A new Technique VWILD

Lol, thanks, in case you havent noticed I kinda had some plans for a similar watch before, but now you are really motivating me to do it, lol. Ok, well, if you think it only needs to be that short…hm, Im personally thinking I should change the alerttime to intervals of 1sec…Im also thinking instead of settings of 12 I should do 13, just as a kinda salute to the mayan calendar since that seems to be a big thing on here.
Right now Im thinking: alerttime: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13 seconds and alertpause: 10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,100,110,120,130 minutes. Hm, maybe it is a bit long(having 13 intervals), but Id like it to be as customizable as possible, and once the user finds the right combination for them they shouldnt be messing around with the settings anymore anyways.

Hm, light sleeper, eh? I might be able to stick something in there(probably electronic hardware wise, software wise would be more difficult to do), but I might be able to make it possible to adjust how hard the vibration is… I know a simple way to do it but Im not sure of the quality of it… I think Ill stick with this normal way first and then see if I can make the vibration adjustable.

and, lol, glad you are thrilled, this is quite a fun project for me, I just now scavenged up some parts for it from old projects and stuff ( Ive got a battery case, watch straps from an old watch, and red&black buttons) I hope I get the chips and vibrating motor for christmas…otherwise Ill buy them myself(they are cheap anyways), btw do you have aim or email or something we can converse more quickly/directly? Im not sure whether others want us to be filling up this thread with our own little endeavor. any opinions?

I have given this a good skim and I have to say that I am interested. I want to keep it simple and just buy the vibraLITE 3 sometime in January when I have enough money. $50 for a watch isn’t that bad (looked on amazon).

I have given this a good skim and I have to say that I am interested. I want to keep it simple and just buy the vibraLITE 3 sometime in January when I have enough money. $50 for a watch isn’t that bad (looked on amazon).

Yes, kt4all, you are definitely right that $50 isnt bad for a watch, and if you want to keep it simple that would be the way to go, so good luck with it if you decide to buy one :content: Im still gonna continue to pursue this project though, for those who want something more customizable (and/or want to make things a lil harder on themselves), I also of course hope to make it cheaper…not including labor. Oh, and just a little update on the idea of a homemade one, Ive actually decided against a on/off switch activated by just wearing it because it would be hard to implement perfectly so that the button didnt stop being pressed when you moved around and you didnt accidentally press it when it is off in your pocket or backpack or w/e. so I think Ill just use a normal on/off switch.

It is definitely true though that if you want something quick, easy, and not too badly priced the vibralite3 would be the best way to go.

edit: kt4all, or a mod, is there anyway to get rid of the multiple posts?

The vibralite is a nice way to have a go, but as I keep saying, I a still experimenting with it. I am quite a deep sleeper and so may work for me better than others. the vibration is quite strong and goes on for 20 sec, which is a long time. If you are a light sleeper, you may become lucid, but the the vibration would eventually wake you up. If the vibration only goes for around 5 sec, then there is a much less chance of you being woken and a higher chance of you becomming lucid.

Im just warning you kT of the down sides of the vibralite, as i wouldn’t want it too not work for you, because of the long vibration, and waste your money.
What rarebreed is going to do is design a much better device similar to the vibralite, but which is specifically aimed toward LD, instead of the partial hearing.

If you read through the post, you will see that yes, I have been successful using this tech, but I on occation it has also woken me up, just as I become lucid.

Just want to make sure that everyone knows the facts. I am hoping that, as I’m sur rarebreed is also, that this new device which is being designed, will work much better than the vibralite, and may guarantee LD for everyone.

Rarebreed, I have sent you a PM, so check your PM inbox. I think that maybe this is the best way we should communicate concerning the designing of the VIBILD device, so that we don’t fill this thread with babble.

So do you guys plan on copyrighting this ‘LD Watch’? What are your plans after creating this device? Obviously I don’t think you can sell things that aren’t copyrighted by yourself, maybe you can. I am thinking at the moment that rarebreed is going to keep it for himself for the most part, possibly sharing the idea of how to make it on a tutorial. I doubt you guys will get into selling it, but I might be wrong. :slight_smile:

As for the VibraLite, I plan on attaching it to my shin area of my leg. During the day and night, so hopefully it will only impact my leg area and not my arm + chest area. Legs are of course down on their own, not near any other body parts, hopefully not waking me up.

If this project gets put into production, I would most likely buy one, pending cost.

hm, I wonder why I didnt get an email about replies to this topicshrugs. Anyways, I personally dont have any plans on mass-producing it, copyrighting it, or even really selling it. Im just a 17yr old kid goofing around with a cool idea. BUT, you are correct in saying that I plan on making a How-to for it so that others can build one of their own. So far it has come along quite well considering I have spent $0 so far, lol, (YAY for salvaging old parts!). I do have a site already put up of some progress photos, some code, and schematics, etc. I guess Ill put it up on here, Im not really sure if Im allowed to; if not then mods just let me know or just go ahead and remove it and Ill PM the link to anyone who wants it. LINK

Just wanted to say that I am intrigued!

<-- potential customer

Good luck with it.

