Flying, how difficult is it for you?

Personally, I find flying the easiest thing to do in an LD. I remember when I first read up on lucid dreaming, all I wanted to do was fly. Within 3 days of researching, I was having a normal dream and I was being chased by the blair with. I was sprinting and before you know it, each step I took brought me a little higher in the air. Soon after I was floating towards the sky. I grabbed onto a telephone pole and realized I was dreaming. I told myself ‘‘Why float when I can fly like Superman!’’ I lay flat on my stomach and then started flying wicked fast. I could feel the wind on my face. I was showing off to everyone I saw. I was doing backflips and barrel rolls. The second time I tried flying was a tad bit different. I was able to get off the ground but it seemed as if I was a feather in the air. I was being thrown around and before you know it I fell in the ocean. Other than that, flying is pretty simple. I tried using an aid to fly before, but it wasn’t very usefull. I called over the yellow nimbus cloud from Dragon Ball Z, but I kept on falling off of it and then it flew away towards the mountains:P

Moved from General Lucidness. :dragon:

Go ahead, rub it in…

I can’t fly for beans in my LDs. Just hovering off the ground is a challenge for me. I have an easier time jumping really high, but that still technically doesn’t count as flying. Only rarely can I get off the ground and stay off of it.

I have trouble, though I’ve only tried a few times. I was lucid a couple of nights ago and tried it. I looked to my right, saw a window and flew through. I was airborne, and not really moving forward, and pretty nervous about being off the ground! This incredibly strong tingly feeling went through my body and suddenly everything turned completely black. I couldn’t even get my hands to appear in front of me, until finally I ‘gave up’ and let myself wake up… but ARGH it was a FA!

That was weird, but not as weird as last night’s normal dream… where I cut a lemon in half, held a half in each hand and this enabled me to fly around freely.

Lemon-powered flight? I wonder where that idea came from?

Sadly, my best flights have been in NDs as well. It’s just not fair.

I don’t have frequent LDs so I haven’t had much practice. So far my flying has mainly consisted of a sort of swimming on my back method :tongue:

Once I did attempt to do real flying -loop-de-loop etc - and I used an animated jacket to hold onto for a flying aid :content: This dream didn’t last long, since I think I was trying to control the scenery while flying instead of just letting it appear naturally.

I also find flying very easy. I haven’t had many lucid dreams, but I’ve never had a problem flying in any of them (though other things were more of a challenge).

Personally, I find flying on broomsticks the most fun. I guess I like having something I can steer to hold onto - plus it looks much more elegant than just hovering around, in my opinion. :razz:

I actually agree with you there. I have NEVER flown in NDs before, but the first thing I did when I got my first lucid dream that didn’t die after a couple of seconds, was fly over my house and just float there on top of the roof. The first time I used what I call the “rocket method” - jumping, and then flying straight upwards, before gliding forwards once I’d reached the roof, and arcing down to the ground on the other side. The second time I flew on my belly with arms tucked in, although I started to feel my bed underneath me when I was losing lucidity there. Both times it has felt so natural, and has been the first thing to come to mind when I become lucid. Mind you, I haven’t flown since then, because I’ve been making a conscious effort to try other things instead!

I like the broomstick idea. Gonna have to try that.

It’s been second nature to me in LDs! For a period of time that was the first thing to come to mind whenever I became lucid; I was unable to think of anything else at the time. These days, I still have some spontaneous lucid dreams but nothing of epic proportions like I used to. Try sprouting wings, that’s a good move, too. :cool:

I have difficulty flying on my own in dreams, but can easily fly cars etc. I find it much easier to control a vehicle than to try and ‘swim’ in the air.

I find flying difficult (or just need practice).
I discovered this website about 1 week ago and had my first LD 2 days ago.
When I became lucid, I was standing on a building in a city and the only idea that came to my mind was flying so I tried the superman method. I flew a few metres then I started directing to the ground. I crashed and woke up :cry: next time I guess I’ll try something else…

the only time ive ever flown in any dream was in a ND of an LD. it was dissapointing when i woke up and found out i wasnt actually having an LD=[

Flying in a lucid dream is impossible for me -_- Wakes me up every time. I have yet to try different flying methods though, but my ld’s come so rarely that I’m not sure I want to take a chance :tongue:

Flying aids are a good idea, but chances are if you’re not good enough to fly, you’re not good enough to manifest objects out of nothing. I’ve had limited success with jet boots, since I’m almost always wearing shoes anyway. The problems start when they stop working in the middle of flight…I’ve dropped from 500 feet and the crash landing actually hurt pretty bad! (My LDs regularly involve pain. Aren’t I lucky?)

Well, let’s not insult eachother here… :razz: Just because I cnt fly does not mean I can’t do other things. I’ve made things appear, I’ve hovered and I have moved things with my mind.

I just came up with something- Seeing as how my dreams are often game-inspired, perhaps I could pretend to go into ‘Noclip’ mode in my dream :razz:

Flying felt completely natural so far in all my LDs. I had no problem doing it. Kind of like Superman too. I just shoot way up, and can stop and hover to enjoy the view, whatever really.

I just wish I was this good at, say, getting lucid to begin with.

I’ve not gotten lucid myself (yet…), but I heard if you can’t fly, it helps to make something that would allow you to fly, i.e a flying carpet.

Flying is one of the easiest things to do in a dream for most people. :happy:

When I fly I can’t really see much and I often run into areas where everything will just turn gray. Within the first 3 seconds of my first lucid dream, I was flying though. I just need to learn how to see in dreams, that is my biggest problem.

When things turn gray, just rub your hands together.