehow when I’m in the dream state.