You Are How You Sleep

I found an article that says that the position of how you sleep can reveal your personality. There are six major sleep positions.

Here is a link.

To go to the next page, move your mouse near where it reads ‘menu’, two arrows should come up
If you want to go to the next page, click the right arrow. If you want to go back, press the left arrow. Although, you probably know that :tongue:

thats interesting! never knew that the way you sleep can tell your personality.

Thanks for that article MWH. I wonder if I sleep in a different position I can change my personality :razz:

That was very interesting and actually pretty accurate. :eek:

It sounds accurate, but I think one’s favorite sleeping position would be based on comfort and body shape rather than personality. :neutral:

I sleep like the soldier, and my personality is quite like that one, but I sleep well and not bad like the website said. I also sleep on my side sometimes, but the soldier fits me more.

Interesting site, thanks for linking

It was pretty accurate for me.
I think your personality decides what your sleep position is. If you’re more comfortable sleeping one way, the more comfortalbe/uncomfortable you are doing something IRL.
So, if you change your sleeping position, you’re personality won’t change (and if it does, it will be only slightly)

About the personality changing issue, my opinion is that it would only be a placebo effect if you believe your personality will change depending on how you sleep.

Haha, they don’t have my specific sleep position, I sleep similar to the freefall, but I have one arm at my side, the other one above my head. :eh: (When I sleep like that, I seem to be a heavier sleeper, so I try to sleep on my back in the mornings instead, when I’m trying to WILD or have lucid dreams in general :tongue: ). I don’t think the freefall sleeper personality matches me anyway, I can be “brash” like they say, but I would definitely not describe myself as “gregarious”. They did get the nervy thing down though - that I am! :tongue:

Besides, reading the other sleeping style descriptions, I think most of those can fit a person, depending on the situation or mood the person is in.

Hate to be a buzzkill but mine was totally wrong, im not gregarious at all, more like reserved and a tad shy.

No way can I believe 41% sleep in the fetal position. I sleep in the rarest position “The Freefall” although I don’t have both arms in front of me, I always sleep with my head facing to the right and have my right arm up and left arm down. HA! My sleep position is good for digestion! :happy: I suppose the description is somewhat accurate, moreso than my horoscope in any case.

We change sleeping positions many times during the night. I usually go through a number of them on any given night before I fall asleep. But I can only sleep on my back towards the morning. I have serious doubts about this whole thing.

I change between most of them…hmmm, maybe thats why people don’t really know me, perhaps I don’t even know myself…

I don’t change positions.I can sleep on my back but don’t ever except when I attempt WILD or am sleeping on a couch and cant sleep on my side at all otherwise I sleep on my stomach, I might “toss and turn” before falling asleep but I don’t change positions after falling asleep. Anyways I hate the commercials like for the Sleep Number bed where they say you toss and turn because you’re on a traditional spring mattress which creates pressure points, blah blah blah. It doesn’t matter how comfortable you’re mattress is you’re going to change positions, it’s natural. My regular mattress feels just fine, I don’t feel “pressure points”. Stupid Lindsay Wagner, you think you can convince me to buy you’re mattress just because you played the Bionic Woman 40 years ago!?

everything we do is a reflection of our personality

the guy above us is a comedian for instance :cool:

people that sleep in one position are somewhat more disciplined than those who like to switch frequently, agreeing with down the rabbit hole’s sayings about misleading ads and how everyone moves

for instance if you are very rigidly determined to be aware in your dreams, you will probably lie on your back or some position that helps you be very mindful.

if you want to sleep all day you’ll probably hide under the covers etc etc

I used to sleep on my back.

Now I sleep in the fetal position. :happy:

I guess something changed.

im sleep in soldier position and the test is weirdly accurate

I’m a “yearner”. I didn’t know there were other people who slept like that; I actually kinda thought it was a weird sleeping position that I just happened to find comfortable!

The description for it really does describe me, though. Even though I’m open to making new friends, it’s hard for me to really trust people. And I definitely match the whole decision thing – I’ll spend hours making a decision, and once I’ve made it I’m just like, “Okay, I’m done tossing it around in my head! I’m sticking with this one!”