Sun-gazing

I tried it, about a year ago actually, and my vision is like near perfect, and i felt more spiritually sound and my vision seemed more vibrant and acute. I do this every once in a while. I never told anybody about this, i never thought of posting it either :wink:

Good Post!

Hi Eyelids,
can you keep us updated on your sungazing? I’m very curious about that and hope you can give us more info on your experiment.

thanx

I think I’m definately going to try this, it might help with my CFS…

I already had my eyes lasered (pew pew), and I suppose I could imagine that the sun might help since it is one of the bases for life.

I wouldn’t go too long without eating real food though, you may find a state of mind that’s good for you, but not necessarily good for your body. Besides, who WOULDN’T want to eat food when it tastes so good? :razz:

If I did this, I might only do it at sunset, because I like my late nights. But then again, we shall see, no pun intended although the temptation is quite large. ;D

mmm there are reasons to not eat food, even when it tastes good, as long as the body is healthy, or to severely limit diet to only raw foods and be vegan

Now, my results are NOW in the very first post here>…

FYI Gallielo did NOT go blind from looking at the sun, this is urban legend, one fellow may have, and it was because he used blue paper to see the sun, telling his eyes it didn’t hurt, when it actually did, for a very long time…
rawpaleodiet.org/sungazing/

my eyes are wacky eyes, and i’d love to have a spiritual master sit down and tell me why, because its really odd stuff, so they are taking a huge amount of work, but vision is getting stronger, and also, annoyingly, blocked by a large streak of color which takes several days to get out of the way

right now i can see this all, without straining, without crinkling them shut, and i don’t have glasses on, and its not in particular blurry, so that’s a huge step forward.

I wish I had followed and stuck with HRM’s model though because it would have given me strong enough faith that I may have lost hunger by the time I went to 45 minutes due to my mind expecting it.

though right now my only experiment i need to do is “look at least an hour a day and see if this hour a day takes hunger away”

it kind of did but then i ate a ton in the evening.

I believe his method is very good because it will take the few people that can truly transcend hunger and give them complete and total faith, whereas if they listened to skeptics they might quit a long the journey, even though m any do not conquer hunger by following his method, and he has been spotted gorging at Indian food buffets (lucky! I wish we had those here…)

[deleted]

wow, well, don’t try it then!
unless you close your eyes and turn your closed eyes to the sun, that can feel nice if it isn’t too harsh

the way people start is right when its rising or setting, when its orange
and there is something else they start with before then, that i’m not familiar with

something really important is to sit a glass of water in a window with sun for 2-3 hours, then use an eyedropper to drop this water into the eyes, and drink the water, it most 100% surely has strong healing effects, which i can vouch for.

obviously you can’t do this if you have to pry your eyes open and they squeal in pain just to see the sun ! :smile: its intuitive, and I don’t want anyone just randomly deciding to do it, without doing the reading and research.

krupnov.blogspot.com/2007/08/7-t … in-hard.ht ml
mmm see:
“When I took my first sun treatment session, I was impatient and stupid enough to do it all wrong. In result, I suffered of afterimages (also known as scotoma, pl. scotomata) that lasted over two months. When that yellowish round spot in the center of my view field didn’t go the next day, and after two days, and after a week, you bet it scared the shit out of me. It took me a while to fully demonstrate to myself that scotomata were only illusions caused by strain. Like floaters, I was myself supporting that damned illusion by permanently worrying about it. And paradoxically, the best way to get rid of the afterimage was to look at the sun again :smile:. So looking back I realize that although I indeed haven’t caused myself any permanent harm, this temporary discomfort could have been avoided too if I weren’t such an idiot.”
this sounds a bit like me, though I was never scared for I read about it first.

It is not an urban legend, it is a well attested to fact in the history of science…and it should be common sense to us moderns: if you spend so much time looking for sunspots through a refractor telescope, you’re going to mess up your vision. If Galileo had known about Gamma rays and Ultraviolet rays like we do, and their effects on the body, do you really think he would have been staring at the sun like that? Would anyone be staring at the sun if they knew the sort of damage that radiation does?

You may not be doing this through a telescope, but you don’t have to to seriously damage you’re eyes - heck, you don’t even have to look at the sun nowadays, just go outside without sunscreen. 150 million kilometers away and the sun can still fry you.

Anyway don’t listen to me, listen to the guy who wrote that sungazing article eyelids gave a link to [Italics mine]:

listen to everyone!

iblindness.org/books/bates/ch17.html

did you READ THIS ?

what do you think, the man brought a woman from 20/70 to 20/10 just by having her look directly at the sun, bad for her eyes yeah?

get some very valid medical professionals to scientifically study people who use Bates method including sun, why don’t we ?

