The girls/guys of your dreams

I’ve entirely forgotten the initial purpose of this topic. :tongue:

It went from girls, to relationships, to reality, life, God… This is really just a potpourri of “randomly” interrelated subject matter and we should have probably moved it to a different thread a long time ago.

But, okay - I’ll bring us back on topic:

Girls, right? Impossibly cute DC girls… :uh:

What about guys? I mean, for the female members of the forum - do you experience more or less the same, as in: “fantasmically hot DC guys?”

The next question qould be if this is just a common phenomenon among the single class of dreamers, in general…

Yeah… and that was just a bit from the very complexed dreamworld. :content:

I still mainly dream of Rikku…

I dreamed once of Yuna; i was a guardian of her in her own island.(can’t remember the name of the island)

raises hand

My dreams are almost always full of extremely cute guys, too bad I never realize i’m dreaming and in my dreams they seem so cool I don’t really know how to approach them. :neutral:

Girls in my dreams - well, they are pretty average looking, like the girls that I pass by in the street everyday. Ive had many dreams where I tried to make some friends, but all the girls in my dreams were acting quite bitchy towards me, which made me back up immediately, since im a pretty shy person irl. Ive had many catfights in my dreams. :tongue:

Yeah, it’s general consensus that DCs of the same gender are like that.

As a straight male, I can say that there’s really no problem with other males in my dreams. Mostly, I’m always with friends or companions, and they are usually males. If you consider the appearance, though, there’s really no special-looking guys for me :razz: On the other hand, the number of bizarre-looking guys is much greater than girls… See my DJ for the Donkey dream. There was a guy who was supposedly a talking Donkey, but he looked like a rolled-up rug with tentacles crawling out of it.

You’re not part of the general consensus, Rodrigo. Which is actually an intentionally badass covert, mainstream organization - ninjas, if you will - hailing from the southwest Detroit area, with complete dominion over the general population - about 97% of the U.S. population. I can actually prove this using mathematical analysis of the Uncertaintity Principle.

:neutral:

But since you live in Brazil, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

That aside, I was just speaking in general terms. Generally off-topic. But it’s all in a general day’s work. Generally speaking.

~ General Angstyboy

Now that Rodrigo talked about a talking donkey (the one from the bible that talked to the prophet? :eh: ) have you guys had any anthromorphic-related dream?
(anthromorphism is any other non-human being w/ human form)

blinks

Uh… Sure, whatever. :smile:

Actually, it wasn’t really in the same way as the Bible… Let’s say it was just wrong and bizarre, check out the dream in my DJ… But still, please, let’s not take this off-topic :smile: Maybe we could create a new post about anthropomorphic-related dreams :happy:

Well, it would seem Hime and I have beaten this topic to death, but I was actually wondering - possibly an uncomfortable topic for some:

Has anyone had homosexual tendencies in their dreams? Not necessarily by volition, like in an LD, but more in a normal dream… (Of course, if you have switched sexual preferences by choice, then by all means, share.)

I’ve had it happen at least 3 times that I can recall, in an ND, that is. Only one seemed valid, though, in which I found the guy - a childhood friend - attractive. And, I felt completely comfortable with him. How I would assume a true-to-life, heterosexual relationship to be.

(Yeah… that was awkward. But it does raise to mind a lot of speculation into another sub-aspect of this topic - “true self.” I know it sounds shopworn, but maybe we’re closer to our tture selves in dreams than we are even in waking life. Most of us put up façades because we’re intrinsically conditioned to do so in a society where general consensus rules over the individual. True collective conscious - mob mentality; conformity - at work. Life becomes a play, us mere dramatis personae. And after putting up front-after-front our true self is progressively regressed, buried under each mortal mask until we forget who we really are, mired in what the general population deems “proper.” I think dreams are sometimes a way for us to see who we once were and still are. A person may claim to be a homophobic, act it to a fault, and actually begin believeing it himself. But if he’s dreaming of being with another guy and thinks, “This’s okay…” what does it really mean? True, it may not mean he’s without doubt homosexual, but it can definitely say that he’s a lot more accepting of the lifestyle than he wants to believe. So maybe these impossibly cute girls/guys are our subconscious’ representation of a society without social walls…)

:confused:

Eh, it sounds kind of smarmy, maybe, but - you know - it’s just something else to think about.

