Character Assisted Lucid Dreaming - CALD Part IV

Sure i’ll stick up a re-direct link. People seem to be quite admiring of the idea.

Also, about my character; Only had it for a few days, and she’s already starting to say/do things herself. Not a clear voice yet, but imagery seems to work best. I was picturing and talking with my character, and getting a little annoyed that i couldent get a response. Then sort of without thinking, my character starts flying around itself! :open_mouth:

I’m like…"uh…wtf…You can fly? " I then i almost got a clear voice saying, “Yea duh, haha”.

xD

I wish my drawing skills were half decent so i could draw my character. I may need to make a few edits also, eg; Wings, as i think she wants them. =P
I have a short history to go with her aswell.

I could be going crazy making up imaginery friends at my age, but if it’s fun and helps me get lucid, then bring on the insanity! =P

Sorry for the late reply :stuck_out_tongue:

It good they some to like it :stuck_out_tongue: But be clear on this: Making characters doesn’t make you crazy. Developing them to be detailed with personality and mannerisms doesn’t either :3.
Haha, it seems you’re getting th idea though :3 And I’m glad you’re making progress ^^~ Just have fun with it :3
It’s good things are coming along so spontaneously! I’ll be rooting for you :3
Keep us updated!

~Tal

((oftopic: I finally got my origonal account back, hurrah!))

Yeah, like talon said, making characters doesn’t make you crazy, whatever your age. I’ve been doing it for a good while, and I’m glad that I happened to stumble on talon’s cald topic when she origionally posted it, because it gave me a lot more insight, but now I’m getting offtopic. I hope to hear more from you as you progress.

Great one! All of us get to know some dream characters and that wasn’t invented by you, not even by a human, I think, but I have never actually thought of using interaction with them to get lucid. The timing is perfect, because today, just before waking up, I got the REM stage, and had just enough time to ask a Native American-looking old man what he was thinking about; “Harlem”, he said, which sounds quite weird to me, as I have never been to NY, nor even have I ever left continental Europe O.o
I am crazy about your technique, and I am glad to find a lucid dreamer of my age. '93, right?

Haha, yes! And you’re only 13 days older than me :stuck_out_tongue:

[Edit: Oop! Way off! Sorry, Spotted join date and thought it was birthday ^^;]

It’s nice that you seem to like the Tech. :3 Characters have been ingrained into my daily life for years now, so it only made sense to me to try and intergrate them into lucidity practice ^^~
After I made CALD, I noticed posts more, and a common idea I noticed was trying to talk to dream characters while you were dreaming, and ask them to get you lucid–
I suppose CALD is fundamentally the same, but gets over the hurdle of not having to be lucid to talk to the characters, by making them in waking life :stuck_out_tongue:
Err-- Off topic XD Sorry there, my brain went on info-mode :stuck_out_tongue:

So what else did you get out of your interaction with this character?

P.S. Wolvendeer-- Sorry for not replying to your post! That’s so embarrassing :stuck_out_tongue: Thank you for your support, and I’m glad you are happy about CALD, it’s always encouraging to have people give positive feedback ^^~ Hoping you’re making great progress yourself!

~Happy days guys,
Tal

I wouldn’t say my progress is great, but I have noticed my characters becoming part of my dreams, so I’m getting closer.

That’s cool Wolven :stuck_out_tongue:
As long as you’re having fun, right? You’ll get there one way or another eventually–

Thanks for keeping up updated :3~

I haven’t had many vivid dreams recently, and while I haven’t been able to talk to my characters in a dream for some time, they are almost always present in some way. :happy:

Well, summer’s here! So that means you can have more time to work with lucidity right? :smiley: ^^~
A common misconception that people make is that they assume the talking to of the characters is during dreams, when actually it is was originally intended for before-bed and waking life. In that way, chats about lucidity before bed leave it being the last thing thought about before going to sleep ^^~

But yus. :3 It’s nice that you seem to be taking it in a positive way :smiley:

Oh, ok, that makes more sense. Normally when I end up talking to ANY DC in my dreams, it’s usually in gibberish. :tongue:

In that case, I’m conversing with my characters all the time. (Though trying to maintain multiple characters is a challenge, but a fun challenge too.)

Haha yeah XD
I noticed when talking to random DCs, it can be a challenge to get anywhere ^^; Besides that, to remember to talk to them you mostly need to be lucid already right? XD

It’s nice that you’ve gotten o that level with your characters. XD Maintaining ONE well developed character most of the time living in real time is hard enough ( real time being not " Hey do you wanna skip forward two weeks and see what happens to the characters?" “Ok!”)

But yeah :stuck_out_tongue: It’s great you’re having fun! Cald should be for just that if nothing else XD right?

It’s my first post, as soon as I read the topics about CALD I decided to register …I have tried many techniques but they didn’t work much, this one seems very interesting, I’m sure I will get nice results.

I have a question though, even though I created it today, my character is already speaking quite fluently … I fear it might be me the one who’s actually “giving words” to my character even if I try to make the process automatic … any suggestions?

Mecha: Hehe, I first registered because of CALD too. (Sai’s rolling her eyes in the background right now)
Welcome to LD4all and CALD Petr!

I’m not sure what to advise other than to keep at it. Even today there are times when we can’t tell who it really was that said something, or when I accidentally put words into my MC’s mouths.

Haha, As always, Mecha, you got it right on the spot. :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome Petr!
It’s fine if the words come fluidly, all the better :stuck_out_tongue: As long as you don’t feel like it’s all just puppet play, it should work just fine :3~

Keep us updated, and thanks for posting! ^^~

I’m not quite sure, but I might have dreamed of Andy last night. Or at least it was some kind of furry. He didn’t try and get me lucid but we tried to figure out who was in front of who in the line we were in. He might be gay, but I could care less, it’s a dream after all.

Cool, ^^~ It’s nice to hear :smiley: It’s always nice seeing characters in dreams isn’t it?
Hope you learn all the more about him :3~

I’ve met some strange characters in my dreams, but I usually don’t develop connections with any of them. They’ll show up and play a part in one dream, but rarely show up in another, kind of like they’re an extra in an episode of a TV show.

Can someone give me a little advice on how to develop stronger relationships with my DCs so they might actually come back and I can get to know them?

Well, a tecnique you could use is try try and develop them in waking life :3
Try imagining them there to chat, and develop/ get to know them.
It would be harder to try and reach them without first being lucid, so you may want to try and form them while awake, you have easier access then–

So how I would handle it, would be to visualize how they look, sound, and what feeling they give off to me, then sort of just… Watch them move, see how they would be. Then perhaps trying to chat? Just try to get a feel for them, I guess :3~

If that was unclear just tell me! Then we can work more on this :3
~ Tal

As is usual, I’d have to agree with talon on this one. What I usually do is meditate and replay the dream, then call them and start chatting with them as they appear.

On another note, I can report a brief but uneventful first apperance of my character in a dream recently. Gettin closer.

Ah! Sorry! Late reply :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the support Wolven! ^^~ Congrats on the appearance!
I remember the first successful summon for my characters, and the first random appearances… XD Wow, exciting stuff :stuck_out_tongue: