EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 128
The Signal

Whose DCs have said the strangest things?

Author  Message 
Undrea
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

Whose DCs have said the strangest things?
PostPosted: Wed 25 Jun, 2008  Reply with quote

Who’s DCs have said the strangest things?

I know that some days I’ll just have the strangest dreams, where a dream character will say something completely ludicrous. Actually, I have said some strange things in dreams, too. This is a thread to post any particularly amusing/cryptic/strange/disturbing things that dream characters have shared with you....

[[ I hope this is the right place for this discussion. :) ]]

Last edited by Undrea on Wed 25 Jun, 2008; edited 1 time in total
Dryalantha
Skyclad Dreamer
Astral Explorer
Dryalantha has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 200+

I did the quest this month (but I post at the NL forum for this wink) and there was a girl.. she was my fear.. But I didn't get it, so I asked her why.. she said ''there is a whole story about that!'' when I asked her, what the story is, she said ''That is something I still have to invent.''

Well okeeh....But now I know what she meant by that colgate

Mecha
Symbiont Dreamshaper
Astral Explorer

Gimli once told me the 'secret of dwarven invulnerability'. He said that they remove the most vulnerable part of themselves, their brain, and keep it locked away in an iron casket, forever safe from harm. Legolas happened to overhear the conversation and remarked; "Well that explains a lot."

AaBbCcDdEe
Somniologist
Somniologist

Dream characters CAN say some very random things. eek2

Last edited by AaBbCcDdEe on Tue 18 Nov, 2008; edited 1 time in total
Undrea
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

Amusing. xD
In my dream last night, someone started conducting my class as if we were a band, and then everyone started shouting "Two! Two!" And someone else began singing very loudly, in a high-pitched voice, "And a happy new year!" (From: We Wish You A Merry Christmas) =P

MadFrank
Village Idiot
Novice dreamer
LD count: 7

I've been told plenty of weird jokes in dreams before. I usually find them hilarious in dreams, but when I wake up and remember them they aren't funny at all. DC's tend to use made-up words in conversations too, and I can easily offend them by saying things that wouldn't offend anyone in real life.

Undrea
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

MadFrank wrote:
I've been told plenty of weird jokes in dreams before. I usually find them hilarious in dreams, but when I wake up and remember them they aren't funny at all. DC's tend to use made-up words in conversations too, and I can easily offend them by saying things that wouldn't offend anyone in real life.

That part about the jokes happens to me alot. And made up words... they seem to make so much sense in the dreams, but beyond that.... :P

LD count: 4

PostPosted: Mon 30 Jun, 2008  Reply with quote

On Saturday night, I had this dream with Ben Stiller as Derek Zoolander (I love that movie!), and we got spurted with blood and he started rambling about how 'exhilerating' it was while Will Ferrel (he was in the dream as well) was like "AHH!" like he did in Elf when he ate the perfume.

I laughed so hard when I woke up and realized it was a dream, because it made no sense.

mattias
Globahead
Globahead
mattias has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Tue 08 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

MadFrank wrote:

Yes, me too! I've had dreams where I laugh REALLY hard and when I wake up it doesn't even make sense! I guess our sense of humor in dreams is a bit... different.

jsf
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 26

Weirdest thing? That would be when a DC told me "you've sat yourself", whatever that's supposed to mean!

Kippers
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Hm, the weirdest thing a DC has said... not much material to browse here. But I've had a fair amount of weird occurances:

(At the sports hall at school. Everyone is aimlessly running about.)
*Someone stops*
Teacher: Don't change the options!

(At a cinema. Me and my family go up the stairs, where the actual cinema is.)
Pimple-faced kid: You're lucky. Only eight families are allowed to go up, you know.

(My brother walks down a hallway to the right, then comes out of a hallway to the left)
Me: How can you do that?
Brother: Well, I just can.

(I was fighting zombies, armed with a knife. Afterwards...)
Me: We're getting nowhere with this. I need a firearm or something.
Grandma: Well, your aunt has a crowguard.
Me: A what?
Grandma: It solved the problem last time. She needed to put a chair on it though.
Me: But- *wakes up*

Maybe there's more. But that's all that I remember right now.

Rodrigo
Dream Collector
LD4all addict
Rodrigo has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 91!

My DCs tend to say strange stuff... I remember hearing/reading (not sure) a prophecy about a zombie outbreak in a recent dream. It said "The tempo has come". "Tempo" is "Time" in Portuguese. For some reason that was the only word in Portuguese (my mother language).

jsf
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 26

Oh, and I've just remembered another one from a couple of weeks ago when a woman said "Wouldn't it be great if I realised this was a dream right now and became lucid, enabling me to control the dream" or similar. And I STILL didn't realise it was a dream! Although, reading this topic has made me notice that my DCs tend not to talk actual words that I can remember - more like, I know what they're saying without them having to speak., if this makes any sense...

trophycase
Somniologist
Somniologist
trophycase has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 79

PostPosted: Tue 15 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

i'm not sure if this has ever happened to anybody else... but a DC in one of my dreams used a word that i have no recollection of ever hearing IRL. So... my subconcious knew a word that my waking mind does not know... I was FASCINATED by this. The word was "prophetic." I knew the root word was prophecy, but i had never heard it used in this form. it was a mindblowing experience

WannaB LD
The baby pwns you!
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 7 so far!=D

PostPosted: Tue 15 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

just a few nights ago i had an LD, at one point i jumped out of a window of a building and landed in a lake. i started to swim around to see what was down there since i could breathe underwater and had never done that yet. once i got to the bottom there was an old man with grey hair yelling "HOW DID YOU GET TO THIS WORLD?!?". i woke up right after that wondering what was up haha. it was quite amusing=D

print