Should we care about anything?

Let’s say we’re like Jesus, and we give everything, to people who don’t notice or appreciate it

is that a good way to live ?

What if we are like a Buddha, and just sit and not care, and not be attached to anything?

Something happens and we’re kind of like Pooh Bear “Oh Bother” but we don’t really care, we’re just saying an empty phrase,

or maybe we are more like something that is just perpetually zombified, feeling no emotions,

or maybe even we are subtly happy

but should we invest our time in caring ?

what i’m talking about is attachment I guess

I was meditating on the couch today and my dog was barking, instead of telling her no, which doesn’t work, I said “good girl… good girl… come here!” and i loved her and said it with the love, and so she stopped barking and came here, and I looked her in the eyes and beamed a true genuine love to her, and she noticed.

so lets say, we love something, that is ultimately hurting us, do we get angry and have a grudge against them, condemn them to hell in our reality, delete them from our mind, and eventually feel bad about our anger and wish them well?

do we choke on our bad feelings living in subtle unexpressed angst

do we try to talk it out

how do we know?

i think if you really love someone you couldn’t be hurt if they don’t love you back ?

so why do I feel hungry inside, ravenous and desperate for solace from the opposite sex ?

its only when I feel complete, whole, that I am a powerful presence to them, but becuase I am complete and whole, i have no agenda to approach them and meet them, and they do not have the holiness necessary to witness and look me in the eye and see that I love them.

if you look a child in the eyes, they don’t know how to lie or hide their love, they have to look back, and they are wholesome and good

but an adult will fidget.

the universe knows exactly what we want and need, and exactly how our lives can be perfect heavenly blissful ones.

The way to live, is to accept that fact that you may die at any time. You can work very hard for 6 years in college, then possibly die in a car accident.

Or, what if you had lived those last 6 years traveling the world, meeting new people everywhere you went. Having fun. Slamming some brews at Oktoberfest and meeting your new girlfriend there. Then, you die in a car accident.

Who dies happier? We all die in the end, so why work so hard all one’s life? Live a simple, relaxed and enjoyable life. Live HOWEVER YOU WANT TO.

LOL

THEN i want my family to win the lottery.

so i can go travel yea.

the mind has tremendous jurisdiction over what it attaches itself to,

for instance, creating total safety, or stumbling around breaking dishes.

Forget about money. Get what you need, when you need it, however you can get it.

Small odd jobs whenever you find yourself running low. Of course you need to save up a bunch by working before you plan on starting the rest of your life.

yea

what life ?

this one ?

if i work odd jobs then how do i pay rent lol ?

The Buddha (and JC) taught pacifism. Pacifism should not be confused with not caring. In fact it is true caring. Violence is never the answer. Loving kindness is the answer. You should worry about others yes, but don’t trouble yourself over it. You are here for you. Take care of yourself first.

Rent? You say this as though your settled somewhere. Explore the world. Settle down with a decent job in a place you like when your maybe 40 or so. Find a place you like while your exploring the world.

OH/

how do i explore the world? it isn’t worth exploring unless I am allowed to teleport and fly, physicality,

is stupid.

i’d still do that i suppose, how much money would it take you think?

“Should we care about anything?”

Why are we so blessed with life if we weren’t meant to do anything about it?
If we didn’t have that motivation to live then, nothing, nothing would be wonderful…
We must care, otherwise there is no point.
We MUST care, otherwise things will never progress for the better.
We MUST care, otherwise we shall be lonely for all of our lives.

And I believe that I care, because I want to make the most of this truely spectacular world I am lucky enough to live in.

I think that if we can give, we should give to the world with an open heart. Eventually, someone will notice the sacrifices made to make their life better. Would I want credit for what I did? Who would want to be put on a pedestal for every good deed they ever did? I would find that annoying and want my privacy. Because, what I would be doing isn’t a superhuman quality. The ability to act resides within us all.

well
i plan on living my life by doing what i need to get what i need, then doing what i need to get what i want.

everything you want: relationships, friends, family, pets, etc. are just things to make you happy for a period of time.

once you die, you’re dead.
to me, a glorious afterlife in heaven with gold-paved streets and clouds and harps sounds like nothing more than the place someone wanted to believe they’d go after they died.
they even made up a soul that would seperate from your body and go to that place and a guy to run it all and make rules.

i, personally, have never seen, felt, or in any other way witnessed a soul, and have no idea what part of your body they think it’s supposed to be attached to, but then again, i don’t think they do either.

the point is, live your life doing things that make you feel good. if you want to do something, do it; if you don’t want to do something, don’t do it.

right now, i’m finding comfort in the idea that after i die, i may or may not have 6-10 minutes of brain activity, in which i may or may not have one last crazy dream, [hopefully by then i’ll be able to fly] and i’m not worried about any of that “am i going to heaven or hell” stuff.

they even made up the word “die”

We are made of energy, everything is. Everything you perceive is energy. Your self-consciousness is even energy. Seeing as energy can neither be created nor destroyed, our consciousness must not dissipate after death?

Death is not an end rather the next beginning.

How is death the next beginning?

You know, a great moment in my life was when I realized that death does not mean happy Jesus heaven time, but it more likely equates to rotting in the ground.

The hardest part of death for me to accept isn’t the whole “What am I doing right now?”, it’s “what happens to us afterwards?”. I’m not terribly huge on religion, if you can find something to believe in, good for you, I envy you because I can’t find faith in anything anymore. It’s just so hard to believe that life just stops, that life is finite.

Whatever happens, I’m off this rock in X years. Whatever happens happens, you just gotta roll with the punches.

Your self-awareness is energy on the most pure level. Energy can not be created nor destroyed. Thus your self-awareness can not be destroyed, even through death.

There’s no reason to assume that death is like a light bulb shutting off.

Just look in the mirror for long enough, thinking about it.

Self-awareness is energy at its purest level? Could you clarify that?

Everything on the most miniscule level is nothing but energy. Assuming self-awareness is a molecular/chemical thing like the science freaks would die defending, than either way it still wouldn’t disappear after death. It would transform.

You know electrons constantly phase in and out of our dimension? Making it possible that we exist in other dimensions that we can’t even begin to imagine.

Again: “Life is but a glimpse of what the universe has to offer”.

I don’t really care where I go when I die, all I know is that I’m probably off this rock. :razz:

I still want to leave my mark though. And I’m not stupid enough to blow my brains out to see what’s in the beyond.

in string theory there are 11 dimensions i think, so if we figure those out, we might have an idea of what’s after death, if anything.

but without a physical brain to organize and access all the information we store from experience, i don’t think we could hold our thoughts together to carry them on to an afterlife.