LD4all Quest 27 - Resonant moon (7) - Re-enter a dream

LD4all Quest 27 - Resonant moon: Re-enter a dream
Author: pasQuale

Each moon, on LD4all :ld4all: we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.

Re-enter a dream
In this Quest you have to re-enter a previous dream. This can either be a dream of yourself or a dream of someone else. You have to enter the dream from a lucid dream, or re-dream a normal dream again, but then lucidly.

To complete this Quest and earn your wings

• Pick a dream, either from yourself or someone else. Post the dream you will attempt to re-enter in this topic. (if it is a dream of someone else be sure you have permission to post their dream first! - and permission to re-enter their dream as well) Also think about how you will try to re-enter and share that in the topic, to inspire others as well.
  • You can re-enter a lucid dream or a normal dream, the dream in which you re-enter it should be lucid. You can try changing a situation from a previous dream, or try to re-visit a particularly vivid landscape, etc. I will also award if you start out in your dream you want to revisit, and become lucid in that one. I do not award if you succeed in entering your previous dream never become lucid[/b] (this is a lucid Quest after all).
  • if you have any goal with the re-visit, please post it in here as well. A goal can be anything from - touristical visit, just to be there again, or asking a particular DC what their purpose is, or changing something that happened in the dream, etc.
  • Once you are lucid, succeed in re-entering your target dream.
  • bonus Succeed in reaching the goal you set.
  • Post your dream in this topic (a link to your DJ is allowed but you have to post in this topic that you have succeeded)

Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - I will only give wings if you feel you have been succesfull in completing the Quest, the wings are a reward for yourself.

I will give everyone who earned it their wings at the end of this Quest, so please be patient

Tips for re-entry* Know the dream will be there behind a door.

• Jump into a picture representing the dream.
  • Go through a mirror, a portal, or a door with the intention to end up in your desired dream.
  • Call for a guide to take you to the dream, or call out loud to be taken to that dream.

Preparations/Incubation
Before going to sleep or while doing your LD incubation technique (WILD/WBTB/MILD, etc):

• Read the dream you want to re-enter, imagine yourself to be there, visualise yourself again in the dream. Read it several times until you know it by heart. When going to sleep, repeat the dreamscene in your head and visualise how the dream would be if you were lucid, and visualise yourself completing your goal.
  • Imagine how you will enter this dream once you have become lucid

Post your attempts, whether you feel you succeeded or not, in this topic :smile:

Last but not least: have fun everyone! :happy:

:peek: note: Resonant moon is from january 10 until februari 6

I’m gonna try this :happy:

I think the dream i will try and re-enter is my first ever LD.

I had it when i was about five years old. I was in some odd house, it was huge and full of many weird inventions and machines. I was there with my friend and i was trying to some how convince him it was a dream. So i showed him some device which said ‘Dream World’ on it.

I would like to re-enter that dream so i can see my younger self and re-live that experience. At the time i found it amazing.

:rofl: so I could re-enter my attempt to get to the labyrinth with the gift dream :happy:
/me thinks the chance of her getting quest wings has gone up!

/me :hugs: Q

Oh i love this idea. I had been trying to re-enter a dream i had a few days ago before i knew of this quest actualy. And i want to prevent someone i met from passing away this time and ask him who he is and why he was in my dream. :yes:
I’ll definately get this one… (at least i hope so) :content:

this sounds cool, re-entering an older dream of mine would be a nice expierence. i think i will join but i dont know wich dream i shall be re-entering yet (maybe i will enter one of moogles dreams :wink: )

Hmm, I will have to think of a dream first… But I will try ^^

this is what inspired me 2 LD in the first place, cos I once when I was young (9 or 10) woke from a non-lucid dream and then managed to re-enter it while I was still in that dozy state… only it was lucid when I went back :smile:

I might try re-entering that one again… if I can remember it! :content:

If I would manage to have a Lucid Dream, I think I’ll enter the dream where I had a nice gun. (The first entry in my DJ)

How ironic, I did this for the first (and only) time just a few days ago.

Well-well, I’ll try again then. :content:

To me this sounds like MILD. I’ll try and do this the next time I get lucid.

I think i did it, last night i got Lucid and re-entered a previous ND i had.

Its in my DJ (Link in my sig.)

or click here if you’re too lazy to look for it in his DJ :content:

this sounds quite interesting , a question , has it to be the dream from which i just woke up ? or can it for example also be a dream I had as a child ?

Also , is it because of the wings you take now no suggestions of the quest suggestion topic anymore ?

It doesn’t matter which dream it is. It can be from the past, present, a ND or a LD. If I read it correctly.

ah , ok :whew: , than it is a lot easyer i think … i hope this is true :yes:

Sometimes I have something in my mind already, so I don’t need to go for the Quest suggestion topic for inspiration :wink:

I don’t suppose I can count the time I re-entered a dream lucidly two nights in a row about ten years ago?

Bah, I’ll get my wings for this anyway. I can feel it!

I’d like to re-enter a dream I had roughly 3 years ago, shortly before I moved from my old house. In it I stepped off the ferry and was greeted by a DC who I walked and talked with down by the waterfront, eventually coming upon her home where I briefly met her family.

It was a bizarre dream because it was so highly detailed and felt totally real. I also thought it odd that the DC had a home and family (and a believable one at that). Because I remember so much of how it looked, I should be able to re-enter it easier than some of my other dreams. I want to walk to the DC’s home and ask her who she is (I don’t remember ever getting a name), and ask her why she had come to meet me at the ferry.

Going to be tough - I’ve tried for nearly 3 years to re-enter this one!

I know exactly what dream to try to go back to! Way back when I was somewhere around 3 - 4 years old, I had a recurring dream all the time… It was one of the first dreams I can remember having, as well.

(Put in spoiler-tags because it’s long-ish.)

SPOILER - Click to view

There was this “monster” with like, a generic green “monster”-ish face, fangs, etc, but a human body with clothes and everything. However, for some reason, he was my friend. He never said anything, ever. I just… Knew he was my friend? Anyways, he and I were in a dark-ish, empty, completely grey room with a door in the corner and light coming in from a window by the door. It was late-twilight outside, and I could only see the sky. This “teenager” (this is the way I remember thinking of him later) came into the room (since I was only 3, he was much bigger than me, and kind of a “symbol” of fear) and started throwing pairs of jeans at me and my “monster friend.” No, I have no clue why he threw jeans at us. But, basically, the jeans sort of “forced” us through the line where the floor/wall meet (like a video game - glitch, kind of) and we were halfway between the room and whatever was below. We tried hanging onto the floor, but the “teenager” stepped on our hands and laughed. We fell through the floor and began falling a good 20 feet into some completely black water. I couldn’t swim (I was 3!) and I remember being very afraid of dying. My “monster friend” pulled me onto his back so he’d hit the water first. I remember going under the water, and being terrified of losing this “monster friend” and also of drowning. The next thing I knew, however, I was back up in the room and some policemen were taking the “teenager” away. The “monster friend” had saved me somehow, and died in the process. When I walked through the entrance in the corner of the room, I was in a police station. I remember someone warning me not to go out the entrance/exit to the building, but I did anyways. When I did, I found that the entire building was in the sky and I was entirely surrounded by the night sky. I don’t remember seeing ground below me. I was standing on an invisible flight of stairs, leading downward. I walked down a few steps, and they suddenly ended and I began falling. I fell for a very long time, terrified once more, and then I woke up.

I’m going to go back and save my “monster friend”!

I know exactly what dream I want to re-enter now.

[spoiler]Night of January 18, 2008

Technique of the Month: FILD

Behind Enemy Lines
It was late in the evening while I was walking toward the command post and was going to inform the higher ranking officers that I was going to resign from the unit (I was thinking the same thing IRL about a COD2 realism unit). I was wearing an American uniform holding an M1 Garand. I got there and just started talking to them, I forgot what the conversation was about. All of the sudden there was day light. I was on a patrol to go behind enemy lines or something. I sprinted out into a field that had short green grass. I slid on a slope into a foxhole that had grass in it (they don’t usually). I poked my head out and saw one German soldier out in the open, I looked to the left and saw two others that were next to some wooden building to the left of them. The soldier that was in front of me had his back to me and I thought that I should shoot him first then the other two next. I stood up without aiming and shot 8 shots at him then I heard a ping indicating that I needed to reload my weapon (the ping of death :ebil: ) . I don’t think I killed him, I heard the other two Germans behind me shouting to each other. I started sprinting like I’ve never done it before back to my company. I could hear gun shots firing at me but I didn’t feel a thing so I thought that they just had horrible aim.
[/spoiler]

I think I’ll give this a try as well…It was the Dream I had about Queen SD as the Grim Reaper…happened the other night…maybe I can understand what those numbers mean’t she was speaking.