New RCs, Invent!

Author  Message 
Traveler
The One And Only
Somniologist
Scribes
LD count: About 99

PostPosted: Sun 01 Jun, 2008  Reply with quote

I bite my cheek when ever I am scared or uncertain. It is a good RC that reassures me.

Scarecrow
Logos.
cookie lover

PostPosted: Sun 01 Jun, 2008  Reply with quote

I usually try to morph into pure energy to see if i'm in a dream.

Current LD goal(s): Have an SD with that cute little crow.
Stricken
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: Dozens.

PostPosted: Mon 02 Jun, 2008  Reply with quote

I usually have no ability to run at all in dreams, especially if I am trying to get away from someone or something. I get that "wading through water" feeling, and suddenly become very tired. Thus, anytime I feel like doing a RC, I just jog in place for a second or two. If my legs don't move incredibly slowly, I must be awake. (Though this isn't really foolproof, sometimes I can move normally when dreaming, but it usually works.) I've had the teeth loss thing happen to me before too, but it's incredibly rare as I usually don't worry about my teeth. I think that's only ever happened in my dreams 2 or 3 times.

SoooHxC
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 10

trying to morph into pure energy isn't really something you can discretely do IRL to train yourself haha

im pretty sure he meant checks you can do IRL to train yourself to do in a dream.
things other people around you won't give you weird looks for.
and not really things that just happen to you in the dream, things you think of to check and then do

LucidEpiphany
Complacency
Astral Explorer
LD count: 7,777

this works if you have a piano: walk up to the piano and move one finger and press each key, if it goes in scale order like it should you are awake. if the sound is all screwed up, your in a dream ^^

AaBbCcDdEe
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jun, 2008  Reply with quote

Focus on an object really hard to see if it explodes.

ThePromethean
ShantihShantihShanti
Somniologist

PostPosted: Mon 30 Jun, 2008  Reply with quote

try sinking into the floor, just look up, shake yourself a little, and imagine it happening

AaBbCcDdEe
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Mon 30 Jun, 2008  Reply with quote

I though of a new one! Try picking up a heavy object (Lift with your knees, not your back colgate ). If you can do it, you're dreaming.

DarkRaven
Mistress of Flames
Somniologist
DarkRaven has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Um, a lot.

PostPosted: Tue 01 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

One RC I've done a few times is to draw on myself with marker, (I drew it once on my leg and a couple of times on the palm of my hand) I write the letters "RC" and every time I see them I do a reality check, it's worked every time except once. (The night it didn't work I didn't remember any dreams so, yeah. ) It's not very discreet so I wouldn't recommend using that anywhere outside of your own home, but if you're like me and have no life and never leave the house anyway I think it should work quite well for you. user

Another one I use a lot is attempting to use telekinesis, come on, no one can tell you're trying that. tounge2 You have to picture the thing you want to move very vividly though, you can't just think, "Move!" without visualizing anything at all. You sort of have to suspend disbelief and expect it to actually work, otherwise you'll get the same result in a dream as you would in WL.

EvanRob726
LD count: 3

PostPosted: Tue 01 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

I once had my ipod playing music without actually having my headphones plugged in and it made me realize I was dreaming. Maybe that could be an RC?

Quote:
try sinking into the floor, just look up, shake yourself a little, and imagine it happening

^ I really like this idea though; I've never had myself phase through anything in a dream (both LD and ND), and it seems pretty cool to try.

Playlien
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 4

PostPosted: Wed 16 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

I'm trying out something new where everyday I draw a tiny star on my left palm with ink and periodically I will look at it and try to make it move on my skin. If it does, I'm obviously in a dream

flo148
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Thu 17 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

Well, you probably shouldn't try this one unless you're feeling very very uncertain of your environment- try knocking something over or throwing an object in the air. The physics in dreams are sometimes not the greatest and sometimes objects do the strangest things. Once you see a vase hit the ground and bounce higher than it's dropped (it might be a dream). The most unusual glitch I have found was a mop that would not go down and would only rest at the previous highest placement.

Mew151
Ebil Mew Idol
LD4all addict
Scribes
Wolfgame
LD count: %d

PostPosted: Wed 23 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

Open one eye and see if you can see your nose.

Current LD goal(s): Get a real LD; Shoot fireworks out of my hands; Become top idol

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
nthomas111
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 1

NEW FORM OF REALITY CHECKING!
PostPosted: Fri 13 Mar, 2009  Reply with quote

I just woke up this morning and went through my daily routine and then at about 10:00 AM (I'm on spring break) I was writing myself a note to put on my pillow for an experiment and while I was holding on to that sharpie, I realized "Hey, maybe I can mark myself and that would induce a lucid dream." let me know if it works!

What you will need
1. A sharpie or any regular permanent marker (its crucial that its permanent)
2. A watch (Just recommended you don't absolutely have to have a watch)
3. Your body
4. Permission from yourself to draw on your arm

Steps
1. Take the marker
2. Mark yourself in some way

To make this totally effective, wear a watch and mark it next to that(I wear a watch). If you do not own or want to wear a watch then make a mark on your writing hand or the hand that you do the most stuff with (this will probably make your hands more distorted in your dreams).

How it works
This works as a reality check because in your dreams you probably wont see it at all. This should give you the perfect opportunity to go lucid! grin grin grin please try this. I already did it join me will you? thanks! grin grin

ValkyrieChosen
its black out there!
Novice dreamer
LD count: 3per week-ish

PostPosted: Fri 13 Mar, 2009  Reply with quote

Its not new and has been done http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-ayY0enxLQ

the good news is that many say it works.

<mod>we also have some old topics on this on LD4all ... when I find the topic/s I will give the links</mod>

print