What position should i be in for WILD?

When I do WILD, should I lie in the position that I usually fall asleep in (on my side) or on my back (where I NEVER) sleep in? Would it be more helpful to be on my back so my mind doesn’t fall asleep? Or will that prevent me from falling asleep and entering SP at all?

I think on your back you might be a bit more uncomfortable so it might be a bit harder to let your mind fall asleep. And I’ve heard SP is more common when lying on your back, not sure if it’s true, although most of my SP’s, if not all, were on my back, I think…

for me though, in terms of WILD I’ve had more success on my side or whatever other position I’m comfortable in. The times I’ve seen HI I wasn’t on my back.

I guess it can depend on the dreamer, maybe you’ll just have to try and see what results you get with each position… good luck. :wink:

I’ve almost done WILD and each time it’s on my back, though sometimes I randomly wake up half way through SP and I’m laying on my side.

I would suggest the position you fell comfortable in … to be more precise , a position that you like while it keeps you in a non-strained state with a little sensual input as possible(after all , you should have as little distraction from your senses as possible so you can concentrate on the dream which you want to enter)

Hope i could be of assistance :smile:

I would recommend sleeping on your back if that’s uncomfortable. I haven’t WILDed but when I attempt I lie on my back whereas I normally sleep on my stomach. If you lie perfectly still you’ll relax and you should be able to fall asleep. Being in a different position than usual puts your brain on notice so you should be able to stay more aware and go into SP. The few times I tried it I either fell asleep or just eventually gave up but I could get HI. Then everyone said I shouldn’t WILD as a beginner it’s way too hard so I am trying MILD. It requires complete suspension of disbelief. You must free your mind. But just remember… no one makes it the first time but that doesn’t mean you aren’t The One. Keep trying. Hope this was helpful.

thanks guys this is really helpful, i guess i’ll just try to WILD on my back tonight and see what happens, plus i’ve never ever gotten very far with WILD. The only time i’ve successfully WILDed was actually in a non-lucid dream… weird experience I must say. So anyway I will try on my back, cross my fingers, and report back! thanks

Every time I slept on my back I had SP or seen the old hag in some form or another. But I also had the closet thing to a WILD, I don’t remember actually drifting off, but I did while I was on my back and realized I falling, or already in sleep. Unforuntaly, I could not keep my lucidity and soon woke up.

karma sutra?
jkjk
i like being on my back although i get SP that way… any correlation?

WILD is for me easier when im laying on my back even tough i always sleep on my side. :smile:

Whenever I perform WILD I do it in whatever position I want to be in, when I had 3 WILDs in a row for a nap I was on my side (Some weird position I was in but it’s uber comfy) I’ve WILDed once on my back.

Frankly whatever position is the most comfortable, if you are uncomfortable you will notice it and it will keep you awake. The point is to lose sensory input, not cause it.