Music in dreams

I’ve had some dreams where a band i like are playing music that sounds like another band and part of the tune is being made up by me.

Nearly everyday i wake up with some song in my head, either a favourite one or an annoying advert theme. I always notice background music or sounds that have a rhythm to them.

EDIT: Actually, From now on I’ll put the songs i wake up thinking of in my Dream Diary.

My dreams are usually empty of music. It’s sad because I love music. Sometimes it’s in there though. I remember once a strange sort of carnival music was playing. And recently I became lucid because I was flying and music came on, it reminded me of the music from the movie, hook.
It’s fun when RL music makes it’s way into the dream. Slightly altered, like Eek-a-mouse singing “you can’t keep a woman down.” And the original lyrics are “you can’t keep a good mouse down.”
Hypnogogic music, when avaliable can be especially exquisite.
Don’t know where I was going with this.

its the same like krakatoa for me. NO MUSIC FOR MEH :sad::(:frowning:

But i have heard beautiful music in real life that sounds very dreamy. There’s some guy in Sweden that lives in a pink house and he has the biggest and most advanced fricking synthesizer system i’ve ever seen! (i saw it on tv) The system is several metres high! And the music was the sweetest ive ever heard, but i barely remember it. Anyone here who knows who this guy IS?

i had a dream a couple of weeks ago… it had music playing im the background which i haerd the night before… i think its “your ding-a-ling” by chuch berry but i might have gotten that wrong. its a funny song full of innocent innuendo and my dream was funny cos there were all these people around singing it for ages.

There was also a refrence to “Evening Star” by dragonforce.

At the end of the dream i thought i was awake bu i was actually asleep - dreaming i was lsitening to “Morning Glory” by oasis lol

I know what you mean, sometimes while sleeping there will be music in my dreams, and it is so clear…its like the person singin the song is right inside my ear :smile:

Probably the reason the music sounds amazing is because it is coming from YOUR mind and YOUR thoughts, so they know what YOU want and would enjoy the most. :om:

For me, dream music tends to come after the dream itself! I’ll have a dream about Christmas with no music playing in the dream itself, and I’ll wake up with “Have a Holly Jolly Christmas” stuck in my head! It’s kind of weird. IRL I’ve got this strange habit of songs popping into my head that relate to whatever’s going on…like if something sad’s happening, a random sad song will play in my mind, or a happy one if something cheerful happened, etc. I’m guessing my sleeping subconcious does the same thing: even though the music itself isn’t actually playing in the dream, it’s still recognized by my SC as relating to the dream environment.

Does this ever happen to anyone else?

Yeah, that’s happened to me before. I’ve awakened several times with songs that seem to relate to emotions I’ve had while in the dream stuck in my head (it can be kind of annoying, especially if it was a sad dream).

As for music IN my dreams, I get a fairly even mix of made-up and actual songs. I’ve turned on the radio before to hear some heavy grunge rock that I didn’t recognize, but I’ve also heard entire songs from real life, as accurately as if I was listening to them IWL (like once when I turned on my mp3 player to hear “Seek and Destroy” by Metallica).

I’ve also had a weird mix of the two, where my mind uses a song it’s heard before and switches it to fit the mood… has that happened to anyone other than me?

Since my radio is playing all night long, I sometimes hear the song that’s playing there, in my dream. I remember hearing a song in dream, then waking up and it’s playing on the radio.

I’ve had made-up songs too. I once heard SO awesome song in my dream and after waking up, I tried to remember the melody sooo hard, but I couldn’t. :sad:

I’ve never really heard music playing like in the background of a dream, actually the only dream that I had with music that i can remember was on the bus, the person sitting next to me started making some noise with his mouth and then I started playing piano with my mouth(?)

I’ve had two dreams I can remember where I have heard music. One was a woman playing a song called “Glory” by Umphrey’s McGee. It was amazing, she played so well and right in front of me, her fingers were actually moving exact how the should on the fretboard (I play), or maybe I just thought they were because I was dreaming =P
The second one was a live band playing another familiar song, they all stopped playing halfway through because they couldn’t remember the lyrics. I think the real reason is I just didn’t know the rest of the lyrics haha.
But yeah, those are my dream encouters with music. Both sounded amazing

moved from general luc forum. There is also a Music in LDs topic you may like to browse. :moogle:

Not sure if this has been asked before but have any of you ‘guys’ listened to music in your dreams? I can recall one dream where music was on the radio, i wasn’t lucid tho. It was pretty good. Some kid in the office turned on the radio and Pernice Brothers came on.

Sometimes I’ve heard a piece of music in a dream which is like a mixture of songs i’ve heard in RL and the rest, my mind has made up. The weird thing is, the music seems amazing to me during the dream but when i wake up and think about it - the tune really isn’t that special at all and i can’t understand why my dreamself was enjoying it so much. :shrug:

The other time I heard music I don’t think I was dreaming but was very zoned out. When i try to fall asleep i see things/people or hear ‘voices’. One time it turned out to be a song by Do Make Say Think but was not quite the same. It did make me feel depressed tho, took about 5 minutes after i woke up to for it to go away.

i had lots of dreams with music in them. there was one reallyyy lovely song i dreamt of and it was made from my mind. my friend was playing the guitar and it was the loveliest song ever. but when i woke up i remembered it but later i forgot it. :cry:

Hmm, seems theres a divide. Most people hear music quite a bit or not at all from what I see… Would be an interesting expiriment to test if the stuff found in dreams was related to thought/learning processes (which are generally divided into auditory, visual, and textile). At any rate, you’ve caught my interest… no i’m just waiting to here someone play me a song in a dream. XD

Next time I LD im going to have to turn on the radio and give it a try :happy:.

i’ve heard Aerosmith and Guns N’ Roses in dreams… normal ones…

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but i’ve had a LD two days ago and can’t do anything but thinking about it several times a day… So I feel I have to tell it to someone who knows what i’m talking about (no one in people I know…). It was the kind of LD that happens once or twice a year : very deep and long. All I can remember now is that at some point, there was a child in front of me, and (was he singing ?) I heard (what I felt was) the most awesome music I heard in my life. Perfect. Knowing it was my own mind that was creating that perfection (i’m not musician at all :smile: ), I felt SOOOOO happy it made me cry in my dream… I had a beautiful day the day before and maybe it’s related… I wish it could come back. Pure happiness.

I know what you are talking about, I had the same experience and it’s very rare for me too. Here’s the topic where I discussed that with Lidybug!