Woo hoo! First ld and 2 at the same time! (control question)

WOW. All I can say about them, they are so cool. I had 2 back to back this morning and now it’s all I can think about. I used the WBTB method along with the WILD. (I counted saying “I am dreaming” after each number up to 150. I started losing concentration then.) Basically everything I did yesterday was in my dream(s). But I do have a bit of a problem and I don’t really know where to put this since I’m a little new to this site. I couldn’t really control my powers good…Like I had to whisper what I wanted to happen and about half of what I wanted would come true. I felt really powerless at one point; like I couldn’t punch hard (I was in a fight) and I just yelled to get rid of the powerless feeling and it worked good :smile:. But what are some ways of getting ‘what you want’? Gah they are too cool. THX for any reply!

Wow, congratulations on your first LD! If I were you, I wouldn’t worry about not having much control yet. It’s just your first few lucid dreams, it will take time for you to get the hang of it. Just remember that practice makes perfect. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Have fun!

Try not to doubt your control over the dream. LDs use the placebo effect; if you think you can, you can.

On an unrelated note, I just got my first star! :tongue:

Nice one (even though I have no clue what it means :tongue: ). I don’t think I was in full control of my dream or else I would have realised your statement. That was my first time trying those methods also though so maybe that has something to do with it :smile:.

The placebo effect basically means if you think something will happen; it will.

In your dream, try saying “I am in full control.”.

thanks for the clarification (i didn’t know what placebo meant either but i was talking about you getting your first star :razz:) I worded it wrong lol. but i’ll try saying that in my dream and see how it goes :smile:

Oh. When you post your 10th post a star appears under your name. :content:

Also just so you know a placebo is a pill that has nothing but sugar in it. It’s designed to trick people who are sick into thinking the pill will help them and if it does then the sickness was all in their imagination.

That’s why it’s called the placebo effect because if you think it’ll work it really will. :tongue: