Coping with wet dreams

Hmm, I think that menstruation is a bigger problem. It hurts. You can not get rid of it after waking up and it is bad for your mood…

I think a kick between the legs is a better way to compare the feeling of menstruation.

(Sorry, I’m not some really femenistic woman but I do not think that a wet dream can be that bad :razz:)

What is the male form for giving birth?

Commitment. :neutral:

Seriously, though, I would probably agree with Mohegan, as it does sound logically applicable, in theory.

(Honestly, though - I didn’t even know males still experienced wet dreams into adulthood. But that’s because of my own ignorance and personal experience. As far as chastity goes, I couldn’t give a solution. [size=42]Other than don’t.[/size])

Items you may need:

Mattress cover/extra sheets
A washing machine
Wear underwear (two pair?)

Since you don’t relieve yourself, then wet dreams and involuntary masturbation in your sleep is what your body chooses to do. Since you’re in your early 20’s you should find that your frequency of wet dreams diminishing soon.

Beat you to it. :razz:

Involuntary masturbation?! :eek: What happened to SP?

Your body could care less about SP at that “happy” state. xD

I guess I’m the lucky one, when I have a sexual dream and get to that “happy” state I don’t wake up in an orgasm.

Does that mean that someone who’s never done it could still “go through the motions” whilst asleep? Just because it’s instinctual?

It’s possible yes, both sex and masturbatory. There is something called Sleep Sex (or sexomnia) where the dreamer performs sexual acts during NREM.

I believe there is a wiki article on it.

Here, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexomnia

I’ve never had the pleasure, but I suppose if you wanna avoid the mess, you could put some tissues in your underwear at night, or sleep with a condom on. It seems really unpractical though. As for the actual occurrence, you could use try to be lucid as often as possible to make sure you keep it clean in your dreams.

Or you can stop having those dreams. Right now. Stop thinking about sex during the day. No sex. NO SEX! There is just no such thing with the letters S.E.X. DONT THINK ABOUT SEX!

Seriously though, you could stop having them just by deciding to do so.

TwilightDreamer, wet dreams is a physical reflex that is impossible to stop with only thought. To make it worse, they take place while we are unconscious, and that would make controlling it even harder! In sleep, we move our eyes, our limbs, some even walk and talk in their sleep. Would it be possible to stop that with just not thinking about it?

If I sleep in an unfamiliar bed in the right time of month, I sometimes stretch a towel across the middle of the bed and wash it afterwards, if an accident has happened. If it is a big problem, even an incontinence towel could help…

Why not just castrate him? :neutral:

What about tampons for guys? I think Siiw is onto something, there…

Of course, given the infrequency of the matter, it’s something you’d have to do every night. And who wants to go through all that when it itself could prove more work in the grand scheme than just “cleaning up” a few nights a month?

Or maybe I’m just being insensitive? :eh:

I don’t think I have had a single wet dream in my intire life to be honest.
I think it has something to do with my level of sexual activity, with females and Mr. Righty.

I think that’s pretty much your problem.

It’s a problem for me sometimes. It’s fine when I’m away at university in my own bed (alone regretably despite my wonderful muscular legs), because I can masturbate when I get the urge, but when I’m somewhere where it is inapropriate or inpracticle, I find that after just a couple of days without relieving myself, I run the risk of a wet dream. I never sleep nude in these situations. A thick pair of pyjama shorts can absorb most of the blast, so you don’t mess up bedsheets, and they can be discretely hand washed, and dried out of view in a wordrobe or under your bed. Even if they are not dry for the following night, that shouldn’t be a problem because I don’t think it likely that anyone would have a wet dream on two consecutive nights. Hopefully this can be of some help.

I don’t think it can really be compared to menstruation, because menstruation is actually painful and lasts a while. Wet dreams are just very embarassing, because people associate them with sexual sensitivity and inexperience. Studies have shown that taking doses of testosterone can greatly increase the frequency of wet dreams, and testosterone is what gives us our macho manly qualities.

Oddly, I’ve never had a wet dream. I attribute this to excessive abuse of the weasel. If you want to be happy, experience less stress, and have dry sheets, I would recommend regular tug of war training with Cyclops.

The Rev

I’m having wet dreams relatively often. Even if I masturbate sometimes.

According to Stephen LaBerge, wet dreams might be generated to fit a nocturnal emission that just happened. Then, orgasms in LDs aren’t as likely to be wet.

It doesn’t seem to be the case for me. Anyway, I think I have one wet dream every week or two, and had one wet LD.

It’s starting to annoy me.

I’ve never had a wet dream before o.O, but I’ve woken up in the middle of masturbating(can we say that here?)

I’m a 28 year old woman, and I’ve been getting wet dreams a lot recently. It’s enjoyable during the dream state, but then it just feels disturbing when I wake up. It’s probably because I have not been sexually active in the past two months. But since I’ve been getting my period on top of that, your analogy doesn’t hold up. They say it is more common for women than generally reported.

Wear a condom to bed.

:lol:

I never had a wet dream :sad:
Always wanted to have one!

And I can hardly look at it as the male version of the menstrual cycle…