Ten people to talk to in a coffee shop in your dream

Apart from Putin, I tried to choose dead people since in my dream is probably the only place I’ll get to talk to them.

I don’t think I could choose ten people, just because that speaking with anyone when you are prepared to speak with them pretty much removes the interest (In a dream; you know what will happen.)

But if I had to choose, I’ll take a number of people you might not know: Sergey brin, Yitzhak Rabin, Einstein, Ali larigiany, Dostoyevski [I think]

No special order, I just feel compelled to those people.

You surprised me here. You know your stuff! I’m very impressed. Am I predicting a history major here? Wouldn’t it be a little awkward being in a 1 on 1 conversation with Hitler? At such a casual setting as a coffee shop?! hah.

This talk about Hitler reminded me of an interesting character. Namely Alistair Crowley, who Hitler knew and found creepy, or scary, I forget what exactly, but still, someone having that effect on Hitler, combined with his own biography, is someone unusual indeed.

Haha, someone who creeped out Hitler. I imagine that would be a weird fellow.

hmm never thought of this one.
uh I guess I’ll just throw out some random names

1. Musashi Miyamoto author of the book of five rings
  2. Bruce Lee, who wouldn’t want to talk to bruce lee
  3. Helio Gracie, hes not dead but I don’t think I’ll make it to brazil before he kicks the bucket lol
  4. Rene Descartes, I’ve never actually had a discussion with anyone about the I think therefore I am bit but It would be fun.
  5. The Buddha, that would be pretty interesting.
  6. Myself, I wonder how I apear when I’m talking to friends and such from outside of my body.
  7. Sun Tzu, the man was an effing war genious nuff said
  8. Dante (can’t spell his last name lol starts with an A), discuss the meaning his works and the importance of Virgil
  9. Myself if I had been an only child
  10. Dr. Haha Lung, the author of many great books dealing with the human mind and martial arts.

wow I thought of ten my brain realy has outdone itself this time :tongue:

You do me too much honour, :smile: but I’m just a fan of history.
Hehe I guess it might be a bit weird, but coffee shop has always been the place of conversation for me lol.

Here is my list…

Stephen King
Edgar Allan Poe
Christopher McCandless
Elie Wiesel
Andrew Jackson
Paternal Grandmother
Henry Clay
John C. Calhoun
Franklin D. Roosevelt
The Grey Man

lol…alistair crowley
He’s somehow connected with the Beatles (or so the conspiricies go)
However, his face IS on the cover of the Sgt. Pepper album.

bob marley
jimmy hendrix
ghandi
the dhali lhama
jesus
joanof arc
tuttankhamun
monty python
zaphod beetlebrox
& michella strachan

These first few are actually a group that i would like to interact a little with but mainly just sit in on and listen to them carry on a conversation amongst themselves:

1. My subconscious, i imagine he would be quite insightful and also theres a few questions i’d like to ask him
  2. Myself when i was 3, i remember a few instances from this time period where i had moments of clarity that surprise me even now and i’d like to see what i was like back durring a time that i remember little about
  3. My ideal self, don’t know why but i’d like to meet him on my path to becoming him
  4. Myself as i am now for the simple pleasure of trying to outsmart myself and possibly see who would win in a fight

These others i’d just like to meet one on one:
5. Julius Caesar, the man behind the legend
6. Catullus, to ***-slap him for writting so many horrible, whiny poems about lesbia and thus causing me to have to translate them in class
7. Solomon, the wisest man to have ever lived, maybe learn a few things from him
8. John D. Rockefeller, quite possibly the richest man to have ever lived, who doesn’t need financial advice?
9. da Vinci, not becuase of the da Vinci Code but because of all the amazing things he designed and/or created
10. Finally i’d like to meet myself from when i’m on my deathbed, to know all the things i’d regreted and have the chance to correct them

Half of the people i want to meet are different forms of myself, and that may be a little conceited but i know so very little about myself and i think it’d be good to learn more.
Also i dont know if you would call what i have written deep, but if you would i’d just like to say it’s a little out of charecter:

this is what you would ussually expect from me, (yes i quoted myself)

Yes ommbalawah, Monty Python is definitely one of mine too.

Frank Zappa
Caligula
Jim Morrison
John Lennon

Fictional Character:
Holden Caulfield

ol monty python

the good thing about a dream coffee shop is that you can dream yourself a whole new bunch of people the next night

a chat with Japhy Ryder from the dharma bums would be interesting

1. Dane Cook. Like me in 400 ways.
  2. Einstien.
  3. Plato.
  4. Confucious
  5. George Bush slaps him
  6. The person who had the original idea for Earthbound.
  7. The person who had the original idea for LSD (also known as Lucid Dreaming: The video game. Not really. But that’s what the game is..
  8. A man from 200 years in the future. A normal man.
  9. Ray Bradbury
  10. George Orwell! Of all people, he’s one of the highest.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Earthbound!!

That LSD game looks insanely cool as well.

Now I’m really intrigued. Where can I get that LSD game?!

sigh Okay, I feel compelled to jump in (as I do whenever anyone mentions LSD)

Simply: You cannot get it, sorry.
Less simply: You could track down a real copy - it was produced once in 1998, released only in Japan, and didn’t sell well at all - or, more easily, track down a ROM from one of the perhaps three websites acknowledging it. The most enthusiastic is probably FacePunch Studios’ recent thread on it, followed by Select Button’s less recent foray into LSD, and then the most comprehensive (and also Japanese) site I don’t know the name of. I’d provide links, but I can’t be bothered now; a quick Google search should reveal all (I mean, it’s not like they’re lost in a torrent of information :neutral: ).

The game is noted for being:

• Scary - very much so, in a bizarre way that is almost inexplicable, since there isn’t any explicit violence*.
  • Incomprehensible
  • Hard to get into
  • Bad, graphics-wise - as most games were for the PSX in 1998…

OH AND LSD IS NOT A RECENT GAME FOR THE PC IT IS A 1998 GAME FOR THE PSX THE GAME IS NOT FOR YOU IF YOU CANNOT UNDERSTAND THIS SIMPLE FACT excuse me. Enough people expect the graphics to be good and then decry the entire game when they discover they’re not that I felt I had to say this.

I’d tell you about how the game itself works if it were not for the facts that
A) An interesting thing about the game is that it has nigh-endless list of things to show you. Any lists would be incomplete and would not accurately capture what happens in this game. That is to say, the game is confusing as… you get the idea.
B) I’m too scared to play it myself apart from a few dream’s worth when I first got ahold of it. My appearance of expertise on the game sort of shrivels and dies at this point.

And as to not be offtopic, in no particular order:

1. Socrates
  2. My “omega” self - who I will be just before I die
  3. Hitler
  4. Both of my grandfathers (unfortunately deceased just after I was born)
  5. Einstein
  6. J.R.R. Tolkien
  7. My subconscious
  8. Leonardo da Vinci - Just playing Rise of Legends today and was reminded of him. (If you’ve never played RoL before, just ignore it)
  9. Ghandi
  10. Arthur Dent

*[spoiler]Disregarding the corspes in “Violence Town” and the, ah, events that occur elsewhere…[/spoiler]

I looked into that game a bunch and it looks awesome! I’m going to look in a moment here where to download it. It’s too bad you can only really get it through Japanese auctions. Supposed to be really expensive as well.

It’s downloading, can’t wait to play it! After seeing some videos of it I know it’s a game I will spend a lot of time playing.

Question about it-if you are in the same “level”, does it matter what you touch that decides where you go next, or is it all linear and it takes you to the same place regardless of what you touch?

That was kind of difficult to word. :neutral:

everyone one from friends, obviously.

Oscar Wilde, because he would be hilarious.

The first (or one of the first) true human beings

David Mitchell

Plato, because he would add a sense of profundity. and also the look on Joey’s face every time he opened his mouth would be classic.