My sleep pattern

For the next two weeks my sleep pattern, is going to change… I now wake up at around 7 am. I’m going to wake up at around 7 and go back to sleep till around half past eight ( i’ve got to be somewhere at 9).
This is going to greatly help me, as when i wake up after like 1 hour sleep in the morning (when i wake up sometimes at 6 am, go back to bed and wake again at 7), i seem to remember big dream(s), very clearly in my mind.
So hopefully, i will get my first LD these next two weeks:D.

Btw, is there a away for me to remember dreams after normal 7 hours sleep or so? I seem to remember absolutly nothing when i wake up after a long night sleep, but remember huge dreams if i fall asleep for an hour or so… Weird.

After a long sleep when you wake up just stay still in bed and try to recount in your head what just happened before. Really focus! If that doesn’t work try even remembering how you even felt when you woke up. A feeling my even jolt your memory.

That hour and half of sleep between 7am and half eight will be a great chance to get a LD. If you awake during a dream it really helps you recall it and then you could even try to back into dream and remember to remind yourself you are dreaming.

Good luck with the WBTB :grin:

With recall I tend to try and remember the last thing I was doing and run the dream backwards from there. I stop every now and then, holding where I was up to in my mind, and run it forward to when I woke up again to reaffirm it, before carrying on backwards again. This technique seemed quite effective for me. With a few of my longer dreams I would write these blocks down and let my focus on them fade, this allowed me to focus more on the earlier parts.

Sometimes I would also remember significant fragments of a dream, I would try to remember what happened before as far back as I could, then think about what happened after.

Anther technique you could try if you recall nothing at all is to look at your dream journal for your dream-signs. These are good to do RCs on, but you can also use them to try and trigger memories of your dreams. I have recalled several dreams by thinking about my dream signs, or current trends in my dreams.

There is also a topic “the BIG remembering dreams topic part V

For the first time ever, i remembered two dreams in one night :grin:
I wen’t bed early after reading Lucid Warp for a while, and when i woke up, i had bits of my dream stuck in my mind, but i was too lazy to write them down. I was still very sleepy so i fell asleep again.

When i woke up, i could remember another dream, but had forgotten the first one. I started writing this secound dream, and suddently the secound one popped up in my mind just as i said a word that linked with the other dream! I wrote them down, and i can’t wait for tonight, we’ll see what happens.

Thanks for the tips, now it’s just a matter of getting lucid in one.

One of the keys to remembering dreams is to not be too lazy to write them down when you wake up :wink:

I still have that problem quite often, but I have been getting better about it and do have more LD’s, so I’m guessing there’s a correlation, at least for some people.

If your too lazy to write your full dream why don’t you write keywords from the dream in a notebook and before bed, just write the dream out in your dream journal that what I do now and it helps me loads :grin:

its always like “make your DJ special to you”. i got two, one for the quick notes and keywords and the other one in which i try to write with a really neat handwriting and really go into detail. but i think its pretty hard to make the first one (the keyword one) feel special to me, because i can only scribble down some words when i wake up :tongue: its not that eays to “ritualize” my DR improvements with that