Studio Ghibli

I love your avatar! Spirited Away was my first encounter with the Studio (and with anime in the first place :happy: ), Kiki’s Delivery Service’s was the second. Since then, I’ve seen Princess Mononoke, Castle in the Sky, and even went to Howl’s Moving Castle on opening day in theaters. I’ve only seen half of Nausicaa, though… :sad:

Spirited Away is my favorite, though. I don’t think I’ll be able to change The Toy Master’s mind, though. :tongue:

(We already have an really old Miyazaki topic, just so you know it)

I love Studio Gibli. :grin:
My favorite movie has to be Grave of the Fireflies.
Then comes Princess Mononoke, and Spirited Away.

To bad Hayao Miyazaki didn’t do the Earthsea movie…
It could have been so good. :sad:

Grave of the Fireflies might just be the saddest movie ever made, but it is brilliant, I’m a big fan of Princess Mononake, and I do like Spirited away, not one of my favourites but it’s good (it’s just a bit too weird for me - I’m a big fan of standard Manga series like Tri-Gun, Ninja Scroll and GunGrave) but my favourite has to be Howls Moving Castle, I just think it’s absolutely brilliant. I also love Laputa, although I’m as of yet to see Nausicaa, and I’ve been told I really should.

Yeah, I thought it was a bit too disney…if you catch my meaning…too many distractions.

Spirited away was my first and therefore my favourite because it just, stunned me…
If think you’ll always have a ‘special bond’ as such to the first one of those films you watch…

Nausicaa is really good btw…
I LOVE my neighbour totoro…it makes me smile… :tongue:

I was just going to say the same thing, but with Mononoke instead of Spirited away

ps. I make Totoros :D)

/me faints with shock…
WOWOWOWOOWOWOWOOWOWOWOWOOW!

I was really impressed with Princess Mononoke, but I don’t think that its the 3rd best animation film (according to a survey taken in japan; 1st; spirited away, 2nd; howls moving castle)

I’m a big fan of Ghibli films, especially those by Hayao Miyazaki. Can’t wait till his new film, Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea, gets released this July :content:

I’ve never heard of the studio before. Do they have good animations?

sighs They are fabulous.
They are a bit…well…odd, but you soon get used to them. They are very differently paced from studios like Disney, but I don’t see disney the same way now, compared to these they’re waaay to shiny and plastic.
Try watching Spirited Away, or Howl’s Moving castle…These are the ones that have had some of the best reviews; but they are all fabulous…

I heart Totoro though…

:loves Studio Ghibli: :smile:

:hugs:

Me tooooo!

I actually watched that when it came out! Man … that movie freaked me out.

I know, its all a bit freaky isn’t it…

That was the first one I watched, it’s just completely encaptivated me. I can’t get enough! grins

I’m also a fan of studio Ghibli. What comes from them is always very well done. May I remind you all of Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, or cute Kiki, so kawaiiiii :tongue:

Nausicaa is wonderful I agree…and note: my avatar is Jiji!! :tongue: giggles

Yes, I am happy to report I’ve never been disappointed with any of their works.

merged the offtopic posts from starwars into this topic so they became ontopic /Magnus

I really need to buy all the Ghibli movies.

Tundra-is your avatar Kiki’s cat?

YES!!!

I LOVE JIJI!!

ahem

Yes, that is Kiki’s cat… :smile:
I can give you a list of all the Ghibli films if you want. :smile: (not that I’m an addict or anything…)

I know/have seen all of his main ones, however I haven’t finished Island In The Sky. (If thats what it was called)

Laputa Castle in the Sky…I think you mean…

God they’re beautiful.
I’ve forced my parents to watch several…they’re glad I did!! My mum is now addicted to Spirited away and Howls moving castle.
Kiki is still my dad’s favourite!

I completely forgot about Grave of the Fireflies.

That really was a sad movie to watch.