LD without actually knowing your in a dream

Ive been trying to have a lucid dream for a while and when i stopped trying it finally happened last night. Ive been reading the forums for a while and decided it was finally time to join. In the dream however I took controll of the situations and enviornments and though i wasnt aware it was a dream i was in full conscious controll. I remember thinking what is all this, this stuff DOESNT happen. Then a dream character told me it was because of some device or energy i dont remember specifically but i remember thinking wait a minute i have controll. I started focusing really hard and teleporting around to where i wanted to go i tried flying and slowly got it and even drove in my all time favoirite car. So how was i fully conscious and mostly in controll but not aware it was a dream??

Hmm, that’s interesting, I’ve never really heard of that happening. I’m not sure if you could really consider it an LD though. It really depends on how deeply you want to define the term, ‘lucid dream’. You were fully conscious, but you didn’t know it was a dream. I’m really not sure what to tell you. You were lucid, but you didn’t realize it was a dream. I’m just trying to reason through this. Hmm, as long as you were fully conscious, and aware that something wasn’t right and that you could do things that you can’t do in everyday life, I guess you probably could consider it an LD. Yeah, I don’t see why not. I want you to feel free to PM me okay? We’ll talk about LDing more, and if you need help, maybe I could walk you through it a little. See you!

it wasn’t a lucid dream since you weren’t aware you were dreaming. By saying 'full conscious control", it sounds like a false lucid dream or a pre-lucid dream.

Pre-lucid sounds right.
You were aware that it was not a normal situation and intellectually curious, which is testament to a higher level of consciousness that normal dreams. That is something good in itself. But the usual definition of a lucid dream is that you are aware that you are dreaming. So, as a matter of definition, it was not.
You fell for the dreams explanation that it was some device or energy.
This “type of dream” could be called a conscious dream, although that term has been used for “lucid dream” also.

Thanks for the replies everyone. It boggles my mind how easily your mind can keep you from being aware. But i do specifically remember yelling why is this happening this stuff doesnt happen in real life. And i also remember holding the device and thinking i wonder if i can controll this thing. And i started to be able to teleport around i thought i wonder if i can fly and i jumped higher and higher untill i sort of flew and i also drove around in my favorite car. I kept experienceing like quick replays of situations too like someone was hitting a rewind button for a few seconds but it happend instantly.

:welcome: soundelixer!

sounds like a fun little device you managed to get your hands on, try and use it to become lucid next time. make yourself connect the device to dreaming and there you have it! If you did all that while pre-lucid then imagine what you could do fully lucid! good luck! :cool: