Character Assisted Lucid Dreaming - CALD Part IV

Awesome!
Will be looking forward to updates? maybe? :3
Hope we’ll all make some progress in CALD ^^~ I can count on my hands and feet how many people I know of that are using this tech, or have reported interest in it, so all information has been so helpful! haha.

Mecha: notices new posts and does RC Can’t believe I missed a whole page of posts. Long time no see KT, Tribe.

Morph: Long time as in never. :tongue:

Mecha: -_- You know what I meant.

hmmm… this looks interesting.
one problem, all of my DC’s have always been people that i see on a daily basis (teachers, friends, parents, ect), so where do i start?

Haha, doesn’t seem to be a problem.
Mostly, the basis of CALD is to have a character during your waking life, and be able to interact with it effectively. It really shouildn’t matter who the characters are, but if it confuses you to have a character, and person be too similar, then perhaps you can make a character based off of a close-somebody?
There’s a lot of way you can go about this, but as long as you can interact fluidly, it should be fine :3

~Haha, Mecha, tis’ alright, just catching up with Tribemaker, that’s all ^^~

heh and tribemaker now has to catch up with all of you (this could take a while :tongue: )

Mentecat, DCs are generally totally seperate from the whole CALD concept, as far as I know. Your DCs are the stuff of dreams. Your “characters” exist in both “worlds”. I talk to Arya as much in WL as I do in the dream world. She is not a DC, well, at least she never existed in the dream world before I created her. Now I guess she is a DC and a character in WL lol. I know, it’s confusing. I know that this very CALD topic has some good info in the earlier parts (like parts 1,2, and 3 especially).

So, my suggestion is not to worry about the characters in your dreams. They are irrevelent. Create your character. That is the key. Make him/her/it whatever you want to. Your imagination’s the limit. Correct me if I’m wrong, Talon, but that’s a huge key to the whole CALD process. Heck, I’d call CALD a way of life.

Haha, very true, Tribe’s not wrong about all that.
Hoever, we have had people (particularly AngstyBoy) find dream characters and turn them to consciously-existing characters, he went through a different process :3.
But Tribe IS right, generally, the characters are seperate from DCs, in that they are created in a conscious state.
I think though, that the origin defines what sort of character it is.

I.e.: A figure solely existing in dreams could be called a DC.
While a character created created consciously is still a character, though has appeared in a dream.

I’ve noticed, though, that people tend to call characters made during the process of CALD “dream characters” as they might be used for dreams, or they think they’re made in dreams :C Not quite…

Ah well, off topic. :stuck_out_tongue: In the end, the equation is

Character you are aware of consciously+interaction+intergration of other dream initiation techs(thinking about it before bed, having reminders during day for reality checks) = CALD (Or at least, the bit after the initial -creation- of the characters. :3)

Yah :D~~

Will this lead to a LD?
Because I didn’t have one, and I want a good technique :smile:

And is it better than VILD?
Actually wich is the best working method from all? :happy:

I already have my character,
he’s a small sweet character that looks like an animal,
he hates it when people threat him like a doll :smile:
It already kinda lives in my mind, without even dreaming :razz:

Haha, well, first of all-- Characters of CALD should exist without dreams anyways, most don’t actually directly relate to dreams. He sounds cute though! We’d all love to hear about him :3.

As for the most effective tech, it depends on the person, really :P.
CALD works for lucidity in some people, though sometimes not all-- It’s a fun tech to try, at least!

I suppose, though, to basically answer the question-- It depends on you whether or not you’ll go lucid using CALD :P.

Hello all, wolven_deer here, it’s been a while since I’ve been on this topic so I thought I’d drop in and give a status report. I’ve yet to be able to get a LD out of this method, but as was said before, LDing is just a plus here.

Ok, the first mindscape that I made is a dead forest, and if you journey to the edge of it you'll find that it is an island in the ocean.  Soon after, I turned my most vivid DC into a character.  I call him Kiba, simply because he looks like kiba off of Naruto.  He died in my dream, so I found him in a hospital room.  After a short stay in the forest, he got bored, so I decided to make him a better place.  This place is a meadow surrounded by trees, in which I've built a dojo, library, park, etc.  As for a house, I built a house around a giant tree in the center.  While I was constructing this, a second character appeared, he looks like gaara, and told me that he'd be there to help me so long as I would learn from him.  He had an air of power and talked with a calm slow voice.  When he was finished, he exploded into sand and was gone.  I've later seen him and he has been like a teacher to me.  We've once had a falling out with each other, but have since reconciled.  While I was building a 'scape with a waterfall, I met a sky blue two tailed fox, whom I've nick-named foxy.  She and I hang out a lot and she has become my closest friend as far as characters go.  Once I failed the 'scape, I brought her to the forest and created a log cabin for a house.  Later, I created a character (the first one I actually made).  She is a white wolf anthro, who has a black clothe band covering her eyes.  She wears jeans and a black shirt with two closed eyes and a open third eye _O_ .  Basically, we hung out, etc, until one day I came across a living forest when I was trying to go to my dead forest.  Inside of it, I met a girl identical to crystal (my wolf girl mentioned earlier) except she wears the band over her forehead, so you can see her hazel colored eyes, named spring.  She said she was a friend of mine from a long time back.  Skimming over the rest, I've met a girl who looks like shizune, a green haired girl who wears green clothing, and finally (another DC) a second character that looks like gaara, but this one has a more friendly attitude (though he's always the first one with a witty comment).

That’s all for me, but I do have a couple of questions. 1) Do all/most characters automatically have a full personality like mine do? 2) Talon, when I left, you were having a falling out with one of your first characters. Did you two ever reconcile or did you go your seperate ways?

Wow! Great progress report, :stuck_out_tongue: Lovely to find such progress with your end ^^~ Seems many an interesting thing has happened with you!

To answer your questions… Most, I find, don’t end up with full-blown vivid personalities, but mostly come with a good idea of it, but my friends have had characters poof up with image, personality and all right away… Not that they stay that way :P.
And as with me? I think you mean mine and Talon’s (character of same name as my screenname, for those who don’t know :P) arguments. We came to a good conclusion, Talon just decidedshe’s bored of roleplay, and has little to do with the casual everyday sort between me and my friend when it comes to actively participating. :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t think I’m in any active conflict with any of my characters. :3

It’s nice you have such a freedom when it comes to those you interact with! It’s lovely to see.

That’s good to hear :smile:

As for the freedom with those I interact with part, though I’m not exactly sure what you mean, I treat everyone I meet ‘over there’ as if they were a real person, and the rest just follows.

I’m not exactly sure where the chars that ‘just appear’ come from, and I’m interested in that. They all just appear without any conscious effort from me, and they each have their own detailed history. Any ideas?

Haha, by free in who you interact with, I guess I was trying to get at that it’s nice that so many chars just… pop up, and there’s no problem in talking with them.

As for the spontaneous appearances, I’m not sure! It happens occasionally with me, but those characters never stick-- But moreso with areas and landscapes :S
I wonder…? But. I don’t think it’s related to this thread XD It’d definately pose an intersting question in and around the forum, though!

me have no imagination!!! :tongue:

Haha, well, that might be your opinion, but maybe your mind just works differently!

What moves you?

Music? Art? Computers? The people around you…? Dreams?
Ect :P.
Find the feelings or sensations they evoke and try to see the humanity ( or object-life, animality, etc, whatever suits your fancy) in it! :stuck_out_tongue:
Then, you have a character ^^~
Maybe even a figure you could imagine evoking those sensations?

Well, in any event, there are lots of ways of making characters-- if that’s what your statement refers to ^^~ Otherwise, just talk to stimulating people! Gets the mind going!
Mental stimulation = more spontaneous thought = creativity, imagination? XP~

Any chance I can get into this too? I’ve been meaning to get into CALD for quite a while. feels like a little n00b :mrgreen:

I have two prominent characters right now, both of whom have appeared in my dreams.

Shehlow: A female demi-dragon. Forest green. I’ve known her for atleast four years. Sarcastic and curses a lot, but full of love. Tends to read over my shoulder and make random comments about our spiraling society.

“Theo”: A male Burmese python (dark morph). I’m still trying to settle on a good name, but Theo serves as a good nickname for now. A fairly new character, only about 8 days old, but has already appeared in a lucid dream. Easy-going nature. Very patient.

I hope it’s not a big deal that my characters aren’t… human. I’ve tried human characters and it just doesn’t work out. I had a long-time character,a girl named Rodevian, but the problem was that I wanted her to be exactly like me. I’ve tried letting human characters just “come to me” but I guess I’ve read too much fantasy, because they always turn out to be shape-shifters, and then completely animals after a while. :tongue:

Hey there hunaynay!
Haha, welcome to CALD, if you you want to join :3

It’s not a problem at all if your characters aren’t human! In the original tutorial, it was (briefly) discused that ANYTHING can be concidered a characters as long as a personality applies :stuck_out_tongue: (Even objects)

Your characters sound well off in personality XD It’d be cool for introduction and progress reports if you chose to gave them! :smiley:

At the very least, none of my main characters are “humans” XD
Feel welcome, and if you need help, post up! :smiley:

~Happy Days
Tal :3

Sai: None of us are humans either.

Morph: joking tone So that’s why we haven’t been able to give Mecha any LDs yet. :tongue:

Hahaha XD

Talon: Completely Agree, totally. laughs

D: Lacking in amount of hours to sleep as of late, so I haven’t practiced the lucidity-bit of CALD in awhile. Hoping a break will come along soon when a calm period will let me jump back into lucids ^^~
Always moving along with character development though! Get your friends with characters together, expose your characters to all that they can! XD
It might not all be pleasent, but new experiences always help growth one way or another D:
^^~

Hi all, I’m back in business, see the Character Chat topic for my return to this interesting subject. ;D

Haha, :3 wonderful to have you back :3