Learning Musical instruments

Do you have any experiences with learning to play a musical instrument in a LD? I heard about people doing sports excercises in a LD and actually getting better, so i thought same should be possible with music.

I can imagine that LD can also be a good preparation for big events to decrease stage-fright. But for now I haven’t been able to try. Still trying to get my first LD.

when I was younger and had several LD´s, I usually had dreams in which I played the piano and the guitar
I didn´t play these instruments at that time but now I play both…
I´m sure you can improve yourself in LD´s but I think the sounds come out a little different from the real ones

Ive picked up and played a guitar in an LD and from what I can remember it was very similar, if not the exact same as playing the real thing. I didnt waste much time with it as I had alot of other stuff on my agenda, but I felt that if I practiced in LD’s it would improve my skill IRL.

I dunno about LEARNING an instrument. Say, I pick up an instrument I’ve never played, I don’t think I could teach myself to play it in my dream as my mind doesn’t know how its played and how the instrument responds to input.

i play guitar and sing and i’d love to be able to LD so i could practise in front of a large audience to reduce stage fright in real life.

there is an anecdote in the Stephen LaBerge book (exploring the world of Lucid Dreaming) about a french hornplayer who dreams about playing in front of a large audience in his LD’s and then plays thew same piece IRL and does it perfectly.

i think it would be very helpful for that kind of thing but it’s not very likely you can start learning an intstrument from scratch.

I think you would be able to practice songs (I played a ukulele in one of my LDs).
I don’t know if you would be able to create new sounds that you didn’t know what they were in real life (that made no sense).

yeah.
i think you would have to be able to play the instument to a degree

You can make the moves you know to be more natural to you.
You can remember songs better.
You can get a better sense about harmony and rythmique.
You can remind in forgotten moves.

But I don’t think you can do much beyond that.

You can make songs better. The hardest part about song writing (especially with more than one part) You dunno how it’ll sound. Use a dream to test it, ask for a orchestra to come in :razz:.

do you know this from personal experience?

No. Not a personal experience.
But I estimate it, according to data I got from this site.

I made a little discovery about stage fright – just have someone go right before you who is totally relaxed and at ease in front of a group of people, then model what you do after what they JUST did. This may not work for everyone, but it seemed to work for me.

I play the classical guitar and it sounds like a good idea to practice In my dreams to make my subconscious more aware of the the songs that i am playing.[/list]

well I havent tried this yet I have only had 6 LD, but I know to play the acoustic guitarr and the electric guitar. I had this experience in y second LD: I entered my school and my class was bored so I transformed the shcool in a rock concert, I played some songs of blink 182, and I even played songs I dont realy know, so I think you can play better because you imagine that you play better

I think you’d be surprised how well our minds really know music. I believe that after listening to music all of our lives and many many times a day our minds have really grown to understand it on a subconscious level. I’ve definitely thought about getting better at instruments through LDing. Of course, I haven’t had any where I’ve played, but that is one of my plans. Plus, studies show that ‘Visualization’ helps players get better at sports. If ‘visualizing’ it happening while awake can help you get better at it, then certainly experiencing it in an LD WILL help you to the nth degree.