[deleted]

I gazed the sun a couple of times but haven’t noticed any different in my vision - it neither got worse nor better. Any ideas?

i’ve been doing it since september, it has gotten a lot better, but its still very subtle

i measure my progress by this chart i have of guitar chords, they are so tiny you can’t see them if you have eyes like mine, but they get clearer and clearer, and sometimes i look and marvel at the progress.

www.iblindness.org

has an entire book about improving your vision, its JUST sun.
iblindness.org/books/bates/
and as all important literature should be, it is free.

Your path can be dangerous, but i am not the judge.
Here is a little info on Photokeratitis, welders flash, snow blindness. The eye is the fastest healing part of our body so the outward effects seem minimized. There is also a term called Presbyopia which states that after the age of twelve a slow natural degenerative state of the eye. This is why people in their late thirties to early forties experience near vision loss. Our bodies break down throughout the life cycle.

take a look at this
agingeye.net/visionbasics/uv … vision.php

Definition of Photokeratitis

Photokeratitis: A burn of the cornea (the clear front surface of the eye) by ultraviolet B rays (UVB). Also called radiation keratitis or snowblindness.

The condition typically occurs at high altitudes on highly reflective snow fields or, less often, with a solar eclipse. Artificial sources of UVB can also cause snowblindness. These sources include suntanning beds, a welder’s arc (flash burn, welder’s flash, or arc eye), carbon arcs, photographic flood lamps, lightning, electric sparks, and halogen desk lamps.

Symptoms include tearing, pain, redness, swollen eyelids, headache, a gritty feeling in the eyes, halos around lights, hazy vision, and temporary loss of vision. These symptoms may not appear until 6-12 hours after the UBV exposure.

Treatment consists mainly of keeping the eye closed with patches, after instilling a few drops of ophthalmic antibiotic solution, such as sulfacetamide sodium 10% with methylcellulose or gentamicin. Vision usually returns after 18 hours. The surface of the cornea usually regenerates in 24 to 48 hours.

Prevention involves sunglasses with adequate UVB protection and full coverage of the eyes (side shields).

Hmm… I’m gonna side with you, endless. There’s a lot of bad things ultraviolet light can do to your eyes.

Don’t get me wrong Eyelids, healing/improving your vision by simply looking at the sun would be great! But don’t you think it would be all over the news & not just on some less-than-trustworthy looking website? If you’ve gotten great results, then awesome! I just want to see some more substancial evidence before subjecting my eyes to a 1.392x10^9 m diameter ball of plasma.

I wear glasses too, & it would be wonderful if I could lose em. The air’s dirty here in Jersey, & I my glasses need cleaning all the time.

Perhaps I will try the “solarized glass of water” trick. That sounds relatively safe.

its good for everyone to make their own decisions: i hesitate to write because then i have to take a fundamental stand-point, but i will.
going to iblindness.org and looking at the forums one can talk to many people who have sun-gazed their way to 20/20 vision from having poor vision before, including those who ran the gambit with many illusions of blindness/distortion along the way from not doing the method correctly, kinda like me

i want to check out an eye-chart some time soon it should be 20/40 or something of the sort . i dunno what it used to be.
anyway ------------
lol
what’s “relatively safe” about solarized water, as if such a thing could be a boogeyman?

i don’t think it will help vision any, but the sun-charged eye drops might,
so will all the exercises listed in that online book, but most practitioners say sun is by far the most important area of their practice.

why would it be on the news? well, lets think about the news critically, something that negates the need for EYEGLASSES and is completely free ?
equals no more $ for powerful industries

if you’re interested in good eyesight I’d recommend reading the book and seeing what he has to say. glasses are really stupid because when i put mine on the other day after not using them in well over a month, taking them off made my vision so much more terrible, AND with them on it wasn’t even much of an improvement, because the vision has im-proved so much more naturally on its own.

the thing is that they teach your eyes to be lazy lol.

here’s something : stop eating solid foods, have milk, honey, tea, for a few days straight a week, to lose weight and be very health and energized and alive,
this isn’t on the news is it ? it doesn’t come in pill form that can be marketed!

the news is a conduit for forces of high density $ to push their views around, including taking pre-fabricated video documentaries made by industries and governmental agencies and having the reporters read the propaganda as if it is fact, whicn it is actually just paid advertising

aware of this many years ago the senate tried to make it a law that any propaganda had to be advertised with a disclaimer but as you can imagine it was shot down.

i cannot exactly say our journalism is free or intelligent when half the time it is focused on what celebrity is marrying what person, or animal, or whatever it is they marry.

here’s a helpful hint, to destroy a candidates career, take a video of them picking their nose, why did Dean lose? because they decided to show him yelling on tv, even though all candidates yell from time to time.

silly ! :smile: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Glasses can’t make your eyes lazy. Loss of visual acuity has nothing to due with muscles. The principal reasons for eyewear are myopia & hyperopia. With myopia, the eyeball is too long, or the cornea is too steep, so images are focused in the vitreous inside the eye rather than on the retina at the back of the eye. The opposite defect of myopia is hyperopia or “farsightedness” or “long-sightedness” — this is where the cornea is too flat or the eye is too short. The italicized text was copied straight from Wikipedia.