Good point Angstyboy,

But the problem is that not every dream necessarily shows your true self. So you can not be sure about that :confused:

I had ND’s about being with girls (Did not really enjoy that.) But I was a boy once and with a girl and I liked that :confused: Does that mean I want to be a man? I do not think so :razz: Maybe it shows that some of part me is more male like then female like… I think everybody has that.

So dreams might show your true self but it also might show a part of yourself. Mixing that up and you think wrong about yourself.

Yeah, true. That’s why I said “maybe sometimes.” Just a thought really.

May be something to make a dream quest out of… Or research project. Somehow.

i sure as hell do.
it’ll usually be a striking man, with GREAT style, clothes, hair… i mean everything i would wear if i were a guy basically. its more of a “wow do i know you?” feeling.
he is always very, very smooth too. never does a thing out of time, or awkward.
he comes into my dreams every few weeks, or months. he looks different almost every time, but i know who he is.
and i am not single in RL.

Actually, your dreams show your actual true self, the thing is that not always we accept what we dream. You might not like being w/ a girl IRL but there is a part,deep in your subconcious that you like someway girls, but perphaps by ethics, you don’t accept that irl.
Trust me i have said the same about things i don’t accept of my dreams, but i have discovered months later that dreams alway show our true self, even when appear to be non-sense.

I don’t completely agree here. Sometimes, dreams are things we have seen on TV. Or read in a book. I had a dream about exploding things, because I had watched Gilligan’s Island about plates that exploded, and that night our car was hit while parked…o.O

Your subconcious is sort of that little part of you, that says silly mean things that make you go, “why did I think that?” or, just your mind trying to defrag (like a PC) your mind for that day sometimes. It’s what you do with those thoughts, of how you feel when you are awake that makes you you. I mean, in a LD you have control, so that is different, but me dreaming about exploding things after I watched Gilligan’s Island about plates they discovered that exploded…does not mean I am some form of exploding plates. o.O (Actually the dream was about a witch who could cause car doors to explode…just the door. Because that’s all that was hit when someone hit our parked car!)

I find it just hits you with odd things…so…yeah I’ll stop now but :smile: No one can really be sure of what it is. It could be an insight into a person, the real them. Or it could just be something you saw on TV!

Just because I dream I’m a Borg, doesn’t mean I don’t like my individuality. It might mean I want to be part of a collective…or it might just mean I watched too much Star Trek! :smile:

(And I am posting here again…ackiness…)

How dare you have the audacity to make such a fallacious claim of rampant hypocrisy, Hime. First of all -

:razz: No, no - really, I’m just joking.

Well, in all fairness, I did say “sometimes.”

Like I said in another thread, no one can come to a general agreement on what dreams are specifically for because each person grants it unique meaning… or not. Depends on their caring for them.

And then again, Hime, your post makes me think of something:

Maybe dreams are so simple, even a child can understand them. In fact, an adult couldn’t understand them at all. Our brains are active all the time. Maybe dreams are just our mind’s time to play. (We have a huge hand in guiding our thought-process during the day, after all.)

We humans are full of contradictions, though. Aren’t we? :smile:

I think she means generally speaking, Queen. :wink:

But there’s a connection to them all, in some way. Seeing as we delved deeper into the subject until we came to this point.

Which causes me to pause for thought:

How many of us dream of fairly young DCs - children, teens, and young adults in their early- to mid-20s? And how many of us just look/feel younger in dreams than in waking life?

That could just be an idiosync of my own dreams, but the topic that Rod brought up - these incredibly beautiful people we see populating our dream worlds - they could be the personfication of immortality, in our SC’s sense. The archytypal “eternal youth.”

Eeer guys, I have really no problem with slightly off-topic discussions, such as the whole philosophical side of the DC relationships, but this whole life/death thing is way off :smile: Please stick to the main topic.

the death/life off shoot has now been transplanted into lounge :moogle:

mmh , well may i say something to what hime & Co sayed ? thank you :happy:
in my dreams i often feel younger (more into my early teens ) … ok, that being sayed i think that it is true that maybe a fair amount of people we “dream up” are people which we have seen IRL …