Character Assisted Lucid Dreaming - CALD Part IV

I wish I met more people in my dreams. The only people there are usually people I know IRL, or random DCs who I don’t know very well and play a part in one dream and are never seen again…

I used to run a Roleplay community a couple of years back, and I was thinking of taking my character from that community and use as my character for this technique since I know him so well. I was also thinking of recreating some of the other characters from that community too, could be a nice reuinion ^^
So here it is
Name: Unknown (He was referred to as ‘The source of wisdom’ :razz: For now he’ll just be called ‘Sours’, more humane than Source)
He’s a centaur, a powerful one. He carries a staff and wisdom and knowledge about almost all things. In person he is very calm, and he never has any doubts on what is the right call. He has a deep spiritual connection, and even though he might seem very boring and slow… he is not :razz:
He wants to appear harsh, but once you get to know him he get’s very friendly and eased.

I’m not all clear on this technique, what would be my next step?

Some might do that, and I think most do at first, but that just makes them puppets. When I interact with them I let them do the talking, not me. (in fact they tend to get annoyed if I start putting words in their mouth, which is unfortunately fairly easy to slip into at times)

Just talking to him is a good place to start. Like any other LDing technique it helps to practice regularly.

Wow Mecha you’ve got this down to a science ^^~

I agree about the continued, and more frequent interaction, it would be a good way to continue on :3

And don’t worry Kaybee! It’s very similar for me :stuck_out_tongue: I never seem to have recurrent, or memorably new characters, and I’ve only been able to summon characters into my dream a few times (though it’s not the same as what you’ve mentioned). I meet much the same sorts of people in my dreams…

Hmmm.

brainstorm
Basic steps…?
Character creation -> consistant interaction -> intergrated lucidity practice(RCs,before bed chats, consistant intergration of the lucidity subject in conversation) = Basic CALD steps…? XD

I think, CALD is greatly variable in ways of style for each person, but the framework must fundamentally be the same in that sense XD

Happy lucids!
~Tal

Since I write a lot of stories, I can easily create a character and let it be. However to actually make them seem… ‘real’ (for want of a better word) it’s much harder.

I mean once you get a basic personality and mannerisms formed in your mind, you can ‘say’ something, and you can tell what they would say based on aforementioned personality and mannerisms. After a while it gets easier, and they seem to gain a life of their own. That’s how it goes, really. Just remember, it’s only your imagination, not reality.

Yikes Talon!

I wanted to send this in a PM but because my post count is below 5 it won’t let me.

I just wanted to apologise because i put some info of this technique in a small thread on dreamviews. I would have gladly asked for permission first but i didn’t notice the line which said that you wanted people to ask. I did give you, and LD4all the credit through.

I really love this technique, and i’ve started my own character - I just hope this means you dont hate me D:

Oh no of course not ^^~
I’m just happy its getting around XD
It’d be nice if you could redirect people here if they have questions though :3
Glad you have your own character now! Hope you keep us updated ^^~

~Tal

Sure i’ll stick up a re-direct link. People seem to be quite admiring of the idea.

Also, about my character; Only had it for a few days, and she’s already starting to say/do things herself. Not a clear voice yet, but imagery seems to work best. I was picturing and talking with my character, and getting a little annoyed that i couldent get a response. Then sort of without thinking, my character starts flying around itself! :open_mouth:

I’m like…"uh…wtf…You can fly? " I then i almost got a clear voice saying, “Yea duh, haha”.

xD

I wish my drawing skills were half decent so i could draw my character. I may need to make a few edits also, eg; Wings, as i think she wants them. =P
I have a short history to go with her aswell.

I could be going crazy making up imaginery friends at my age, but if it’s fun and helps me get lucid, then bring on the insanity! =P

Sorry for the late reply :stuck_out_tongue:

It good they some to like it :stuck_out_tongue: But be clear on this: Making characters doesn’t make you crazy. Developing them to be detailed with personality and mannerisms doesn’t either :3.
Haha, it seems you’re getting th idea though :3 And I’m glad you’re making progress ^^~ Just have fun with it :3
It’s good things are coming along so spontaneously! I’ll be rooting for you :3
Keep us updated!

