EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 130
Rainbow Connection

Should we care about anything?

Author  Message 
LD count: yes
Location: hare krishna hare krishna, krishna krishna hare hare! hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare!

Should we care about anything?
PostPosted: Fri 30 May, 2008  Reply with quote

Let's say we're like Jesus, and we give everything, to people who don't notice or appreciate it

is that a good way to live ?

What if we are like a Buddha, and just sit and not care, and not be attached to anything?

Something happens and we're kind of like Pooh Bear "Oh Bother" but we don't really care, we're just saying an empty phrase,

or maybe we are more like something that is just perpetually zombified, feeling no emotions,

or maybe even we are subtly happy

but should we invest our time in caring ?

what i'm talking about is attachment I guess

I was meditating on the couch today and my dog was barking, instead of telling her no, which doesn't work, I said "good girl...... good girl.... come here!" and i loved her and said it with the love, and so she stopped barking and came here, and I looked her in the eyes and beamed a true genuine love to her, and she noticed.

so lets say, we love something, that is ultimately hurting us, do we get angry and have a grudge against them, condemn them to hell in our reality, delete them from our mind, and eventually feel bad about our anger and wish them well?

do we choke on our bad feelings living in subtle unexpressed angst

do we try to talk it out

how do we know?

i think if you really love someone you couldn't be hurt if they don't love you back ?

so why do I feel hungry inside, ravenous and desperate for solace from the opposite sex ?

its only when I feel complete, whole, that I am a powerful presence to them, but becuase I am complete and whole, i have no agenda to approach them and meet them, and they do not have the holiness necessary to witness and look me in the eye and see that I love them.

if you look a child in the eyes, they don't know how to lie or hide their love, they have to look back, and they are wholesome and good

but an adult will fidget.

the universe knows exactly what we want and need, and exactly how our lives can be perfect heavenly blissful ones.

Lizard King
Lone Wolf
Dream Deity
LD count: 20

The way to live, is to accept that fact that you may die at any time. You can work very hard for 6 years in college, then possibly die in a car accident.

Or, what if you had lived those last 6 years traveling the world, meeting new people everywhere you went. Having fun. Slamming some brews at Oktoberfest and meeting your new girlfriend there. Then, you die in a car accident.

Who dies happier? We all die in the end, so why work so hard all one's life? Live a simple, relaxed and enjoyable life. Live HOWEVER YOU WANT TO.

Location: hare krishna hare krishna, krishna krishna hare hare! hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare!

LOL

THEN i want my family to win the lottery.

so i can go travel yea.

the mind has tremendous jurisdiction over what it attaches itself to,

for instance, creating total safety, or stumbling around breaking dishes.

Lizard King
Lone Wolf
Dream Deity

Forget about money. Get what you need, when you need it, however you can get it.

Small odd jobs whenever you find yourself running low. Of course you need to save up a bunch by working before you plan on starting the rest of your life.

yea

what life ?

this one ?

if i work odd jobs then how do i pay rent lol ?

bodhibay
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

The Buddha (and JC) taught pacifism. Pacifism should not be confused with not caring. In fact it is true caring. Violence is never the answer. Loving kindness is the answer. You should worry about others yes, but don't trouble yourself over it. You are here for you. Take care of yourself first.

Lizard King
Lone Wolf
Dream Deity

Eyelids wrote:
yea

what life ?

this one ?

if i work odd jobs then how do i pay rent lol ?

Rent? You say this as though your settled somewhere. Explore the world. Settle down with a decent job in a place you like when your maybe 40 or so. Find a place you like while your exploring the world.

OH/

how do i explore the world? it isn't worth exploring unless I am allowed to teleport and fly, physicality,

is stupid.

i'd still do that i suppose, how much money would it take you think?

Tundra
Wolf of The Dawn
Dream Deity
Tundra has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Sun 01 Jun, 2008  Reply with quote

"Should we care about anything?"

Why are we so blessed with life if we weren't meant to do anything about it?
If we didn't have that motivation to live then, nothing, nothing would be wonderful...
We must care, otherwise there is no point.
We MUST care, otherwise things will never progress for the better.
We MUST care, otherwise we shall be lonely for all of our lives.

And I believe that I care, because I want to make the most of this truely spectacular world I am lucky enough to live in.

Kira
Twinkle, Twinkle!
Novice dreamer
LD count: 3 (I recall)

PostPosted: Mon 02 Jun, 2008  Reply with quote

I think that if we can give, we should give to the world with an open heart. Eventually, someone will notice the sacrifices made to make their life better. Would I want credit for what I did? Who would want to be put on a pedestal for every good deed they ever did? I would find that annoying and want my privacy. Because, what I would be doing isn't a superhuman quality. The ability to act resides within us all.

SoooHxC
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 10

well
i plan on living my life by doing what i need to get what i need, then doing what i need to get what i want.

everything you want: relationships, friends, family, pets, etc. are just things to make you happy for a period of time.

once you die, you're dead.
to me, a glorious afterlife in heaven with gold-paved streets and clouds and harps sounds like nothing more than the place someone wanted to believe they'd go after they died.
they even made up a soul that would seperate from your body and go to that place and a guy to run it all and make rules.

i, personally, have never seen, felt, or in any other way witnessed a soul, and have no idea what part of your body they think it's supposed to be attached to, but then again, i don't think they do either.

the point is, live your life doing things that make you feel good. if you want to do something, do it; if you don't want to do something, don't do it.

right now, i'm finding comfort in the idea that after i die, i may or may not have 6-10 minutes of brain activity, in which i may or may not have one last crazy dream, [hopefully by then i'll be able to fly] and i'm not worried about any of that "am i going to heaven or hell" stuff.

Quote:
to me, a glorious afterlife in heaven with gold-paved streets and clouds and harps sounds like nothing more than the place someone wanted to believe they'd go after they died.
they even made up a soul that would seperate from your body and go to that place and a guy to run it all and make rules.

they even made up the word "die"

Lizard King
Lone Wolf
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Fri 06 Jun, 2008  Reply with quote

We are made of energy, everything is. Everything you perceive is energy. Your self-consciousness is even energy. Seeing as energy can neither be created nor destroyed, our consciousness must not dissipate after death?

Death is not an end rather the next beginning.

Frosted Ambassador
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 2

How is death the next beginning?

You know, a great moment in my life was when I realized that death does not mean happy Jesus heaven time, but it more likely equates to rotting in the ground.

J Assassin
LD count: 2

The hardest part of death for me to accept isn't the whole "What am I doing right now?", it's "what happens to us afterwards?". I'm not terribly huge on religion, if you can find something to believe in, good for you, I envy you because I can't find faith in anything anymore. It's just so hard to believe that life just stops, that life is finite.

Whatever happens, I'm off this rock in X years. Whatever happens happens, you just gotta roll with the punches.

print