Messed up clock

I woke up in the middle of the night last night and looked at my clock, but I had a very tough time reading it. It seemed like a mess of numbers, that instead of looking like a clock, turned into a list of random numbers, or a spiral of shapes and figures. I had to focus pretty hard to actually read the time of 5:02.

This happens quite frequently to me, and I usually just brush it off as me barely being awake enough to read the clock. But I thought about this for a little while, and realized it might be a dream, but because it seems like I am in my bed I think I am actually awake. What do you guys think?

That could have quickly escaladed to a FA (a false awakening) those things are bad and you don’t want them :tongue:

Yeah always do a reality check if your unsure. In many dreams, you are in your bed.

Actually, if this does happen to you frequently, you should consider yourself lucky!

FAs, (at least, they sound like there FAs) can be an excellent tool for entering LDs, all you have to do is get into the habit of performing RCs upon awakening and after a few weeks of doing so, you will convert all those FAs into LDs!

Yes, I would recommend doing RCs (Reality Checks) every time you wake up. That, or just start recognizing that as a dream sign, once you notice that you are dreaming, you can become Lucid. But who knows, maybe you are just a bit sleepy?

yes, I had my first real LD tonight, but I “woke up” pretty quickly. Disappointed, I looked at my clock and saw that it was speeding through time as though it had only a few seconds to count through the rest of eternity. I realized that it was a false awakening, and turned it into a higher level lucid dream than the first. those blasted clocks can be quite helpful if you just remember to do a RC.

Actually, if I suspect that I have woken up and am lying in bed, I look at my clock as a RC. Ten it would do less crazy things than what you described. But usually if I just wake up from a dream I don’t bother looking at the clock. I suggest that the next time it happens, you get up and look around. If you’re not dreaming, then you’re hallucinating anyway so have fun with that, if you have the time that is.