The BIG Vitamin B Topic - Part II

I read from the forum that a dosage of about 50-100mg of vitamin B6 can help increase your dreams vividness and searched from my local shop for it. They had only B6 pills with about 2,2 mg of B6 per pill and that was also the RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance) and there was said that not to take more B6 than the RDA. Should I take the pills and eat 20 of em to get the 50mg? I don’t think it would be probably healthy. So what should I do then?

I say don’t even mess with pills or meds. Just practice with a dream journal and auto suggestion to get your recall at its max. Be sure to use auto suggestion to awake directly after the dream. 20 pills is outrageous anyway.

you can buy a supplement of B6 at most drugstores that range from 50 mg per tablet to 100 mg.

(i personally got the 50 mg. buy one, get one free :3)

They don’t do much for me but there is a noticeable difference in recall, just don’t take too much, because it’ll keep you awake!

Best for people who can fall asleep quickly.

Also, it’s tough to ‘overdose’ on vitamins. For the most part, it’s pretty safe.

Technically not a pill or med in any way, but a supplement.

Wrong, its not hard to overdose vitamines.
An overdose of B6 can cause nerv damages in arms and legs.

After doing some reading, here are some quick facts i found, a banana about 9 inches in length is only .88 mg of b6, personally i think that sounds like a failboat sailing on a sea of bs. B6 pills offer much more… i have also read 200 mg compared to 100mg doesn’t offer much difference. Personally i would say 100mg pill would be best bet to try. Also reading on, melatonin taken 30 mins - 90 mins before sleeping basically will prep your melatonin to circulate early, instead of laying there then it starting up, so it may, I beleive anyway, help to quicken your sleep, of course this is just my 2 cents. I just felt i could contribute what i read, hopefully i help someone in the process, i will report back on my findings later, going to a local drugstore later tommorow…

found some melatonin and bg, 100 tablet, 50 mg b6 pills, less than 2 bucks, 3 mg of melatonin, something like 4 bucks, 120 tabs, so… just my opinion, if you got 6 bucks every 3 months to spend on pills, go buy some… will report back about how things go…

So my mom just walked in the door and told my brother and I she wanted us to try these new pills she got for our dad (who has some insomnia). It has 34 mg of calcium, 27 mg of phosphorus, and 2 mg of melatonin. She said it was “all natural,” or something like that, and whenever we can’t sleep we should just pop one.

:eh: Any thoughts?

hunaynay, melatonin is great for sleeping and dream vividness along with that. I’m not sure about the calcium and phosphorus though.

My Vitamin B6 test will start today, I’ll do 300mg and I’ll let you guys know the results when I awake!

I have not had too much success on the B6! I have tried a few times, and just when I think it might be doing something… after a few nights my dream recall feels like it goes back to what ever it was previously. I think I tried it once before, and I thought it was increasing the vividiness of my recall… but in hindsight… I think it was only wishful thinking! A sort of compensation for the waste of good money spent on something that was not really needed! :lol:

EDIT: Having said all that… I realise I still have some left and just popped one in my mouth :shy: Hey… it can’t hurt to try again?!

lol ive seen some of you are getting 100 mg of vitamin b6… I researched it and that is about 272.5 bananas :happy:.

Ive read up about B6 - and all it does is increase the vividness of some peoples dreams. too much of it [200mg+] can cause health complications. bananas do have B6, but such a small amount it has no effect. same with milkshake mixes :happy:

Tbh, the best foods to eat to aid lucidity is milk orange juice mustartd fish popcorn chocolate and ice cream. though the most effective are milk orange juice and mustard

Hope this helps : )

alright, can someone please tell me if a daily repeated dose of 100 mg.
will harm my health or not

because I was thinking of taking 100mg. daily and every once in a while
take a 250 dose

acu-cell.com/bx2.html

This site states that too much b6 in one form can be harmful in doses over 50 mg.

Also, the effects can be quite severe:

I would make sure, maybe even ask a doctor, if the type of b6 you are going to use is of the right type for high doses!

It seems to just increase vividness, which danm i hope it does, since i have crap vividness. It would really help me :tongue:. but each site seems to have different dosages and measurements to what is harmful, so…who knows. go on a doctors site or something that isnt publicly editable :mrgreen:

Vitamin B-6 is usually best to help dream recall, and in some cases increase lucidity…
Valerian Root increases vividness and sometimes lucidity
and Melatonin usually increases lucidity and helps you stay asleep

a combo of these three are very good if you are looking to enhance your dreams… Personally I would not recommend using it for all lucid dreaming, possibly only for at first acheiving it or for special occasions… somebody once told me about the use of substances or enhancers to enhance experiences of spiritual or any other metaphysical forms, should be kept away from to an extent… for if you overuse a psychedelic for example, to attain a high level of meditative state, then your chances of attaining a high state without the substances is very low… whereas if you are able to attain that state without the substances, then imagine what you could do then with them.

DONT ABUSE YOUR LUCIDITY ENHANCEMENTS

I just eat 2 or 3 bananas every night, 30min before I go to bed. It seems to boost dream recall for me to be about 3x more vivid!

I tried B-6 for the first time last night, after reading about it. And let me tell you, for one who remembers many dreams each night, NOTHING can compare to the insanity I experienced. It was the first time I have dreamed of space and planets. The earth was coming too close to the sun, and we had to abandon it for a small moon, and start life over. It wa perhaps the longest dream I have ever had, and so vivid. Not an LD, but just as moving.

Now I do know that many say they don’t dream, and some believe it can be linked to B intake, but who knows? All I know it the following recipe changed my life in the dream world;

1. 225 Mg Kavalactones (3 kava kava extract pills) :grin:
  2. 2 valerian/hops/skullcap pills (called “muscle relax”) :content:
  3. 100 mg vitamin B-6 :eek:

I have been taking the first two for a few weeks, and had vivid dream recall every night. EVERY night…but after adding B-6 to the mix, I must say, things have taken a new turn…

I do recommend kava kava, as it alone can help immensely. Just get high quality stuff (extract) as the other crap is worthless.

Good dreaming!

(Note; some people report nightmares after B-6 intake. I have to say, it wasnt the happiest dream. Kinda scary…but very vivid!)

Interresting stuff :huh:
naturalnews.com/025606.html

Well I am going to take 200mg of a variety of vitamin Bs and i had a kind of late dinner but not really. Will this give me the same or more vivid effect of what you had?

I had a banana before bed last night and it definately produced a more vivid dream