'immortality' from girls/guys of your dreams

“The secret of being a child is never knowing that you will one day be gone…but the secret of being adult is never forgetting that you were once immortal”

something like that, was a saying I was told or read or heard long ago…

:smile:

Very well said, I may add. And, even though this is the first time I’ve ever read the quote, it’s something I always thought about when I stepped beyond the boundary of childhood into my teenage years.

Dreams are kind of like that immortal part of us re-awakened then, huh? :smile:

:smile: Mhm, maybe@!!! Well said. :smile:

It’s amazing how this topic was the dream guys and girls to this XD LOL…

I’ve been watching Ghost Hound with Kuro recently, which has kinda made me go…woah…there was a mention there of something in the brain that makes some people actually feel immortal…

I then thought of Highlander and went…:sad: aww…:sad:

not all children think they are immortal… when i was a child i had an obsession with death. i knew we all had to die…

Mhm, not saying it’s everyone, was just a quote I read…but I think it means just the mind thinking of a child, perhaps? I dunno. I just remember reading it ^^;

I can back that up; and I even took it a step further: reincarnation. I remember scaring the bejeezus out of myself when I thought up the concept of being reincarnated as bacteria. This was when I was four, too. I was a weird kid.

I say: Wanting to be physically immortal is the wish of a fool. :grin: Come on, why would you want to stay incarcerated in a physical mind and body when your spirit can finally roam free? And in the event that we’re going nowhere after this…well then, I guess each of us has had a good run. At least the woes of consciousness will be over by then.