Secondly, I looked up sungazing on the aforementioned website, and it states that sungazers do their thing at dawn and dusk, when the sun’s intensity is lowest. You never specified that. I thought you were talking about staring wide-eyed, directly into the midday sun. People have lost their vision permanently doing that.

I’ll acquire more intel. But for now, I have a pair of sunglasses that fit over my Rx’s. :cool:

[color=red]EDIT: Oops! I just looked over the first post again. You did specify sunrise & sunset. Sorry, my bad. I must have overlooked that part. Hope I wasn’t too mean. Again, my apologies.[/color] :shrug:

I don’t get how looking at the sun could improve poor sight. Most poor sight is caused by myopia & hyperopia, as NightOwl413 has already said, which are problems with the Shape/size of the eye, or the lens. Unless looking at the Sun will change the Shape of my eye I don’t see how looking at the sun help :eh: . I think i’ll stick to just wearing glasses. :nerd_face:

This whole topic is kinda New Age here, Muzzius. That “spirituality/metaphysics overriding the laws of physical reality” sorta thing, so I don’t really think there’s going to be much of a mechanistic desciption as to how this works [supposedly]. It’s more of a paranormal thing, that the sun radiates healing energies, rather than science.

Eyelids, I’m not insulting sungazing or proclaiming disbelief, I just wanna be cautious. Honestly, now that I know it’s to be done “when the sun is orange” :tongue: , I’m actually considering it. So no hard feelings, happiness all around. :smile:

Lol, this is silly
if the sun radiates healing energies, it IS science, not paranormal or new age, you know?
since humans do it and state that it does, then we should research their claims, right?

IMA go to the eye-doctor some-time next week and see what my vision is currently at, and then you guys can know what the results of looking at the sun for many months even also at high noon, etc, etc, will do to a man, however if you want to know that you can go to groups.yahoo.com and see, there are many who do it.
or iblindness.org
and read Dr. bate’s information on how he brought people to 20/20 or 20/10 sometimes through responsible sun-gazing in conjunction with other eye-exercises

its a free book, read it right there, part of being skeptic is thoroughly researching the heck out of what it is you are skeptical about, to see.

~yes when it is “orange” is much safer, though I do it whenever I want and suffer temporary repercussions, its because I did it for months the other way
for a beginner to, would be silly,
beginning first time might as well do it 5 minutes before sunset, or after sunrise,

the thing to state again is that in the world of Dr. Bates, eye-doctor,k treating dozens and hundreds, perhaps thousands of people, and deeply studying this, any [color=red]SUN DAMAGE[/color] is temporary and th e result of a being having imperfect eyes, the imperfection thusly exacerbated from sun exposure. He stresses that a being with perfect vision gets a huge boost in clarity from looking at the sun, any time of day, even for hours, and has no detrimental effects.

my eyes are wacko, so i get long long after-images, that take several days if not more to go away, but I don’t mind in particular because when they dissipate to even a slight degree, I can read the computer without glasses, without straining my eyes, a huge feat in and of itself in contrast to one year ago.

sometimes I say “wow, I can see!”
other times I say “damn, after-image!”

First off, I called it new age/paranormal because whatever is healing the eyes, we have no scientific instruments with which to detect & measure it. That technically categorizes it as paranormal, because it is still naturalistically unknown. There may be results, but we want to observe the actual agent of change.

Secondly,

• the sun’s ultra-violet light damages the cornea, lens and retina. It is a natural fact of biology that once you pass a certain level of injury, it cannot be recovered from.

• UV rays may lead to macular degeneration, a leading cause of vision loss for older Americans.

• Corneal sunburn, called photokeratitis, is the result of high short-term exposure to UV-B rays.

• Skin cancer around the eyelids is also linked to prolonged UV exposure.

• Another UV-related problem is a growth called pterygium. This growth begins on the white of the eye and may involve the cornea. Eventually, the growth may block vision. People have lost their sight permanently.

I’m not doubting you Eyelids, & I’m not saying that sungazing is a load of [word for fecal matter]. I can’t stress this enough. As I have said before, if you have obtained solid, real results doing this, well then that makes honest investigation worthy. And if entire groups & communities are doing this with success, then obviously something’s really going on.

Just please don’t tell me things that any science textbook will say to the contrary. It is possible for ultra-high light to irrepairably destroy one’s vision, welder’s arc is a prime example, and I’m pretty sure the sun is brighter than that.

Perhaps sungazing utilizes a special technique that avoids the damaging effects. Maybe they build up some ocular immunity in the beginning that allows them to gaze during the day too. However, don’t tell me that you can just walk out one day & star into the blazing summer sun without inflicting serious injury, not on your first try at least. I just can’t buy it.