Current Wings Quest 128
The Signal

VILD - Part II

Author  Message 
Pedro
Embrace This Moment
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Fri 04 Apr, 2008  Reply with quote

I'm still going strong. Not counting but probably just short of 100 a month. It just kind of happens now. Still VILD but not as much effort required.

T3RM1N4TOR
Dark SiDer
Somniologist
LD count: 6 :D

I just read Pedro's VILD post and I'm gonna try it tonight ^^
Almost 100 LD's a month? I'd be overjoyed if I had 15 a month woo

Underminded
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 1

I just took the time to read pedros VILD technique and just like you said pedro right away i made my dream! wink im excited to start making this method my daily rutine! woo

T3RM1N4TOR
Dark SiDer
Somniologist
LD count: 6 :D

PostPosted: Sat 05 Apr, 2008  Reply with quote

Pedro, how many times would you say you repeat your scenario before entering it?

Rappybas
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sat 05 Apr, 2008  Reply with quote

I have my dream,
but can someone say how much times to 'repeat' it in your mind to have it work?

And when? Like in some situations it's working better...tounge2

Underminded
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 1

PostPosted: Mon 07 Apr, 2008  Reply with quote

this technique sounds really good because of the dream incubation that pedro created. its very smart and creative. and i have been trying it but ive had a few technical difficulties inside my body at the time. (explicit stuff)

Grix
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: Few

Quick VILD question
PostPosted: Sat 13 Jun, 2009  Reply with quote

When VILDing I'm supposed to imagine myself doing an RC over and over again right? But am I supposed to imagine the RC failing or succeeding?

LDLax
^ he's hawt!
Somniologist
LDLax has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 9

PostPosted: Sat 13 Jun, 2009  Reply with quote

A failed RC would mean you were dreaming. If the RC passes, it means you are in RL.

mattias
Globahead
Globahead
mattias has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Sun 06 Sep, 2009  Reply with quote

I had a very cool ND the other night. I woke up before the end of the story and started imagining how the dream would have continued. After a while my daydream turned into another dream, the continuation of the first one. So I was just wondering, if I had put a RC or more in my daydream and ended up doing one when it had transformed into a dream... would that have been a VILD? I've never done a VILD before, so I'm not sure....

Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Rhewin has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 349
Location: In the not too distant future... somewhere in time and space

PostPosted: Wed 15 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

I'm giving this topic a bit of a bump. It's a really good technique and IMO a tad easier than WILD with similar results. Any new dreamers should really try it out!

Current LD goal(s): Defeat Xander in our lucid duel!
RODDERS790
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 2

Re: Quick VILD question
PostPosted: Thu 16 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

Grix wrote:
When VILDing I'm supposed to imagine myself doing an RC over and over again right? But am I supposed to imagine the RC failing or succeeding?

i read a post regarding a friend of a friend of pedro`s who apparently had a really detailed book written by Pedro about his VILD tech.
i cant find the post again but it said something along the lines of, not actually performing the RC,

as soon as he would be ready to do a RC he would look around the room and think about his surroundings, but leave the RC part out, so when he entered the dream and did an RC it was in a way a real RC instead of the imagined RC he would have looped over and over again before actually falling asleep, apparently this was according to Pedro (no quote) the biggest reason why some people could not do it.

i think it has something to do with it not being a part of the incubated dream, and more like an original thought, so you could notice it more.

Current LD goal(s): to stay in a LD
Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Chat Mods
Scribes

Hmm... see if you can't track that down. If so it's a very important step to VILD that needs to be mentioned.

RODDERS790
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 2

here is the post mentioned above

light-and-dark wrote:
I use VILD now because I have had a few LDs from it but not lots. I found out that I had been doing it wrong for a long time. My friend (who knew Pedro really well) has a book that Pedro had wrote. He still has it and it's amazing. It had all his thoughts on the mind works and it had his full description of the VILD technique and I found out I was thinking about it wrong. His description of VILD was about 10 times longer than the massive post he wrote here! I think it was something like 20 pages long in the 100 page book. It wasn't finished and my friend was only given it to read over and he was to give it back but he still had it when Pedro vanished.

Basically I had been thinking something that others had done too. If you keep seeing the scene over and over and eventually start dreaming then how will you know that this tiem it's a dream... Well in his book he described it a lot better. All the info was pretty much just a more detailed version of what he wrote here so he went into the mechanics of the scene and explained something like this:

When you imagine the scene over and over you should not imagine this: You are in a room and someone asks you to do a RC and you do and become lucid.

What you should imagine is this: You are in a room and someone asks you to do a RC so you look around and think of a RC to try.

Pedro said he never ever actually did the RC when visualizing and he said that is the main difference between the people who can and cannot use VILD. In the visuablizing part he just imagines being asked to RC and then he starts the scene over. The difference bwteen the visualization and the dream is that when he gets asked to RC in the dream he will then look around and try to do a RC which makes him lucid. Well I read that and started thinking about it properly and still had no luck for a long time but now it's given me more success than any other method. I'm really slow with LDs and have maybe 2 every month but now I sometimes get 4 or 5 (not very long ones yet though!).

Current LD goal(s): to stay in a LD
Quiesco
Re-active?
Astral Explorer
LD count: 10

Very informative. Glad it was posted before I tried this, More chance of it working. I'm hoping this technique works well for me; I'm good at visualization, and I can get a scene similar to the one described set up and thought out pretty easily.

Wish me luck.

Current LD goal(s): Visit that ball of plasma in the sky. Yup, the Sun.
Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Chat Mods
Scribes

I'd be interested to know the name of the book, as I don't remember Pedro mentioning it anywhere.

print