Well, development of the prototype is complete; time for the testing to begin. Ill also of course get to work putting up some accurate schematics/code and hopefully a how-to. The device seems to work but I still need to do some tests to determine battery life and timing accuracy. Unfortunately it does seem to be a little loud to me :frowning: BUT since you can adjust the alert length down to as little as 1sec, it is unlikely anyone would really notice/get u in trouble in school (esp if you put it on your ankle…maybe inside a sock?)

Ill try to put up more stuff if anyone is interested, maybe record a small video showing the device going through its modes. Please let me know if you are/arent interested, because if no one is interested in these little updates I dont want to keep bumping this topic with them.

Definately interested. Keep updating, and let us know when you get a more accurate schematics up. Sounds like a really good idea.

pleas keep updating
although i don t know how i will build it
maybe i will get a frend of mine to build it for me if it
dosent take to much time and effort
(but i will definately get that watch)
and if it is hard to build i will try to make a program for my mobile phone…
that shoulden t be very hard(i have a softwear for programing my mobile phone
i dont know much about it but i think i can make something)
i will make it so that i can set the duration of the alarm
and when the alarm should go on (periodicaly).
it wont make noise(when on vibration) during the day when i am in school
and when i go to sleep i will attach it somehow to my arm :happy:
and regulate the strenght of the vibration with a thin sponge
(i dont know the english term for that sponge if it even exists…
because my mother tongue is croatian)
i dont know how to programe or build anything :happy: but now i am strongly motivated
maby i even learn something because i know someone who could
learn me how to build it and programe my mobile phone.
i will be happy if i make this with the mobile phone in a few months or if it works
because it seems to me very stupid…but it vibrates so it should be good

or i should go in the sex shop by a vibrator with a timer or build one in it…
to bad i am not a woman (even if i look as one)on the bright side
i just invented a lucid sex machine :happy:
nimfos that like lucidnes will worship me all over the world
the only bad side in it is that it is not very practical i mean getting aroused every 40minutes
i am very interested in this method because im to lazy to do any other

Yes, this device is deffinately for the lazy. its one of the many reasons I came up with the idea. I have been away for Chrimbo and have just got back, so i’m a little out of the loop. But I will be PM 'ing rarebreed soon. nice to see it coming along nicely though.

I was searching for a vibraLite 3, and came across the vibraLite 8. I’m pretty sure that this one has a 5 second alarm instead of a 20 second alarm. I ordered one and it should be here on Monday. I’ll post to let you guys know what the alarm count is on it. I’m really eager to try this technique.

So, good news, I just got the VibraLITE 8 and it DOES have only a 5 second alarm on the Timer. And it restarts… so it should be what you are looking for, except it’s $70. I’m excited to try it out now.

Wow, that is fantastic.

Ive never found the vibrlite 8. It sounds like it will work a treat.

I have stopped using the vibralite 3 for now, as it continued waking me up. I have been waiting for rarebreeds talents in developing a device.
He has been successful, but more testing is needed, he informs me, it is also a little chunky.
The only problem, is that making one for ourselves. Even with rarebreeds guidance, especially software programming, it will be very difficult for most of us. (including me)

Please keep us all up to date with your testing with the vibrlite 8. I’m hoping for great results.

You know, you may well have found the answer to guaranteed LDing. I know i keep saying this, but the technique just makes so much sense, and so much easier than any other.

It will require very little effort and (hopefully) have great results.

I’ve just checked out the vibralite 8 on a website, and it looks like it could deffinately do the job.

The other downside of the 8, other than the 20 sec alarm, was the force of the vibration. But this could always be dampened with a small piece of foam, just tucked between the watch and your wrist.

Anyway, good luck with it. Let us know of your results. I have a feeling i may be buying one too.

alright, I think Ill finally make myself begin the testing phase. One of the main reasons I had been putting it off was because Ive been working on a separate project that also uses the same kind of chips and is related to LDs. I had hoped to do some upgrades to the watch before I began testing. The good news about me doing some other work first is that whenever I get around to upgrading the watch, I now know some tricks thatll allow me to implement things like controlling how strong vibration is.

OK, so on to the testing procedures. I am planning on using the settings of 3seconds vibalarm and have it go off at a rate of every 30min. Im thinking of doing it so often so that itll be drilled into my head. Another reason for the frequency is Im not planning on using it at all while Im at school, in order to avoid trouble. I may decide to increase the alarm lengths when I go to bed. Since the device is currently bulkier than Id like, Im going to have it in my pocket during the day and probably slip it in a sock on one foot while I sleep. Ill post every day on the results and any changes in the procedures.

Interesting note: the few times I have tried it out Ive found Ive ended up doing even more RCs than it reminds me to do. What happens is I get anxious wondering why the alarm hasnt gone off and then end up thinking about LDing and doing an RC.

P.S. I do hope the vib8 works for you, I made my device for free though, so I dont think Ill be buying one anytime soon. Ill try my best to get a tutorial up once Ive finalized the device and if testing proves beneficial. I really would love to make some for people or create kits or something, but Im kinda a full-time student and will be going off to college soon. Ill keep my mind thinking about ways of making it more accessible to people though.

I’ll keep you guys updated. Last night I couldn’t sleep and stayed up all night, so hopefully tonight. I’ve been doing vibrating RC’s all today and yesterday, so hopefully I’m used to it now. I would have to agree with Jayster, it just seems so easy it must work, hopefully we’re correct.