Dont hold your breath. (How long can you go?)

I just tried and thought I was about to pass out at 1:15

And AOTS_KP, lemme guess what that stands for: Attack of the Show, Kevin Perrara (sp)?

Hi. Bunch of chatspeak posts removed. Please keep on topic.

5 minutes? A normal person dies from lack of oxygen in 3! :bored:

BTW, CrazyStickFigure, if you didn’t catch the reply from AOTS_KP, you’re right about his name.

about 2 minutes , more if a really want to …
@Bruno …LD4all members genneraly seem to tend to develop a whole host of strange powers :happy:

I did 1:16 although I haven’t swam in a while so that could explain it. I can usually get at least 1:30 (yes I’ve done it before :tongue: )

Sakoda, in all honesty I don’t think all the powers claimed in this forum are legit, but as I lean towards assuming good faith, you’ll never see me accusing one specific claim (“that person is lying!”). Rather, you’ll see me accusing the quantity of extraordinary claims in a single place (“someone here must be lying!”). :smile:

/me was capable of a minute + 8 seconds, after various attempts.

I tried one time now, and i did 1:05

That person is lying!

lol jk, i did 2:15 last night, music helps a ton

BTW, if you try to hold your breath while your falling asleep its so much easier… dknow why, i guess your heart rate is lower.

Have you ever watched Survivor? On one episode they had a challenge to hold their breath underwater and whoever stayed under longest won. I believe some of them stayed well over 3 minutes. Anything for money, eh?

I can stay for a little over 2 minutes underwater and about the same time before I go to sleep. When I’m wide awake and out of water, I can only stay for about 1:30.

Around 90seconds.

I could probably go longer if I had to though.

Seriously wtf is up with the title of the topic?! it doesnt even make sense

00:02:14 is my current record. Working on holding it longer…

When i am relaxed i also get quite more … today i made about 1:50 (2 is when i am in better shape lol )

@Mecha Has something to do with you being a robot i think :lol:

I just did 1:16 :wink: This was the first time in like years that I timed myself holding my breath. Gonna try with music some time.

And guys, btw, remember that the brain risks taking damage after 3 minutes without oxygen.

Omg, right, I just remembered this thing I saw on tv a few months ago- It was a guy who, under water held his breath for 7 minutes! He said that he put himself in some kind of meditational state or something and just kind of shut himself off.

thats called apnoe diving i heard there are two people who can do this for one hour or so … (there is an IMAX movie about them i think)

After another 2 or 3 tries i got 1m35 which i’d predicted and having a specific time in my head made me more determined to reach it. I haven’t tried it lying down yet.

has anyone else seen that show Ripleys Believe it or Not!, i think i saw some old guy hold his breath for like an hour! i have to go research it right now to make sure but that would be crazy!

EDIT:after searching it for a bit on google, i couldnt find a reliable source because some are just things they say they heard, or i saw this on some old television show such and such, and sometimes they apparently breathe 100% pure oxygen for 20 minutes beforehand allowing them to not need oxygen for a little longer.

ok, so after practicing i did 2:50, and the only way to get that much i figured out, was playing a song on Itunes that lasts aproxximately what you want. So i played me some linkin park and played it. Then you just force yourself to hold it in till the songs done.

I was 10 seconds away because I think my mind pretty much said “BREATHE DAMNIT!!”
and i couldnt help it. Though ive been able to force it in quite a bit, you do start having the corners of your vision go black. Any further than that i think is a stupid idea.

When you let go of reality and meaning and preset boudaries, you can go much further than expected.

So yea ill try a few more times till i reach my original goal of 3:00 and call this a wrap.

Also, i want to know something for a little physiological test. Next time you guys try holding your breath, notice what is going thru your head when you take a breathe. Then remember that exact time on a stopwatch, and hold your breath again. When you get to that time, can you tell yourself not to quit and hold it longer?

I can hold it for 52 seconds, oh and i almost died.

I know Zain, he is lieing. :tongue:

I can go for about a minute.

If you hold your breath too long you will pass out.