Was this at least CLOSE?

Ughhhhh i think i came SO CLOSE to a LD last night.

See i went to bed normally having been tired and too exited for a WILD cause my dad came home from down east :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: and my dream went on for about 20min (seemingly 20min at least) before me and my dad were with my friends at a baseball diamond. He was chatting about random stuff and i couldnt get it out of my head that it just didn’t look right. I kept thinking to myself “Isn’t there supposed to be a bigger gap?” The pitcher was about 3meters from the back gate of the diamond and the benches :tongue: I couldn’t grasp the concept that because it wasn’t right that i was dreaming but i WAS able to figure out something was wrong. While i was pondering this, my dad woke me up. Said it was 12pm and i had to wake up. Damn.

Was this close? I’ve only been trying to Lucid Dream for 2 weeks or so, and thats what sorta scares me. People don’t get them that fast.

Sounds as if you were pretty close. Just keep remembering to periodically perform RC’s in WL when you see dream signs and odd things in reality and you will eventually perform a RC in your dream when you see something odd in a dream. :peek:

A.) It DEFINITELY shouldn’t scare you. Rather you should be incredibly excited that you are advancing so quickly. What you experienced is closer than many people have gotten after months of training.

B.) Yes! Yes you’re getting close. The hardest thing to do in a dream is question the realness of the situation, and is the first step to becoming lucid when in a dream. Typically when you are dreaming, the part of you’re brain that really thinks logically dumbs down a bit making it very hard to question reality. Seeing as you began to means you were getting very close, and had you not woken up you probably would’ve experienced your first lucid dream.

So, be excited because you’ve got a lucid dream in store for you in the near future. :wink:

Yeah it’s not crazy to have a LD so soon. I had my first one after a couple of weeks as well. Heck, some people get them the first night!

Yup. You were close. Questioning your dreams is a good sign. :thumbs:

Darn i coulda had a lucid dream??? I hate my dad :ohno: :ack: :down: :mirror:

I’m pretty sure I had a lucid dream by accident on Saturday night, so it is fully possible to do it that quickly, in fact, my (maybe) lucid dream on Saturday is what got me back into trying to LD. In fact, anyone reading this, could you please check the “Big, Was this an LD” topic and give me some sort of conclusionon whether I had an LD. Cheers.

How fast someone obtains their first LD varies from person to person, as well as how often they obtain it and how hard they have to work for it (doing a bunch of RC’s, etc). It took me about 6 weeks to get my first one, but every since then, as long as I get a good night’s sleep (which I don’t get very often) and put it in my head that I want to LD, I usually do.

Anyway, yes, it did seem like you were very close to becoming lucid! Good luck next time, I’m sure you’ll hit your first LD soon. =]