The BIG Reality Check topic, part IV

Moved to the BIG RC topic

I was just wondering what everyone thinks is the best RC to use during school time. It was ok during half-term because I could look at my hands or hold my nose to RC but in school its all a bit public. Any ideas?

Looking at your hands discreetly only takes a few seconds. You won’t look weird.

I check my hands and do a nose RC. I have to choose the proper times to do the nose RC though… it looks like I’m picking my nose :shy: The nose RC is my favorite but if you wanna be discreet, just feel how many fingers you have under your desk :content:

Hmm, schools usually have many clocks around, could always double check the time. Can’t fail with the Nose check tho!

Or bite something in your mouth (Not the tongue, something else - your lips or the part batween your lips and cheeks) No one can see that!

An RC I like to do is trying to move objects, from a distant, with your mind. Nobody will notice it, you’ll only have to think about it.

I know this isn’t a true RC but I was thinking of just saying ‘Am I dreaming or awake?’ each time I walk through a doorway. The goal of doing this is is to try and make it so that I would say ‘Am I dreaming or awake?’ in my dreams. I just want to see if it actually works. I know it would be faster if I just do RCs but I just want to try it my way first.

In my dreams I’ve never noticed anything weird about my hands, so i depend on the nose/time/light switch. And today in class i was gonna do a reality check but felt kinda stupid looking doing the nose one :razz:

thanks this is useful

My favourite rc’s are the holding my nose and check if i can breathe and i wrote DREAM on the back of my hand in capital red letters (but small) and check it alot. in my dream last night i checked my hand and it looked exactly like the writing and color on my hand exept it was every second letter so it said DEM. i got freeked out thinking that wasnt what i wrote, so i made another rc and blocked my nose and i breathed so easily. i got all exited and in my dream i shouted im dreaming and flew all over the classroom, all dc’s looking at me like i was mental lol.

I have heard that it can work. I do it each time I walk through one doorway at my school since i often dreams that i am there :tongue:

seems like a good thing to do :yes:
my reality check is looking in a book or observing if the surroundings are slightly blurred and if the angles seems strange .

I’ve done like 70 RC’s today xD Do you think i’ll do one in my dream too?

If you continue doing them for another two weeks you might start doing them in your dream too :wink:

Although there is no guarantee as sometimes it can take a little while for the idea to penetrate your sub-consious, (Hopefully it won’t be long. :wink: ) It’s possible, especially since you must have been thinking about Lucid dreaming quite a lot today to do that many RCs. :smile:

Heh, I have’nt been thinking about anything else but lucid dreaming today xD

This works for me soo well. whenever you walk through a door, do a rc. it works because doors are always in most dreams so whenever you walk through a door in a dream you do a rc. i had a ld last night cus of it. i walked through my bedroom door and did an rc by checking what i wrote on my hand (dream). it didnt say anything like it it said ’ ld41’.

I have a question; when you do a RC, should you tell yourself something, like “I will do this in my dream” or do you just do 'em? Does it make any difference?

Also, can you just do RC’s at random? Or should you do a RC everytime you see something, say for example orange?

There are a couple of techniques you can use with reality checks that I can think of.
You can try to train yourself to do RCs when you see things IWL that show up often in your dreams. I have had an LD from this technique so it’s the one I’d recommend. :wink:
Another one I heard about was, you do as many reality checks as possible in the day. I think this probably works by making you think about Lucid dreaming a lot. :smile:
There is also a technique where you would imagine a dream you have had recently and imagine yourself doing an RC in it and getting lucid, hoping that next time you encounter that element in your dreams, you will RC. :happy:

From what I remember from EWLD:

1. Do a reality check
  2. Ask yourself “I’m not dreaming now but if I were to be dreaming what would it be like?”
  3. Imagine what it would be like if it would be a dream.

It goes on something along those lines.

Doing a RC every time you see something is what describes a dream sign. Every time you see that dream sign you will do a RC.