Flying, how difficult is it for you?

I remember the first time I flew :happy:
Ever since that dream I’ve been flying more and more. At first, flying was difficult because I would run into stuff, and I wouldn’t fly too fast or too high above the ground. Plus, the only way I could fly was by flapping my arms and by air swimming. But now after all these years of flying in my dreams, I fly in my dreams as much as I walk in my dreams. It’s like second nature to me in my dreams now. Flying comes easily now

I find flying pretty easy too. I’ve also managed to stop time in my dreams before :happy: that’s even cooler.

The second time when I tried flying, when I was all feather like, after getting stable I tried flying to the moon. I wanted to go to the moon and sky dive towards earth. Unfortunately, it was taking to long so instead I turned around and headed to the ocean. Once I went into the ocean I got really scared. It was so muggy and dark. It seemed as if something could eat me up at any moment. I got out ASAP.

Its as hard as you want it to be…Thats how everything is in an LD.

I personally have no problem with it.

I tried to fly once, but it felt like I was glued to the ground xD So to escape frustration I moved onto something else.

I actually tried to fly for the first time last night (in my first LD! :yay: ) and managed to get pretty high off the ground for about two seconds, then started falling slowly. But I don’t really think it’ll be too hard to properly fly.

It was still fun, though.

I’ve only been semi lucid in one dream so far but in that dream I was having a problem with running so I thought to myself “Agh, I might just as well fly” and then I just lifted myself of the ground :tongue:
So it’s certainly not been hard so far :lol:

For me it varies from dream to dream. Sometimes I accidentally float off the ground without really thinking about it. Other times I’m lucky if I can even get off the ground at all. Generally though, flying comes very naturally. Scarily enough, any time I want to fly really, really well I just remember something I heard in some old cartoon: “To fly, just place all of your energy in your feet and let it guide you.” I’m not really sure why it works for me, but it does.

flying is one of the first things i learned , i think it will come in anyones head eventually … :smile:

In my 2nd LD (not recorded online), I flew with the help of some of your (collective) advice - try “swimming” up. It worked. The side effect was that the ground turned to water when I blinked.

Unlike what seems to be everyone else, I still have trouble flying without the aid of something. Usually when i fly i summon a broom or something and use that to fly with. However, unlike in things such as harry potter, i don’t have to sit on my broom to fly on it. I merely have to hold it (think “witches from the series His Dark Materials”).

With a broom, no problem
Without, i can’t.

I’ve only ever flew once properly, was so much fun. The other times it has been a struggle. I usually just levitate my self, it’s easier.

In my one lucid dream, I decided to fly. Easiest thing in the world. It was exactly like swimming for me, except I used the breast stroke.

I heard that that is supposed to be a slow method of flying, but it was really fast for me. Probably something to do with my swim team background. For me, swimming is fast, so that’s a fast method.

I’ve only had one LD and the first thing I did was fly!! It felt so natural, I could have sworn I was a bird in a past life.

EDIT::

I used the ‘superman’ technique, simply jumping up and deciding to go, but once I was up, I pulled my arms out like a little kid pretending to be a plane :shy:

Next to transformation, flying is one of the easiest things for me to do in a LD. And I never get tired of it. :smile:

i just had my first LD yesterday and ofcorus the first thing that comes to my find is flying but its hard tough i jumped rly high and then floated slowly down to the ground then i look up att a rly tall tree and try to reach the top and it worked i jumped even higher but then i fell tru all the branches and stuff and it kinda hurt hehe :tongue: sry for my english

I got to try it again recently. This time I flew into power lines and got a nasty shock. :bored:

Something tells me my subconscious doesn’t want me in the air.

Well, due to me not having had a good LD yet, I’ve only flown a few seconds.
I had no problems with it though. I didn’t even think about it and just took off. Worked fine.

I’ll definitively try flying if I remember to do so, all my LD’s so far have been kind of fuzzy, but I’ve had no problems doing anything so far.

Mmm that depends … But it is no problem for me :smile: