The Ninth Lucidity Challenge - Winner: Tundra

Sure. And maybe in that time, I could REALLY get to rome.

Thank you!!! grins

Meh, might as well join. Sign me up.

Is it too early to start posting dreams? or do i have to wait until the list is filled?

If not then heres my first entry, a highly lucid dream that lasted for about 5 mintues (woo, thirty points!) it can be seen here in my DJ

[community.ld4all.com/t/leckies-lucidity/26698/18)

Also? 100 posts.

I’ll join!

I had a Lucid Dream last night! Does that count?
Night of Feb. 29th…Morning of March 1st!

30 points!!!

sorry, yes it’s to early to post dreams, the tasks won’t begin until all 10 places is filled.
I can help you with that
sign me up :content:

This looks difficult, but I’ll try. Extra motivation would be nice - I’ve not LD’d in about two months now… And I’m adjusting to a polyphasic sleep schedule, so I think I should have a chance to dream more often now.

Sign me up, please. :content:

I’m sorry Shaolink, all 10 slots are filled. If someone backs out before I post the first task, I will add you in their place :smile:

Speaking of which, I will post the first task tomorrow at 2:00AM GMT
In this challenge, you will have 48 hours to complete each given task.

Oh, well… :neutral: There’ll be a tenth, right? :smile:

yes, there’ll be a tenth, and it’s only 7 tasks, a new challenge signup will begin afterwards.
You could always use this round as a practice round for yourself :wink:
Don’t forget to join round 10 :content:

/me glares at the people who wouldn’t get off the computer so he could post in time.
Anyway…
Task 1: Nature’s Nurture

As spring approaches, in the north at least we often find ourselves more often than in the previous few months. Spring is natures way of reviving itself, so the task ahead is to find nature and it’s nurturing effects.

The point breakdown:
Take a walk through the woods/forest - 10
Take a walk through a rain forest or jungle - 15
Find a soothing river, or grassy meadow (or other very relaxing scene) - 15
Communicate with the animals - 20
Communicate with the trees or other plants - 25
Change the color of the leaves to a more relaxing color - 30
Do any part of this with your SG/DG/GA/best friend (only if they help you relax) - 15
Sit/lay down and meditate - 15
Lay down and ‘fall asleep’ - 10

And also remember the 30 point bonus for lucidity, and 10 point bonus for completing the task on time.

The deadline will be 3:00AM GMT Thursday March 6 (10 PM EST Wednesday March 5)
Note: I am officially changing the deadline to this time for all tasks, it works better for me.

:eek: Woah. The deadline was a lot sooner than I thought. Better get going…

I was lucid this morning, I realized I was dreaming when people set fire to the car I was in. I went to sleep before the task was posted, and once I got out of the car I couldn’t walk properly, so I couldn’t do anything interesting before I woke up.

laughs Interpret this at your will! I am unsure how many points this would award…grins

LD

Yes! Finally, I got here! After an uneasy night of ld’s by the bucket full but with no proper control my mind has smack bam landed me in my little forest glade…grins I look behind me but the woods seem to be unsure what it is…it is very hot and humid and tropical birds behind me sing and fly, but in front of my a wild deer is grazing in the pasture…I lay back against the roots of a tree and a tiny little stream trickles near my feet…(ooh, this is when I can mediate, I say to myself) I can feel myself waking up as I close my eyes…I hold on as long as I can…then ‘wake up’…phew…that was a close call…the trees are whispering and I say; well, I’ve talked to trees before but never in my dream…they smile at me…but no english come out their mouth, probably I can only speak willow or something…smiles
A sudden rustle of leaves comes from behind me, and out of the long lush grass steps a beautiful woman, I don’t know who she is, and no recognition sparks…
“You need to come with me” She says…but I have become warey of people commanding me in my own dreams…too many Lucid nightmares have come from that…“No!” I shout…leave me alone…my anger makes the forest turn red (the leaves have changed colour but certainly not to a more relaxing colour!!) She turns them back just before they begin to whither and die… I whistle and the deer comes running…I clamber onto it’s back as the woman advances upon me. “Stay back!” i say, thrust out my hand and the grass bogs her down…She’s angry…she begins to shout at me but I cannot hear her as I am already galloping across the glade…I jump of the deers back and fly far, far away…

Tadaa!! I’m quite impressed for my first try!! laughs I’ll leave you to try and decifer it! :happy:

Alright, the scores are in. Congrats to those who completed the last task.

1. Tundra - 105
  2. Serith - 30
  3. dreamwarrior
  4. Wyrmfell
  5. LordLeckie
  6. Darkdude
  7. Kza
  8. Doson
  9. Morpheus_Wuz_here
  10. Magnus

Task 2: Man’s An Animal

Following the naturalist theme, the next task to to remember that humans are still animals. So let’s become one of them!

The point breakdown:
Attempt a transformation - 10
Transform half way into a real animal - 20
Transform fully into a real animal - 25
Transform half way into a fantasy animal - 15
Transform fully into a fantasy animal - 20
Use the Animal’s most well known attribute (bird’s - fly, jaguar - sprint, bat - night vision/echolocation) - 30
Speak with other animals - 15

Don’t forget those 30 and 10 point bonuses :smile:

The deadline will be 3:00AM GMT Saturday March 8 (10 PM EST)

thanks for the yummy points…I shall enjoy this challenge…grins and a bit more time too!! laughs

This task interests me, as shape shifting is something I’ve wanted to try for a while, but in the past I’ve always failed or succeeded in changing only my appearance. Yesterday I decided that when I next became lucid the animal I’d turn into would be a velociraptor, and last night I became lucid and tried the task.

In my dream, I was in a convenience store, and suddenly realized that I was dreaming. I soon remembered the task, and how I planned to do it. I walked outside, started talking to myself about velociraptors, sort of leaned into a posture similar to that of a velociraptor, and tried to become one through willpower. This didn’t work, and I woke up. I’m not sure how I thought that would work, this time I’ll plan out what I’m going to do better, and hopefully I’ll accomplish the task tonight.

I became lucid again last night, tried the task again, and failed again.

I was walking through my school, and in front of the cafeteria, I saw Dream of the Endless, from the Sandman series. Naturally, this made me suspicious, although strangely it wasn’t because the personification of dreaming was in my school, but because [spoiler]it was the first incarnation of Dream, who died at the end of the Sandman series.[/spoiler]

It turned out that it was really someone in a costume, which was still odd, because it’s still unusual for people to come to my school in costume (although it does happen occasionally, last year someone came to school dressed as Urahara Kisuke from Bleach, and earlier this year someone dressed as an alien came into my painting class and captured one of my classmates), oddly what made this strange was that they chose to be Dream, instead of someone more popular, like Superman. I walked back through the cafeteria, which gradually became a library, and realized I was dreaming.

I remembered the task, and started by reminding myself aloud that I was dreaming, and that my form was taken only out of habit, and could be changed, and sure enough, I did feel less solid. I focused on visualizing the form I wanted to take, but forgot that I had planned to shapeshift in a method similar to how I use telekinesis, and my form didn’t change, and I was soon awakened by my alarm clock.

The current scores:

1. Tundra - 105
  2. Serith - 90
  3. dreamwarrior
  4. Wyrmfell
  5. LordLeckie
  6. Darkdude
  7. Kza
  8. Doson
  9. Morpheus_Wuz_here
  10. Magnus

Task 3: Digging Deep

So we know what is above the earth and what inhabits it, but what aout below the surface. Or better yet what about below the surface of our dream ('s ground), for they do say it’s all symbolic.

The point breakdown:
Dig into the ground - 10
Walk through a cave - 10
Find an underground sanctuary - 15
Find an underground world - 20
Talk with the inhabitants - 30 (+5 if nonhuman)
Find some symbolism to your own life or mind (while still in the dream) - 40
Find your central core of power - 50
Change something for the better while you’re down there - 40

Note: In order to receive full points for the symbolism, it must be something fairly note-worthy. Ie: I would give partial points if you just say “I found a bowl that was dully colored and commented ‘Just like my Halloween costume’”

Don’t forget those 30 and 10 point bonuses :smile:

The deadline will be 3:00AM GMT Monday, March 10

Well, I’m a bit late but does it still count???

Well! I’ll post it anyway because it was such a good dream!! laughs

I immediately know I’m lucid. I’m in my bedroom and wonder how I’m going to work this…I need to get out of the house without my dad stopping me…I put on a top and trousers but forget to brush my hair and make a bolt for the door…
“Where do you think you’re going??” A sudden dadlike voice enquires…
“Erm, out, don’t have long, don’t wake me up!!!” I yell as I slam the front door.
I run down the drive, and leap into the air and fly down to the bottom of the hill/road and enter the church yard… bum, other people are there…they’re trying to do the same thing…
I get on all fours and try to change, it hurts. I can see my hands changing and a shiver runs up my spine…my thumb is twisting around my wrist and my nails are growing thick and claw like…I grunt with pain…it turns into a growl…I shake my new thick grey coat and stretch to get used to my new limbs…a wolf, damn it, I wanted to try something else!! laughs
I run into the foliage and it transforms into thick countryside…I’m running the fastest I’ve ever run, quite well considering I’ve never done it on all fours before…branches are cutting into my side but I don’t care because I can
taste the air…I break out of the forest…its on some sort of layby, a roadside cafe is busy…I can see the edge of the cliff that I’m going to jump off to transform again, I wanted to fly and become and eagle…I can even see the sea in the distance, I wanted to transform again and become a water dragon…
but I’m forgetting something…oh yeah, do something to do with a trait…hmm…I’m not sure whether ‘tasting the air’ will count…ooooh!!! I get excited…I’ll howl!! I sit and throw back my head to the sky and howl…I get shivers again…there is sudden hububb in the cafe…oooh dear, time to skeedaddle…suddenly I hear a reply…there is another wolf pack in the distance!! Instead of jumping off the cliff where they could have clear ‘shots’ at me…(really painful, don’t let them!) I veer off down the side of the cliff and into the thick brush…I howl back an answer and get a beautiful chorus in reply…I can pick out the alpha and beta howl, beautiful…they’ve got pups I can hear the yips…sighs I melt…I howl one last time, feel the wind on my face and…

I wake up… sighs