2012 the end.

Also it was preicted by Nostradamus in his lost book. I don’t beleive but it is very strange the way they all converge on the same year. Nostradamus, Bible Code, Mayans, and Egyptians. I never heard about the Egyptian prediction so add another one to the list. It’s starting to add up. All done unaware of the others, too. The Mayans didn’t know the Egyptians predicted or vice versa, same with Nostradamus. Amazing!

PS I still don’t believe. Oh, please be wrong please be wrong please be wrong! Nostradamus was a quack anyways, but he still predicted 2012 too.

Holy Crap!!! Sorry, I just realized something!
Earlier I was watching “The Universe: The Sun” on the History Channel. In one part they talk about flares. These are explosions above the surface of the Sun. They are as powerful as a million atomic fission bombs! When a flare goes off, it sends a wave of plasma into space. These “solar storms” can reach Earth in anything between 18 hours and a couple of days. They can do tremendous damage to satellites, power station transformers and basically any piece of hardware technology. But they have to hit us head-on to do real damage as the Earth’s magnetic field protects us, to a degree. Back in the 1800’s a so-called “perfect” head-on solar storm hit the Earth, knocking out all the telegraphs. But if something like this were to happen today, the results would be unimaginable. Blackouts all over the world, communications severed and plain chaos.

But what does this have to do with 2012? Read on.

The Sun has an 11 year cycle. On one side of the cycle, it is less active and violent, known as Solar Min. On the other side, it is very violent, know as Solar Max. Apparently, the last Solar Min was in 2001, making the next Solar Max 2012!!!
This means a perfect solar storm could hit Earth! Imagine the chaos and terror!
And for “23,” maybe it will take 23 hours for the storm to get here? This isn’t the end of the world… but a serious blow to humanity.

I just scared the crap out of myself… Thanks for taking the time to read my very long post.

cooincidences at their best. I think as a society ourself, we will make something big happen in 2012. but seriously there are a bunch of predictions that are way off. they only tell you the ones that work.

like nostradamus’s prediction of 3023. go figure

What is Nostradamus’s prediction of 3023?

I believe it was his prediction for the Apocalypse. I personally think Nostradamus is WAAYYY too vague to mean anything. But I do think there’s something to the Bible Code, which states that there will be a comet/meteor strike on Earth, but that disaster is uncertain and we still have control over our fate. If anyone subscribes to multiple-future theories, or even just free will, the Bible Code works best. Not to mention,the Mayans were great astronomers, so the comet/meteor prediction seems reasonable.

Speaking of solar flares and magnetic fields, the earth’s field switches occasionally. Just before such a switch occurs, the field’s strength rapidly decreases. And, yep, we’re experiencing a decrease.

From (our most beloved, unrelyable source) Wikipedia:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomagnetic_reversal

I guess when the Magnetic field is weakest, that would be the perfect time for a perfect solar storm to hit us :sigh:

That’s pretty crazy about the solar storms, which could signify the beginning of the end. I saw a show on Discover channel recently devoted to just this subject. The Mayans didn’t believe their God told them about 2012. The Mayans were obsessed with timekeeping and thought when the sun, and earth aligned with the dark rift (center of the Milky Way, the Mayans called the dark rift a “the black hole” in their language and as it turns out their is a black hole in the center of the Milky Way, long before the concept of a black hole was conjured, proved possible or discovered, trippy). This occurence of the aligning occurs less frequently than the ice ages and they thought it would make a polar shift happen (once again something they thought possible long before it was proved that it was possible let alone that it has happened before… a polar shift changes the location of the north ans outh poles as the earth’s mantle shifts over a period of maybe a year. Alaska used to be near the equator). Anyways, if this happened it would seem like the end of the world, worldwide earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, and volcanic eruptions and floods. Still don’t believe.

Too long so I decided to break into two posts. Also it was alledgedly predicted by the Chinese, not just the year but the identical date. Let me explain, some guy took the “I Ching” (or “Book of Changes”) which is an ancient Chinese text still used today to predict yourpersonal future. You take these three special coins, that are large and have a hole in the center like a washer and a distinctive head and tail side. You toss them 6 times recording how they landed. Majority tails you record a broken line like __ __ . Majority heads you draw a solid line like ____ so there are 64 possible combinations and each one has a different thing which is supposed to tell you something relevant about your future. If you multiply 64x64 and lie them all out on a grid in the order they appear in the book you make sorta like a timeline that has spikes in it showing important world events like WWI, WWII, the fall of Rome etc. etc. Kinda hard to explain, I don’t even really get it but anyways it ends on one specific date… December 21, 2012. Also, the reasearcher who discovered this didn’t even realize until afterwards that the Mayans chose the same date. Sounds like confirmation bias though.

WRONG.

Most people get that wrong. It’s like this.

They predicted the start of a new world. We’re in the…fourth. You could call long ago one world, dinos another, human civilization as another, human orginization (towns) as another, and we could be heading into the 5th… technology.

Just a guess.

I’m suddenly finding this very interesting, I’m not going to dwell on it as I don’t want to waste my life, but I am intrigued and am going to research it a bit further…

Anyway, why couldn’t it be Yellowstone volcanoe erruption, that will certainly change the world…we are several hundred years overdue…They calculated it on a cycle of every…ermm…hang on…

wiki’s it

Every 640,000 years…

Meh. I’m not really that impressed by the 12/21/2012 theories. All it means is that a new period on the Mesoamerican calendar will open up. It’s about as significant to me as the beginning of the 21st Century (which is, to say, not much).

Of course, every single disaster that year will undoubtedly be accompanied by a plague of 2012 theorists, so… :razz:

So very, very true, so many people have misinterpreted this to mean the end of everything when in fact it is simply supposed to be the end of an era. There have already been 3 (or is it 4) of these events in the mayan calendar, and we’re all still here aren’t we?

And are we better off for it?
Well, that depends on your perspective on the world and progression…as such…

2012 gives some people hope

if it is intellectual scholarism

or fear based dogma

forget about it, mod edit :moogle:

You mean like the asteroid for 2020-2030?(you can see it across the sky when it comes back. Mark it either as once-in-a-lifetime opportunity or deadly omen your sick to look at:your choice) I’m more worried about that than 2012…

Some creatures can adapt to that sun (Amoebas?) it’s after the The Big Rip when it’s ALL over.(and perhaps it will start itself all over again XD as if there was no way to end everything)

…wow, I feel better about The Big Rip turning into the second big bang…perhaps there is no way to end ALL life forever? That’s nice to believe.

This is wrong, I can see the future and know the doomsday is at this Autumn or the Autumn 2009, its not 2012 (please check my DJ, whole Sweden gets blown, ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t … r=asc&&sta rt=15).

…THIS Autumn? or 2009???

Sorry, unless the big rip starts early than I think that’s not going to happen.

Still, anything can be a coincidence.

The Big Rip? Now that, I don’t believe. It just sounds too weird to even happen.

So do the theories of negative, dark, and normal matter >.<

NORMAL matter is weird when you think about it. Where did it come from? Where did the thing it came from come from? What came from that? Why can we feel it? Why is it solid? Why is solid a possibility? How is conscience a possibility? IS consious a possibility?

But I guess the end of everything would be pretty weird…although it could actually have happened before. But whats before that? Before? Before?Before?Before?Before?Before?Before?Before?Before?Before?Before?Befor e? Before?Before?Before?Before?Before?Before?Before?Before?Before?Before?Befor e? Before?Before?Before?Before?Before?

If you kept answering forever, it would never end. Yet it must.

I’m not gonna go into detail about this topic (arguing about something like this is pointless), but just for the record - I do think something is going to happen.
At least I hope so. Something that will wipe us from the surface of the planet? Sure, great, fantastic. I’m sick of this brutal world, all these aggressive people, this misery…