Have you ever woken up and done something stupid?

i’m not sure if this counts…

My mom left early for work one day and I was home alone. My brother stayed at his friends house the night before, and was only three blocks away. He walked home, and knocked a few times, and then my dog started to bark. I must of been sleep walking, because the next thing I knew I woke up in the living room unlocking the door.

I don’t know if this is the same thing but,

One time when I woke up from a nightmare (a ghost ran into me and my body started vibrating), I was shaking when I woke up and I fell out of my bed.

Few times i have woken up, opened my eyes and I have seen some object(computer, t-shirt or whatever) as a ghost or another scary creature.Then i close my eyes, open them again and it’s the same object aswell.Strange.
Once i went to my bed and woke up on the kitchen floor.

A few years ago when I found out I was allergic to milk products and had to cut them out of my diet completely, my family would always find a carton of ice cream on the counter all melted. I would be craving it and go eat it in my sleep. I’m surprised that the cold didn’t wake me up though.

Bizarre experiences you guys have had; but the one i had is priceless. I remember i was sleeping by night when suddenly i wake up by my brother’s noise and because my arm was still numb and when i woke up my brother says that i started screaming like crazy, next morning i thought i was a nightmare but it wasn’t indeed-eerie.

I got a lot of strange doings.
Sometimes is the “was it real or a FA”, almost every day I get to investigate, due to huge amount of FA I have, so I’ve learned to leave proofs. Fortunately I’m right mostly of the times.
A few times, I have let some clothes behind the door, and when I woke up it seemed like something from my dream, weird.
When I try to write down things from dreams, and notice not all that I think I wrote was really written in real life.
But happily, nothing far from that, (thanks God :grin:)
well, my sign is about waking up and posting something about a dream… but it was a FA too.

Yesterday i was listening to a radio talk show about urban legends and myth and later when i was trying to sleep all i could think of was of chasing this woman and entering doors, i couldn’t sleep until i find her, it was stressing. Then at the end i was tired and ask God to take that out of my mind, then a thought of an evil spirit of killing me passed through my mind and i just prayed in Jesus name and it went away, i don’t know if it was an evil spirit or a simple thought but it was scary and stressing.

a few years back i played “zelda” for the first time.
well i got right into it and played all hours into the night one time… and woke up in the middle of the night saying to my bf “we’ve got to get off of this island” sitting on the edge of the bed, looking at the floor like it was water.

a month ago after i had a four hour tattoo session, i was a bit shaken and tired. in the middle of the night for no apparent reason i “fought” with the lamp on the nightstand, trying to pick it up i guess… well all i ended up with was the lampshade because it popped off into my hands. i brought it out onto the kitchen and threw it down on the floor, and kicked it across the room.
later i woke up to go to the bathroom and tripped over the lampshade wondering “what the hell is this doing here?”

haha

Oh, I’ve done plenty of these…

When I lived in Pittsburgh, I had a dream where, at its end, I was suddenly swarmed by a mass of red bugs that started crawling all over me. I woke up, and I thought the sensation of the sheets on my body were the bugs. I bolted out of bed, screaming, and was frantically brushing the imaginary bugs off of me. Poor Wolfie woke up, alarmed and saying, “What is it? What’s wrong?” and then I realized that I’d been dreaming previously. Yup. I went back to sleep uneventfully after that, until he reminded me of what happened later the next day. I felt pretty ridiculous.

Another time, I woke up to find that I was sleeping sideways on my bed, which meant that my feet and upper body were well clear of the actual mattress. I didn’t realize this until I leaned back a little bit as if to stretch out; I ended up sliding off the bed and hit the floor pretty hard. :lol:

Finally, there was a night in college where I woke up at around 12:30 AM. I don’t know what I was thinking (well, the point is that I wasn’t), but I put on my shoes and my backpack, then opened the door to my room and stepped into the hall. I stopped and squinted in the sudden light. “Wow,” I said in a puzzled, slow voice. “It’s really bright out here.” Of course, my floormates, who were still up, were looking at me. One said, “Fox, what are you doing?” I thought about it for a second, then said, “I… don’t know. I’m really confused right now.” With that, I went back into my room, shut the door, and got back in bed. :twirl: I never heard the end of that one!

Once I woke up at around midnight. I thought it was 8 AM and started playing with my dog and running around my house. I went downstairs to get breakfast and assumed that all the clocks in the kitchen were wrong. I started playing with my dog some more, and my dad yelled out for me to go to sleep. That was embarrassing.

So i was taking a nap, someone/sth wakes me up and i get up Iike right away! instantly! my mother and sister were in the room, i look at my mother and ask her a question… At least i was trying to… God, my words made no sense or whatsoever!!!haha! I posed the same “question” like 2-3 times until i stopped trying since i realized I couldn’t even make sense… No need to mention my mom and sis were looking at me all statled and confused like “what the hell are you talking about?!”. Then they just ignored me thinking it was the i-just-woke-up effect…
loooooooool :lol: :lol: :lol:

edit: i didn’t know there was actually a name for this!

That’s funny :lol:

Well, one morning I thought I cold stand up and pee - like guys can. I think I did it in a dream, and I was convinced that it will work. It went fine in the dream!
When I stood right in front of the toilet, I started thinking. It was a silly idea, but I could take a shower, if something went wrong. But I sat down. If it worked, why haven’t we done it everytime? :lol:

once when i was taking a nap after school, my dad woke me up and asked me when i wanted dinner and i replied saying something about pineapples… o.o

The Dark SiDe is taking you over. :ebil:

For some reason every time I experience sleep inertia I end up talking about fruit! I remember when I was a kid once my brother was trying to wake me up and I mumbled something about a “ticklish watermelon.” Don’t ask. :lol:

ONe time when I woke up I just turned off my alarm clock and went in my bed. Then a few seconds later I realized what I just did. :tongue:

That happends to me a lot… It’s so annying! :grrr:
One time I dreamt there was these kids, and they said to me: “If you want to play with us, you need to turn off that alarm clock.” I woke up, and turned it off. I can remember we went to a tennis court, and the rest of the dream was all black. They fooled me!

Good thing for me that I now have 3 alarm clocks, and 4 if I really need it.

I remember one time I had to wake up early to go to the chiropractor. So i got dressed, and when I got there he made a comment about my shirt. I looked at it and realized that it was on backwards and inside out

I think a couple times I’ve woken up from a dream, just as realistic as RL… on a few occasions I’ve been close to saying/doing things I would only get away with in a dream, and it would have some serious consequences… I had to think carefully if I was really asleep sometimes. Other then that… I’m a pretty good “waker-upper”, besides the odd jumbling of sentences occasionally.

One time I woke up and threw a frisbee at my roommate who was snoring before I realized what was going on. Lesson learned - don’t keep frisbees next to your bed.