~Tal

((oftopic: I finally got my origonal account back, hurrah!))

Yeah, like talon said, making characters doesn’t make you crazy, whatever your age. I’ve been doing it for a good while, and I’m glad that I happened to stumble on talon’s cald topic when she origionally posted it, because it gave me a lot more insight, but now I’m getting offtopic. I hope to hear more from you as you progress.

Great one! All of us get to know some dream characters and that wasn’t invented by you, not even by a human, I think, but I have never actually thought of using interaction with them to get lucid. The timing is perfect, because today, just before waking up, I got the REM stage, and had just enough time to ask a Native American-looking old man what he was thinking about; “Harlem”, he said, which sounds quite weird to me, as I have never been to NY, nor even have I ever left continental Europe O.o
I am crazy about your technique, and I am glad to find a lucid dreamer of my age. '93, right?

Haha, yes! And you’re only 13 days older than me :stuck_out_tongue:

[Edit: Oop! Way off! Sorry, Spotted join date and thought it was birthday ^^;]

It’s nice that you seem to like the Tech. :3 Characters have been ingrained into my daily life for years now, so it only made sense to me to try and intergrate them into lucidity practice ^^~
After I made CALD, I noticed posts more, and a common idea I noticed was trying to talk to dream characters while you were dreaming, and ask them to get you lucid–
I suppose CALD is fundamentally the same, but gets over the hurdle of not having to be lucid to talk to the characters, by making them in waking life :stuck_out_tongue:
Err-- Off topic XD Sorry there, my brain went on info-mode :stuck_out_tongue:

So what else did you get out of your interaction with this character?

P.S. Wolvendeer-- Sorry for not replying to your post! That’s so embarrassing :stuck_out_tongue: Thank you for your support, and I’m glad you are happy about CALD, it’s always encouraging to have people give positive feedback ^^~ Hoping you’re making great progress yourself!

~Happy days guys,
Tal

I wouldn’t say my progress is great, but I have noticed my characters becoming part of my dreams, so I’m getting closer.

That’s cool Wolven :stuck_out_tongue:
As long as you’re having fun, right? You’ll get there one way or another eventually–

Thanks for keeping up updated :3~

I haven’t had many vivid dreams recently, and while I haven’t been able to talk to my characters in a dream for some time, they are almost always present in some way. :happy:

Well, summer’s here! So that means you can have more time to work with lucidity right? :smiley: ^^~
A common misconception that people make is that they assume the talking to of the characters is during dreams, when actually it is was originally intended for before-bed and waking life. In that way, chats about lucidity before bed leave it being the last thing thought about before going to sleep ^^~

But yus. :3 It’s nice that you seem to be taking it in a positive way :smiley:

Oh, ok, that makes more sense. Normally when I end up talking to ANY DC in my dreams, it’s usually in gibberish. :tongue:

In that case, I’m conversing with my characters all the time. (Though trying to maintain multiple characters is a challenge, but a fun challenge too.)

Haha yeah XD
I noticed when talking to random DCs, it can be a challenge to get anywhere ^^; Besides that, to remember to talk to them you mostly need to be lucid already right? XD

It’s nice that you’ve gotten o that level with your characters. XD Maintaining ONE well developed character most of the time living in real time is hard enough ( real time being not " Hey do you wanna skip forward two weeks and see what happens to the characters?" “Ok!”)

But yeah :stuck_out_tongue: It’s great you’re having fun! Cald should be for just that if nothing else XD right?

It’s my first post, as soon as I read the topics about CALD I decided to register …I have tried many techniques but they didn’t work much, this one seems very interesting, I’m sure I will get nice results.

I have a question though, even though I created it today, my character is already speaking quite fluently … I fear it might be me the one who’s actually “giving words” to my character even if I try to make the process automatic … any suggestions?