So I don't know what to do.. at all.

I’ve been trying since August to have an LD, with no success. A couple FLD’s, but other than that, zip. I’ve been mostly trying to do WILD, but before going to sleep in the evenings, rather than WBTB. I was thinking this could be the problem, but I’ve tried quite a few other techniques with no success. The problem is I’m still 16, in full time school, so I can’t really afford to do WBTB every night. Because of this also, I can’t do WBTB like most people say to do it (eg. I can’t go on the computer and have a shower at 4 am while everyone’s asleep…)

So I’ve been mostly trying WILD in the evenings, and WBTB sporadically every three weeks or so, whenever I feel like it really. I usually have a lot success waking up to WBTB without an alarm clock, autosuggestion seems to be easy. I always wake up at 4 when I want to, give or take half an hour.

So pretty much, what should I try? I’ve been really wanting an LD for months, had no success, and tried again, no success. I really need help.

It does take time. I had been trying for months when I successfully WILDed, but then it seemed I couldn’t do it for months again, but now it’s really starting to pick up and I’ve wilded twice in the last week accidentally.

Trying to wild in the evening is very difficult. Perhaps you could try it just at the weekends when you might normally have a lie-in. Just get up normally as usual, and then you don’t have to do much before going back to bed. Maybe just read for a few minutes, just until you’re awake enough to concentrate.

During the week, you could try other techniques, like MILD, and do all the stuff like keeping a dream journal and getting into the habit of doing reality checks.

Hello IWantMuffins! I’m also 16, so I know what you’re talking about. WILD has a very slim chance of working if you don’t WBTB. However, a decent WBTB doesn’t need an hour. I assume you’re going off of Darxide’s guide. All you really need to do is get up, maybe walk around a bit until you are fully awake, then attempt the WILD again. I usually do this ten-minute WBTB on weeknights, then do the hour-long one Friday and Saturday nights. I also agree with Mighty Mutant in that you’re better off with just MILD and a DJ on weeknights, anyway.