The BIG "Was this a LD?" topic - Part VI

well it all depends on if you really were aware it was a dream or a mechanical ‘I’m dreaming’ with no true awareness.
If it was a LD then the vague recall would be down to it being a low level LD.
It’s possible you had one lucid experience in the night and that resulted in later dreams about lucidity :meh:
So the key is to try to remember what you were actually thinking while you were dreaming.

I was actually aware that Im dreaming, I even changed the whole dream, but I still dont think it was an LD. When awake and thinking about LDs I knew that first thing Ill do in LD will be flying…But I didnt even get idea of flying. I didnt get excited like “Oh Ive got an LD!!” or anything like that…which I think would happen if it was a real LD. But most important is the feeling: it just really felt like normal dream…maybe even more normal than most of my other dreams.

It can be difficult sometimes to tell the difference between an LD and dreaming about Lucid dreaming. For me my lucid dreams did feel different, but how different they feel seems to depend on the level of the lucidity. I have put a dream down as a Dreamed Lucid Dream before only to change my mind later.

As for not remembering what you wanted to do, I believe some people have had trouble remembering what they wanted to do in an LD. They seem to get distracted by the dream and what is happening; despite being lucid. Whether you feel this dream was lucid or not: I believe is a good indicator if you are dreaming about lucid dreaming. :smile:

Okay, to make it short, I didn’t exactly have the realization that I was dreaming, but I was able to control what I said and did. (Actually acting like myself rarely happens in my dreams. xD) I told someone, “Hey guess what? I’m lucid dreaming right now. Do you know you’re in my dream?” And that might have told me something, but I doubt it. I forgot about RC’s, but I rubbed my hands together to try to stay lucid, and it seemed like nothing changed. But later, when I walked out of a room, I accidentally took a piece of paper with me, so before I set it down I looked at it, and it appeared to be (quite readable) math problems, instead of just random symbols. The thing is, this all happened in a regular dream. I don’t think I was lucid before, but about halfway through the dream, I got the feeling that I was, and was able to control what I did.

Sorry if that made no sense at all. :tongue:

It’s possible to have some control without being lucid. The definition of a lucid dream is you KNOW YOU ARE DREAMING while still in the dream.

All right, thanks. :smile:

I maybe had an lucid dream, for one or two seconds.
I did a dream check and looked on a clock, and looked on it again, I don’t remember what the clock was when I wake up but I remembred in the dream it was different. But right after i had an False Awakening i think, and without realizing this was an dream it continued… After i woke up i’m not sure about anything I dreamed that night :razz:

But did you do the leap from that to become really aware that it was a dream? Since it is possible to notice a RC ‘works’ but not to fully realise what this means.

Right, I woke up this morning and I thought I had an LD but I’m not sure- the thing is that for some of the dream I was in 3rd person view, is this possible in an LD? I was walking along and I suddenly thought hang on, why am I in school? Its the half-term holiday, and then I thought I must be dreaming, but the reason I asked is because on one occassion before, I thought I had an LD and it turned out I had just dreampt about one. I did try some stuff out and some of it worked telekineses and stuff, but not all of it did so did I have an LD?

it is possible to have a LD in third person :yes:
and both myself and wyvern posted we thought it was a LD in your DJ :thumbs:
since being lucid doesn’t automatically mean you have full control powers.

I’m unsure of this but a few times I’ve just fallen asleep but I’m Kinda’ not and every time I crash say of my bike or I am swinging and fall of then I literally shake in my bed and wake up.

And every time it is in a place that looks exactly like it does in real life.

I’m not sure, but based off your description that sounds like a Myoclonic jerk. If it is, you would probably be in bed trying to go to sleep. You might see an image or what appears to be the start of a dream. In the dream you would do something that would cause you to fall or trip. You would then suddenly jerk, and find yourself awake in bed. Unfortunately this wouldn’t be counted as an LD. Although it is a good indicator for how HI feels, up until you jerk awake that is :smile:

Okay, thanks for telling me. So are you saying that that’s kinda’ like what it feels like
in a LD?

It’s a good indicator for how HI feels, HI is different from an LD though. So that wasn’t quite what I was saying :smile: HI is imagery you see when you are entering a dream, this is not the same as how an LD feels :wink:

I dreamt of lucid dreaming in my dream sleep.
I got everything the dream me wanted to dream but not exactly what I want to dream but it seemed like a lucid dream except I was dreaming that I was lucid dreaming.

So did I lucid dream? I think at some stage I knew I was lucid dreaming but was it just the dream me.
Is this a sign I’m going to lucid dream soon?

Ah, this is VERY common for people to this. Also, if you keep a DJ for a while, youll start dreaming about it.

Remember - you dream about what your mind thinks is important. So if you constantly think about Lucid Dreaming you will naturally dream about it. This does NOT mean it is an LD

But yes, the more you think about the techniques and dream about lucid dreaming, you will get one.

Just like an olympic athlete who thinks about his event constantly, he will naturally do better.

I always forget to do reality checks, and I try to write in my diary when I can clearly remember the dream. A lot of the times I got things to do so I sort of put it off. Haven’t written in my dream diary for awhile now

I tricked myself too last night…I remember at one point looking at my hands and saying “I’m dreaming, I’m dreaming :happy: I can do whatever I want”…But I didn’t actually believe that, I think I was trying to prove that I was doing my RCs in RL to whoever I was with… I’m mad for not grasping it. I can’t wait to have another LD…

I THINK i had 2-3 Lucid Dreams my first night’s attempt. I would like to get these validated and if so, sweet awesome website. Technically, this story is going to follow rule #1 but then proceed to LD levels if syntax doesn’t throw you off! I’d just like to know what happened. :smile:

I went the method of motivating myself before sleep (but not wanting it too bad right away) and trying to realize when I went into a dream. All 3 times, I went into multiple dreams (they’re tricky to realize! I was fooled so many times!) but when I realized it was a dream, I seemed to “re-awake” into another ‘dream’ from my room in my bed each time, then was able to explore for a bit before actually waking up or losing focus. By the 2nd time, I was able to easily telepathically open doors, fly a bit while carrying someone, etc.

The first time, I was waiting for me to dream (takes SO long when you’re waiting!) and my phone started going off. Then lights above my bed started going off and I was trying to shut them all down 'cuz I was preparing to LD. At one point, I was shutting off multiple lights when it hit me: I don’t have all these damn lights in my room lol. From that moment it seemed to spark a “2nd dimension” of awakenning and my brother came in the room in the beginning of all my cycles.

The 2nd time (same night), my LD machine was malfunctioning. I then realized, “dude wtf, I dont’ have an LD machine. I was only laying in bed by myself” and that seemed to spark the same thing (brother came in room, I tested ‘powers,’ they worked, and i dreamed).

Wish I could describe these better, or if you need other parts, let me know. Being my first night and experience, none of my LDs felt to pass with a full hour or anything, and there were definitely blurry parts. It wasn’t as ‘free roam’ as real life either (maybe this is a wrong assumption, but something clearer and longer could be very fun). I can’t remember the last dream I had where I flew so to have 2+ in the same night (in fact, I think i flew in my 3rd dream too), must’ve mean something. Also, me ‘awakenning’ in my bed at the begenning of each one might be a clue to validate what happened.

I will continue to try, though, and try not to get discouraged when something happens. LD sounds very cool and fun. I didn’t know your mind can do that.

EDIT: btw another intersitng note. In my 2nd dream, I met/was transported to some redheaded lady in a white dress that ‘told me’ to hang in there/keep my lucid fluidity. The first time what she said really worked. Kinda interesting my mind at least created this lady. At the very least, the idea of LD entered a normal dream…?

it’s hard to say since you had been focusing on lucid dreaming before sleep. They are at least pre-lucid dreams.
So when

this realisation happened in the dreams were you fully aware that it was a dream in your mind or was it an automatic realisation that it was a dream with no true awareness? if you were fully aware if even for seconds then you were lucid