Have any friends who are also interested in lucid dreams?

I have a very – how should I put this? – gifted circle of friends, and we talk about weird stuff all the time. Many of my friends know a little about lucid dreaming, but none seemed as interested as me.

Then, randomly, a couple of months ago, my best guy friend turned to me and asked, “Hey Katherine, have you ever heard of a thing called lucid dreaming?” I was like, “Whoa, you know about that?!” :cheesy: He grinned and replied, “Yeah, I’ve been trying to have lucid dreams lately. Lots of different techniques.” So I started explaining a bunch of stuff to him. Now we talk about our LD attempts sometimes. He’s really the only one (other than my brother, who doesn’t care that much) who I really talk to about it, and it’s pretty cool to have a friend I can talk to about that kind of thing. :content:

You’re quite fortunate to have a group of friends interested in Lucid Dreams. My friends are “gifted” as well, gifted in acting like blithering RPG-addicted dolts. But I digress…

It must be fun to have someone to share dreams with. Congratulations. :happy: Might I suggest that you attempt a Shared Dream? It could be quite fun.

I have a very small group of friends that I’ve told about it but my best friend is the only one who seems to care. She has even had a LD before.We hardly talk about it much but I can tell she’s look it up because she knows alot about it.Someone who is even more interested in LDing is my mom! She loves to hear about techs and my attempts at LDing and she’s even trying to get LDs.

I keep telling just about everyone I meet about them XD; I know I must sound weird to some but dreaming is amazing, and 2 have actually said they had them before randomly. And ones gonna try keep a DJ now ^^!

I have told some of my friends about Lucid Dreaming, but only one was interested. He have had some LD’s, but he has not much motivation.

I told a girl at my school about lucid dreaming and she is really interested in it. I told her about this website and hopefully she’ll register soon.

My friends are like interested in it theoreticly, but no one gives a crap about actually trying to learn it, I might get the question “How’s the dreaming going?” like once every other month or so.

I get that also, from people that don’t care much about it. It gets annoying fast.

I think I actually heard my friend talking about it with someone else. He was siting next to me and I wasn’t really paying attention until I heard the word lucid. This set off my curiosity but when I asked what they were talking about, I didn’t get a straight answer. Oh well…

:truit: You have friends here!

Me, i have one who’s getting there. He had one, because i told him about RC ’ s.

I had this long conversation with my girlfriend about it and she seemed very intrigued by the concept. I am currently teaching her how to do it.

I have one friends who tried for a while but he isn’t that disciplined and was busy with other things so he stopped trying after three or four weeks. Many of the other people I have told are either ambivalent or intrigued, but not enough to do anything. It always frustrates me because I just can’t fathom not wanting to have LD’s once you know about them, especially the practical aspects. Maybe they are just a little wierded out.

Most of my fellow students have just made one quick snappy comment of how it’s a weird but cool hobby (I guess they don’t really understand what a lucid dream really means). My close friends know that it’s something I’m learning. One of them is sort of working on remembering his dreams because he finds dreams interesting, but he’s not really that much into the whole lucid part, though he often asks with genuine interest if I’ve dreamed anything interesting.

Some of my other friends have asked me specifically what a lucid dream is, and I’ve explained. But they’re not interested enough to do anything with it. One of them practiced lucid dreaming along with me last year around this time, but we both quit after about a month. This time it seems like I’m the only one actually sticking with it, haha.

My family doesn’t have a clue what it’s really about and just think I’m weird :razz: (then again, they always thought I was weird)

I read about Lucid Dreaming ages back and tried for a little while but gave up. I started again after telling my best friend about it. He got really excited and so we decided to encourage each other. He is very impressionable and had a couple of lucid dreams within the first few weeks of trying. He hasn’t been trying very hard lately but he had four last night. The funny thing is he was in such a bad mood that night that every time he realised he was dreaming he couldn’t be bothered to have a good time, he just continued sulking.

His brother is even more impressionable and after we told him about LD’s he had two in the first night and has had a couple more since then. In the most recent he was the Incredible Hulk.

I have told some of my other friends as well. One or two are interested but are too busy or lazy to work hard at it. Others don’t seem to see the point, which I find frustrating and hard to understand.

I introduced two friends into lucid dreaming, and they quite dwarf me in lucidity skill right now. One of them isn’t really into dreaming anymore but the other one is really making a hobby out of developing lucidity skills. As for me… I do my best. Because of my neuroticity I am having problems maintaining lucidity so I have little room to develop my skills. It just takes time to widen that room, to get over the neuroticity; I’m trying to do so in real life for I am sure it will happen in dreams too then.
As for the friend, he is having the dreamtime of his live. I always enjoy hearing his stories about new dream powers he got and the fun things he did with them. :content:

My friends are somewhat interested. They are always telling me that when I get lucid to summon them so we can have fun together in the lucid dream.

hmm… one of my friends claimed to have an LD, but I keep asking if they were aware they were dreaming. They say they don’t know…

A while back I told my friend about lucid dreaming. He was really interested, but he didn’t really stick with the metods and gave up. He never registered.
Also, one day in study hall, I was on this site, and 3 of my friends asked what I was on, I explained to them what the site was about and what lucid dreaming was. they both registered, but they don’t use their accounts and they don’t care about it anymore. :grrr:
My other friend, I told her about it when I first came to Ld4all. She was really skeptical. Just a couple of months though, she registered and occasionaly lurks around here. :cool: She doesnt belive she can have and LD for herself…

None of my friends are interested in lucid dreaming but they dont give me weird looks when i talk about it so i’m guessing they dont think its weird or smt. :smile:

All the people i try to talk to about it, only close friends, dont really care nor find it interesting. Neither do any of my parents. Nugh. It is extremely perplexing – and not to mention annoying.

I would die for a friend that is just as in love with it as i am. I tell people i keep a dream journal, well, used to, but know i dont as they just ask me why and miss the point. So know whenever anyone talks about dreams i keep my mouth closed cause i just end up getting weird looks, lol.

I mean even today guys were talking about dreams and one described his, then the other boy was like ‘i watched myself sleeping. I could just see myself lying there asleep, how boring, of all the dreams to have.’ And the urge to say YOU WERE HAVING AN OOBE! Hit me hard - but i said nothing cause i would probably get laughed at – :lol: