Should we care about anything?

OH/

how do i explore the world? it isn’t worth exploring unless I am allowed to teleport and fly, physicality,

is stupid.

i’d still do that i suppose, how much money would it take you think?

“Should we care about anything?”

Why are we so blessed with life if we weren’t meant to do anything about it?
If we didn’t have that motivation to live then, nothing, nothing would be wonderful…
We must care, otherwise there is no point.
We MUST care, otherwise things will never progress for the better.
We MUST care, otherwise we shall be lonely for all of our lives.

And I believe that I care, because I want to make the most of this truely spectacular world I am lucky enough to live in.

I think that if we can give, we should give to the world with an open heart. Eventually, someone will notice the sacrifices made to make their life better. Would I want credit for what I did? Who would want to be put on a pedestal for every good deed they ever did? I would find that annoying and want my privacy. Because, what I would be doing isn’t a superhuman quality. The ability to act resides within us all.

well
i plan on living my life by doing what i need to get what i need, then doing what i need to get what i want.

everything you want: relationships, friends, family, pets, etc. are just things to make you happy for a period of time.

once you die, you’re dead.
to me, a glorious afterlife in heaven with gold-paved streets and clouds and harps sounds like nothing more than the place someone wanted to believe they’d go after they died.
they even made up a soul that would seperate from your body and go to that place and a guy to run it all and make rules.

i, personally, have never seen, felt, or in any other way witnessed a soul, and have no idea what part of your body they think it’s supposed to be attached to, but then again, i don’t think they do either.

the point is, live your life doing things that make you feel good. if you want to do something, do it; if you don’t want to do something, don’t do it.

right now, i’m finding comfort in the idea that after i die, i may or may not have 6-10 minutes of brain activity, in which i may or may not have one last crazy dream, [hopefully by then i’ll be able to fly] and i’m not worried about any of that “am i going to heaven or hell” stuff.

they even made up the word “die”

We are made of energy, everything is. Everything you perceive is energy. Your self-consciousness is even energy. Seeing as energy can neither be created nor destroyed, our consciousness must not dissipate after death?

Death is not an end rather the next beginning.

How is death the next beginning?

You know, a great moment in my life was when I realized that death does not mean happy Jesus heaven time, but it more likely equates to rotting in the ground.

The hardest part of death for me to accept isn’t the whole “What am I doing right now?”, it’s “what happens to us afterwards?”. I’m not terribly huge on religion, if you can find something to believe in, good for you, I envy you because I can’t find faith in anything anymore. It’s just so hard to believe that life just stops, that life is finite.

Whatever happens, I’m off this rock in X years. Whatever happens happens, you just gotta roll with the punches.

Your self-awareness is energy on the most pure level. Energy can not be created nor destroyed. Thus your self-awareness can not be destroyed, even through death.

There’s no reason to assume that death is like a light bulb shutting off.

Just look in the mirror for long enough, thinking about it.

Self-awareness is energy at its purest level? Could you clarify that?

Everything on the most miniscule level is nothing but energy. Assuming self-awareness is a molecular/chemical thing like the science freaks would die defending, than either way it still wouldn’t disappear after death. It would transform.

You know electrons constantly phase in and out of our dimension? Making it possible that we exist in other dimensions that we can’t even begin to imagine.

Again: “Life is but a glimpse of what the universe has to offer”.

I don’t really care where I go when I die, all I know is that I’m probably off this rock. :razz:

I still want to leave my mark though. And I’m not stupid enough to blow my brains out to see what’s in the beyond.

in string theory there are 11 dimensions i think, so if we figure those out, we might have an idea of what’s after death, if anything.

but without a physical brain to organize and access all the information we store from experience, i don’t think we could hold our thoughts together to carry them on to an afterlife.

That is so true, and so frustrating to me too.

I want to believe in life after death. I really want to. But how?

Anyways: i read a really nice signature somewhere on the forums here.
something like:

“Let everybody go happier than he was, when he came to you”.

Something like this. This is a wonderful idea, a great way of life.

I think so, at least.

Ever heard of the infinite apes theory?

If an infinite number of apes
types for an infinite time
on an infinite number of typewriters
then someday, all important books of history will be written by them
just by coincidence.

Now, let’s look at this. Let’s assume, our mind, or whatever defines me as “I” is just a bunch of molecules or organic things.

If they seperate upon death then:

If an infinite number of molecules
fly around an for an infinite time
then my exact molecules are bound to come together some day again.

at least, there is a good chance that this happens. Just a theoretical thought.
Or, even if you say “that’s unlikely” - it’s something to get hope from :smile:

idk why but I put others first in my life, my life is expendeble. the way I see things, you live your life the best you can and always do whats right, then when you die, if theres nothing, you no longer have to worry about it, it there is something, then you will have something good waiting for you.

we are the apes, on the internet, stringing all sorts of ideas together, to form something.

this infinite thing makes no sense, for one thing to be infinite everything must be infinite since the infinity of one thing has infinite possibilities, so infinite apes or molecules or whatever must become infinity itself. infinity is idiotic since if something is infinite than that mean 10,000 godzillas wearing 10,000 headbands each could be fighting half eaten ham sandwhiches just sitting there, but the sandwhiches will be winning. infinity means everything must, can, and will happen and its idiotic.

Please try not to flame.

Wasn’t it Ghandi who said “Live your life as if you are to die tomorrow, and learn as if you are to live forever”?

not sure, i never heard that quote before, i like it though

i think if you really dont care you could be happy.no worries.no joy.no fear.no hope.just sleep…for ages…sleep…and dream too…just if you were nothing…
but eventually you will die. :grrr: