The girls/guys of your dreams

My dream people are pretty much the same as the type of people I’d see in RL. I mean looks-wise of course. In exception to the mythical creatures and people like elves and werewolves and shapeshifters.

My dreams feature pretty much girls too, and also cute and attractive, with very nice personalities.

Odd. It seems most guys posting here have mainly girls in their dreams…
It will be very usefull if more people will post in this thread.

As for me, I too see many people of the oposite gender…

I’m actually glad you created this topic, Rodrigo. (I’ve been wanting to bring this up, myself - via integration into my DJ, but a separate thread is even better.)

I also have a “vast cast” of females in my dream meanderings, in much the same description you’ve given, Rod. As in, WL girls pale in all respects when compared to the girls of my dream world. (It may be a stigma, though - me being so nervioso around girls IRL. Dream girls are just easier to speak with.)

Per chance I dream about a girl from WL, my subconscious will usually give them a complete makeover, making an already cute person even more adorable - which is saying very much.

The dream usually centers almost completely around the girl featured, and proves to be one of my most memorable dreams, given the unbelievably euphoric feeling I have at the time - like I’m on top of the world. It’s bittersweet, because while I’m blissfully unaware that I’m dreaming, I regrettably wake to feel all but fucked with in my own mind, thus epitomizing the truth of my banal existence - I’m a degenerate loser…

To further exemplify this, I’ve actually began making a comprehensive list of my dream females, in particular:

(The list below only featuring a sample of recurring female DCs, WL-based DCs indicated by an initialed surname.)

Aveena & Cara-Jade “CJ” Lee (sisters, 2-6 year difference - it varies)
Kim & Lin Nguyen (identical twins with the most varied appearances)
Ashley-Marie Ferguson (cause of some very intriguing dreams, also a WL-based DC composite)
Sheena S. (first sexually-oriented WL-based DC, other than celebrity - I think)
Alexas C. (the most dreamed about WL-based DC - upwards of 35+ dreams)
Jessica M. (centered in the most intriguing dreams…)

This is probably the major reason behind my purpose to LD. And I’m probably not the only one.

Makes me feel schizoid all over.

:neutral:

I forgot to tell that most of my DC are female, and most are celebrities,
I tend to have an urge to either kiss them or have sex with them,
but i’d like to have my own girlfriend in the dreamworld.

I’ve never noticed how many girls were in my dreams :tongue:. I do have guys in mine, but normally they are EVIL! unless they are close friends.

Normally my DCs who are the same gender than me (males) are my close friends.
And the female DCs are the ones IRL that I like, but there have been a few that were just made up.

Thanks for the tip, have never actually thought of talking to someone =P

Yeah, I agree with Aventura on the dream-girlfriend bit.

My interest, however, isn’t so much sexual or sensual as it just being I want to have someone to hang out with for the duration of the dream. (Except maybe in the case of WL-based DCs.)

Last week I noticed my dreams followed this trend as well, even made a comment in my DJ about it.

Nearly every night I have a dream with a female DC, and very often they are someone who I don’t recognize from anywhere. Almost always these DC are supermodel beautiful. The most vivid dream I’ve ever had included a totally fictionalized female DC who was absolutely gorgeous. The memory of that DC is still stuck in my head nearly 2.5 years later :peek:

I’m generally friends or otherwise involved with them in my dreams. It’s exceptionally rare that my opinion of them is one of lustful desire. I’m aware of their appearance but I seem to want nothing more than just their company. That’s how I am in person, so it never seemed odd… atleast not until I looked over my DJ and saw just how often the unknown female DC trend occurs.

That’s not to say my dreams are filled with only female DC, of course. There have been numerous male DC’s I never recognized, but more often than not the “main” DC’s will be female.

I don’t really believe that DCs are a complete work of the imagination.

Rodrigo you say that you have never seen these DCs before. But if you consider just how many people you pass on the street, either walking or in vehicles, or extras in the background of a TV movie. We see people like this every day and just don’t consciously acknowledge them.

Chances are you have seen some of these people in real life.

Most people in my dreams are people I have known at some point, but I do get DCs I don’t recognise as being from WL, it’s usually these DCs that I am drawn to by a feeling of knowing and/or love and they are often more beautiful that the average person, not always physical beauty though, sometimes they are beautiful in a way beyond what I can even explain. However, not counting people I do know, my DCs are about even in terms of amount per gender.

I’ve noticed that in my dreams i usualy see people i’ve never seen before (except some close friends) and now that you mention it, everyone looks ideal. I dont know about their personalities though cuz i never get to know any DCs, we rarely talk, it’s like im alone in the dream world, even when i am surrounded by people. The only thing i can instantly tell is wheather they’re good or evil.

Me too…
I don’t know about my DCs either…just that if their good or evil…

Yeah, it would be awesome to ‘rehearse’ a relationship w/ a girl and even marry her in the dream and have specific children, i prefer that instead of random sex.

“I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life”

Savage Garden…

I just thought I’d mention that lyric! :smile: :confused:miles to Kuro-tsuno who is sleeping right now XD probably? XD :

Yeah…

But I’ve recently been thinking, maybe in a self-defeatist, nihilistic manner: Is it even practical to carry out a relationship with a DC?

Possible, sure - no doubt, if maybe a bit… weird at first, but what are the ramifications of such a desire? And would it be preferred to - “better than” - a RL relationship?

