Are you a natural? - Part I

yeah i consider myself a natural, it took a little time to get it all started up, but i definatly rememeber being lucid when i was younger, and it being a common thing, so yeah i would say that i was just born this way :wink:

I have had lucid dreams as long as I can remember. :cool: When I was a child, a DC would sometimes place a certain “symbol” in nightmares to show me it was only a dream.

I used to have LD’s most nights when I was little. I’d basically decide what I was going to dream before I went to bed. I guess that means I’m a natural. :happy:

My first one was when I was about… 5 or 6 years old.’
I’m a natural, and always had full control since I had my first one. (Took me some time though to get my flying, but after 2 tries it worked).
But now I cant seem to get them anymore that often

The closest I had to a LD was what I knew on waking up to be a FLD, about 1 month after joining ld4all.

i had semi WBTB induced LDs since i was 12 or so , but that somewhere on the way to my 16th birthday stopped and i have now LDs again since i joined LD4all

I remember having at least 2 Lucid Dreams as a child but only one where i did powers and lasted a while. It was Great! thats why i decided to look into it more. And i dont consider myself a naturaly LD’er because i think those were just random LD’s

I’m not a natural. I didn’t know what lucid dreaming was when I was young. I do, however, remember some dreams vividly when I was a child.

I remember having a couple when I was younger I remember I could make objects I’d always have that hey im dreaming so I guess im a natural

I am not a natural either, I hope I was. :happy:

I neither knew what LDing was when I was just a small one. :tongue:

I’ve always been a natural dreamer. :lol:

I have really vivid HI and as long as I can remember I’ve had LDs. The control hasn’t always been there but the knowledge has and I just thought that everyones dreams were like that. Guess I know different now. :content:

I used to incubate dreams extremely easily. I’d just "day"dream as I was going to sleep, and my dream would be a continuation of the "day"dream. I can’t do it very well now though, which sucks because if I could I would use it for VILD!!

Well, I’m not sure I’d call myself a natural, although I haven’t had much trouble having LD’s lately. But I have had, I believe, at least 2 LDs when I was a kid. I only remember one where I thought something like “hey, I’m dreaming. I better not think to much about it or I’ll wake up.” Then I lost lucidity. But I knew excitement could wake me, so I think I had some “experience” before…

I used to be able to get up out of bed and then hope right back into a dream right where it left off. Now I always seem to have a completely different dream.

Anyways about LDing, I had my first one when I was 7 during a daytime nap, and after getting out of bed I discovered that I could float on the carpet. So then I tried doing bellyflops onto the carpet and, landing about a foot above the ground, floating around my house.
“If only my parents could see me doing this! I’ll be famous!” I thought. I thought it was the most amazing thing in the world and I had superpowers and that, of course, it was real life. I floated through the hallways and living room - my dreamscape being a perfect rendering of my house.
It was so real that I don’t even remember waking up (or rather, didn’t think anything of it), and just as I woke up my parents were pulling in the driveway, so I decided to run to the door and wait to show them my awesome new powers.
My dad opened the door and I go, “Dad, look!” And I run and do a bellyflop flat on the carpet in front of him. He looked confused.
“No, wait! I can fly! Look!”
…I did it again…and I was crushed.
In hindsight, that night my parents were probably discussing what special ed school I’d be enrolled in when the time came. Oh dear.

I remember when i was way younger, i had lucid dreams since i was 5-7 yrs old and they stopped when i was around seven. back then i didnt know anything about them or what they were called. i didnt even know i could control them, i only knew i could tell myself im dreaming to wake me up from a nightmare by saying and thinking really hard ‘im dreaming im dreaming’ over and over again.’

I’ve been lucid dreaming since I was about four or five years old. Originally, I used to have a lot of nightmares when I was little (people were always chasing me and I could never get away. My hair always flew in my face and I stumbled everytime I tried to run. I guess you could say I hadn’t yet acquired my “dream feet”.)

Eventually, that type of dream became so common that I began to realize when I was dreaming. So I woke myself up. As I got older, I realized that I could also control my dreams–change the scenery or the plot, fly, create forcefields, rewind my dreams to redo things, use telekenisis, etc. I called these my dream powers. I thought everyone had them.

I think some of my success as a lucid dreamer is the result of my good dream recall. There is seldom a dream I cannot remember in explicit detail. And my god, they seem so long. I’ve had people accuse me of making my dreams up simply because they were so long lol.

Anyhow, to get to the point–I’ve never encountered someone who experiences as many lucid dreams as I do, or who possesses the same dergree of control over those dreams. So I’d like to konw if this is rare, and to hear other’s experiences. :content:

Well, how often do you have lucid dreams? I have met some others online who have lucid dreams every night, around 1-2 a night or so. I was just at a dreaming conference in Sweden (IASD) where I talked to some researchers who said that people with lucid dreams pretty much every night were really hard to come by.

I’m a natural - i had some lucid dreams when i was a child, but i always woke up - i couldn’t stay in the dream. I thought it wasn’t possible to stay in the dream while being lucid. Last year i found ld4all and now i know it IS possible. :content:

when i was a kid i knew many times that i was dreaming
was always flying and jumping on the roofs sometimes i even get gifts
then the next morning i was sad that the gifts where gone :happy:
anyways now that i know about lucid dreaming
its much harder to do it.
i maybe was lucid for 15 sec a few times,
so im not a natural
but i think i was when i was young! :happy:

I had a few LD’s before knowing what it was, but I always woke up right after I found out I was dreaming :cry: