Lunar eclipse tonight.

I think that it’s at 7:00 PM EST. I could be wrong. It might be 40 minutes later though.

I’m gonna be sat in my back garden to see this… Hopefully the clouds will clear up.

I’m a little puzzled by the times on the above posts – I just saw the eclipse here in New England, totality was at 10:26 PM (Wednesday night, it’s now Thursday morning, 12:30 AM). Here are the times around the world that would have corresponded to (from timeanddate.com) –

Boston Wed 10:26 PM
Los Angeles Wed 7:26 PM
Sydney Thu 2:26 PM *
London Thu 3:26 AM

• means the place/city is observing daylight saving time (DST) at time shown

ARG! I missed it! I got up to see it, but there was too much cloud cover to see anything! DAM N THIS BRITISH WEATHER!

Haha, I saw that lunar eclipse. The sky was perfectly and it really was a beautiful sight :smile: . I had never actually seen one before, and to see the moon all red-ish like that was pretty neat :content: .

*300th post! :hurray: :partying_face: *

Are you trying to make me jealous? :tongue:

I was still up … but everytime I checked outside, nothing was visible due to the clouds :sad:

Since I also live in Quebec, I saw it too. :happy:
The sky was perfectly clear. I just couldn’t find my camera so sorry, no pics, guys.

Hey. :woo:

I stayed up all night and watched it. :moon:

Sorry Kt4all and al. I was being a numpty. I’m on the east coast of England and Magnus had already posted GMT. :ack:

I had a great view out of my living room window. Didn’t get a Blood Moon here and I’m not sure if I couldn’t see it properly because of the clouds. I did get to see the initial cover and the exit though.

It was brilliant.
Thanks for the heads up Magnus. :good:

We had a very clear night, so I was lucky enough to see it :yes:

…unfortunately I don’t have a good camera, so I didn’t get to take any photos or anything like that.

I stayed up hoping to see it, but it was cloudy all night :sad:

Nice that some people got to see it atleast, I got up here to watch it but it was too cloudy to see any stars or red moon.
So I went to bed again.
But I had a dream about seeing the red moon, so my SC was nice to me :tongue:

Saw it last night, it was great. I took a lengthy break from studying psychology to watch it, so that was nice, having an excuse to get away from the books. What I’ll remember in 30 years is spending time with my family outside when it was cold, watching the red hue of the moon, than getting 5% better on my psychology midterm.

:moon: I saw it too, I just came back outside and people were looking at the sky and I remembered the lunar eclipse. (That was around 10) The sky was completely clear, a little layer of snow below my feet. Nature was being wonderful to us :wink:

My friend took pictures, but I don’t think they turned out that well. I do have a good camera but it has a black and white roll in there, so that might not be that good for capturing a red moon. I think a girl from my class wanted to take pictures of it though; I’ll ask her Monday to see if she did that. (It might be black and white too)

Yeah, the Florida weather sucked here too…IT WAS CLOUDY!! OMJ!?!

btw: your avatar is awesome!
HAMMER TIME! :nuu:

Here’s the whole thing in less than a minute:
lunar eclipse of 2/20/08

Thankyou.

And yeah… hate this weather getting in the way of stuff…

I missed the Solar eclipse when I was younger. I was having some football training (indoor), and they wouldn’t let us outside to see it.

Thankyou al :smile:

That was very cool, thanks for the link! :happy:

You’re welcome. I wish I had a camera that could track stars and the moon like that, by the way. But at least there’s YouTube.