Sorry. I try to analyze things from all angles, almost to a destructive manner, at times. But I thought it would be good for a discussion among those who have, are, or will consider the idea. :neutral:

i see your point Angstyboy,
the idea of doing that could destroy your desire for a RL relatioship,
it’s a very deep subject. What would happen if you have a deep relationship w / your DC and suddenly IRL you encounter a love partner? it’s a big deep thing to talk about for hours.

Interesting… Most of the time I have no recall of names for characters. Also, I don’t think I’ve ever had recurring girls in my dreams. In fact, the only recurring DCs I get are dream versions of people I know from RL, most of the time close friends or family.

Now that I think of it, there are recurring girl DCs I can remember. However, both of them were different on each time. It’s as if they were different persons with same/similar looks. There were two: one was a black-haired girl with pigtails who was sometimes Asian or had Asian elements related to her. Her hair was really really long and beautiful, too. The second one was a short-haired girl with tan/Indian-like skin. While at first look it seemed that there were only differences instances of the same characteristics on different dreams, all of them carried similar feelings about them. You know, the feeling you get when you talk to someone, they always had the same (all the pigtail girls and all the tan girls, respectively).

It’s been a while since I’ve last dreamed with them, but recently I’ve been having dreams with girls with short black hair.

I suppose you’re right when you say that the DCs might be people we’ve seen IRL, but sometimes I also wonder if: a) they aren’t a mix of several people/things we’ve seen b) they come from elsewhere, maybe another reality, if you believe our minds can connect to other realms of reality.

Still, for me it’s usually the girls who are more interesting. But, of course, I’ve also met really cool male DCs, usually on dreams where I’m part of a team or something like that.

I agree that this is strange subject… Since we still have a lot to learn from dreams, I don’t know if it would be safe to actually fall in love with a DC. I guess it just wouldn’t work. Also, think of the consequences: IRL, you’d feel guilty if you hanged out with another girl, and you’d be some sort of heart breaker, depending on the circumstances. There’s much to consider before trying anything like this :happy:

Even as a “rehearsal”, I’m not sure if it would work - we might end up manipulating the DC. Plus, people are mostly unpredictable, so you might rehearse for something that in the end would be of no use to you.

I see your point Rodrigo, but i’m gonna still try it,
I mean, i’m a person that has never had even a real female friend in school, i can hardly see myself w/ a girlfriend either. So my case can be special, it might not work for others because they might have their own RL girl/boyfriend but that’s not my case, and i know it won’t be like RL but it’s worth the try i mean, why not?

In school, I had no boyfriends, or anything…crushes, yeah but I didn’t have anyone even like me until I was older…^^; No one really likes me, or ever did so ^^; I can understand completely how you feel.

The thing is, if you fall in love with a dream character, and mold them to be your perfect girl…won’t you be biased if you really start having feelings…and how will you ever find the one you love? I mean, maybe you can have a “shared dream” sort of thing…where the girl is a real person, and you eventually meet her. It’s a shoujo manga plotline there XD but…what if after 5 months of DC dating, you meet a girl who is nice, who you really like, but doesn’t add up to your DC girlfriend? And what if it’s someone you can tell and share everything with—if you tell her about the DC girlfriend, she will probably always feel inadequate next to her, probably. (I know you’d probably say, oh well, I just won’t tell her! But that’s not being honest/sharing everything with this person you may come to truly love. Also, she might one day come across LD4all, and then…)

I mean, there might be someone already who has done this, but just putting myself in that idea, I’d probably always feel inadequate…I guess! I dunno. If it happened in a dream you had no control over, then it’s a dream…but to become lucid and to have a dream-world life…ah I dunno. I’m rambling. But, I was just thinking of the person you do come to love, their feelings… I’m being like Angstyboy-san, trying to figure out all the angles! ^^; But, it’s a human response to want to find someone, or whatnot. I remember being a teenager and thinking how nice it would be to find someone who even liked me. ^^; Alot of people find me annoying, especially guys so it was upsetting alot! ^^;

Kuro is someone who doesn’t find me annoying, but I can give you a long list of people who do… for some reason. :sad: which is why I don’t actually post much and probably shouldn’t post here now but don’t mind me! ^^;;;;

I think Adventura has a valid reason for wanting a DC-relationship, and I could actually see something of that manner working, if not in a quirky fashion given the raw nature of dreams, in general. But who’s to say it could not be done successfully? He may live, what I would call, a “backwards existence,” where he merely waits throughout the day to live in his dreams, and that could be totally fine for him. In fact, there are at least 10 reasons why DC girls are better than real girls:

You don’t need to spend any money on them.
You can go to the mall and actually pick one up.
You can always get the hottest one.
No shower, no problem.
You can go on dates in your underwear.
Your mom won’t get mad if your in your room with the door shut.
You get the XL pizza all to yourself.
No matter how many times you mess up, you can always try again.
You can actually get the one in magazines.
If you get bored… :lol: I honestly can’t think of why you would ever get bored.

Now I could joking entirely, but it’s arguable that a DC-relationship has its perks. RL ones do, too - just to be fair.

Wow, do they need to know about your dream life, too, Hime. :eek:

DC-girls only want to know what you want to tell them. :razz:

Anyway, if a RL-girl doesn’t compare to a DC-girl then forget about her. Or, start a relationship with her because she is imperfect. Personally, I see DC-girls as real so long as I exist in my dreams and they exist in my memory.

This would make for a nice mini-experiment. The nature of a dream-based relationship…

I think the entire RL-girlfriend v. DC-girlfriend depends on your ethics. Are they really going to carry over into the dreamverse. I’d hate it if my WL completely invaded my dream life like that. :roll: