How long did it take you?

I found one of my DJs that dated back to January 2007 and ended around May 2007. My last full LD was last fall and I have not had one since. I’m still trying.

Less than a week… actually, the first night.

Unfortunately, I’m suffering from an endless dry spell.

Less than a week when i first tried. Nowadays it’s harder for me. Maybe because in the beginning the motivation is bigger to really want it!
So i’m now searching for ways that will help me getting it easier.

i cannot understand how i could feel…
like if i was in a ND and suddenly realised i was in ND i would convert to LD state?how does it feel?how can you specify “Vivid” ?

You don’t have to be lucid to experience ‘vividity’ :wink: A vivid dream is simply a dream that’s so clear and detailed.

and if you can act like in RL + the crazy stuff in your mind you are on LD ?

thanks for info :woo:

I don’t really know. :o

I believe that mine was after about a month of trying, but I can’t really remember.

I’ve had mine one day ago, which was about 2 months of trying.
But it’s so worth it :smile:

It took me a year and a half to have my first “true” LD (and by true, I mean that I’m 100% sure I was lucid at some point.) But… I stopped trying June 2007 and only started trying again last May. Just got lazy, I guess. :tongue:

moved into existing topic (which also has a poll)

From the moment you heard about it, to when you had your first LD, how long was this period?

To natural LD’rs, gtfo, you make me jealous D:.

I’ve like gone through 2 weeks since I really looked into it, and I’m unsure if I had a LD (It might have been a FLD). D:

My first LD after learning what it was was 3 months after I heard about it.

When I was little, some kids show I watched (can’t remember which one) said that if you can realize you’re dreaming, you can do anything you want. Sometime after that I had my first LD (without knowing the term) and have had them sporadically since.

They really oughta try out the concept on more little kids; it might make them lucid dreamers for life.

Still trying, I found out 3 weeks ago… :sad:

First attempt, I had 2 lucid dreams =D

They lasted seconds each, but they were there!!

I’ve only had one other, and it was a few days afterwards. That was about a week ago. I’ve been kind of half-way trying, but I’m gonna try harder then I have been =3

odd my posts dont seem to be working, maybe a hint to go to bed.

two to three weeks to have my first real ld. i had a few before that but they only lasted a few seconds. Took me a few months / years to learn how to ld every night and only 3 months to forget it all! busy life, tend to lose track of what is important.

glad im not the only one :smile:

Just started trying this week. I’ve also tried to have an OBE before with no luck. Hopefully, I’ll have an LD soon :smile:

merged into existing topic with poll :boogie: and you are also on the top of page 3 :thumbs: :moogle:

i was wondering how long it took you to have your first LD just so i could get an idea of how long it might take. It would help my patience and allow me to figure how long it will most likely take since i have a habit of getting impatient when i dont know how long things take sometimes.

Hmm, interesting question. Remember everything I am fixing to list falls under the category of “opinionated” But anyway, here’s my opinion. Many of us have come to this forum with past experiences. I have woken up in countless dreams as a child. Never really exerting any control though. This really helped my understanding however; I no longer have any doubt- “Is this possible?”

I think if I answered your question it would counter productive. In the sense that you might set expectations. It’s funny dealing with a subconscious. Expectations can really have an effect in this state of mind.

But I am going to try. Just don’t take it literally or count up the days. Please! For your sake really.

Estimated: Anywhere from 1 month to 1 year.

You should however along the way notice signs of improvement. Dream vividness, enhanced dream recall, dream sign recognition… amongst other things.

MOST IMPORTANT: NEVER HAVE DOUBT!!!

Keep in mind some dreamers experience them the first week. Completely washing away my estimate. Just keep your waking life in check, and make sure not to go off the deep end with this new found “ability”. RECOGNIZE your dream signs; STAY on this forum. The very act of research and enthusiasm can have dramatic results.

*This activity (LD) got me off drugs! Find something beneficial about it. That will really help attach it to your subconscious.

*Once again… DON’T HAVE DOUBT, we are all witnessing to eachother the extremity and awesomeness of this “long lost truth” that should be enough proof. However, never says “I’m real” like your first experience with Lucid Dreaming.

Trust me, anyone can do it! That’s one of the many beauties about it. It’s AWESOME!!!