I found a easy way to get to the hypnogogic state

I dont sleep on my back, but I found out that when I lay on my back I fall asleep pretty easy, and I can get to the hypnogogic state. I can allso tune into my astral vibration. Give it a try if your not use to sleeping on your back.

I find I can get into hypnagogia really quickly when I’m tired out on a coach journey. But I got so many hypnic jerks that people started to worry about me…

Yeah, I’ve noticed that too when I first tried wilding, I would get a lot more of those jerks when I tried sleeping on my back. Several times I actually got to the borderline where you sort of feel dislocated and got a falling sensation and started hearing wierd noises, but nothing ever happened from there. The time when I actually thought I succeeded in wild i didn’t experience any HI at all, i just woke up from a wbtb and laid down again, then suddenly the random swirls of colors stabilized and I was in the dream world, only lasted about 30 seconds though.

Unfortunately I have alot of trouble sleeping on my back. I find it more comfortable than sleeping on my stomach yet I still can’t fall asleep while laying on my back.

That’s what I do when I try to WILD, sleep on my back. This is mostly because I use the point relaxation technique to get into SP (although I’m not sure if it’s working) and I have to be on my back to do it effectively. Besides, if I lay normally I’ll fall asleep too fast.

Lastnight I had an AP, and every time I have one. There is something that seems very easy about it. At the time Im having one I have the feeling that APing is so easy I could do it every night. All I have to do is seperate from my body. I cant explain it its something you would have to expirance yourself to understand what Im talking about. Im thinking of taking a brake on LDing, and just focusing on APing.

some people like to say “you are leaving and not remembering it”
this frustrates me, because its not true :smile:
its tricky to pass thru, isn’t it, very very tricksy

yes because, you are in the state of mind where you are halfway in body and half out, and its so easy to LD / AP, etc from there,
i am like that in the mornings like “man this is so easy!”
its easy FROM there,
to GET there…?

Im going to try this. Thanks for the tip :mrgreen:

Ya i tend to be more aware of this when i sleep on my back too, I find that i can’t even do WILD without lying on my back.

At first i found it uncomfortable and that it made me more prone to SP.

Laying on my back somehow helps me to stay conscious when WILDing. I think it’s because I usually don’t sleep on my back.

for me it seems like laying on my left side is the best. when i lay on my back i usually just fall asleep normally, and it happens quickly. whenever i lay on my left side it seems like i can stare into the darkness and count or repeat phrases or whatever im doing alot longer and have a much better chance of seeing HI.

I forced myself to sleep on my back when I started to learn how to LD. I heard it was better and now it’s the only sleeping position I seem to get a LD in. Epically when I DEILD.

I split a post asking about a falling feeling being the start of an OBE to it’s own topic, “Falling feeling, is it the start of an OBE?:dragon:

I tried this and it looks like that I get a better chance of HI if im on my left side. I guess it depends on the person…:unsure:

Indeed lying on your back when you’re not used to this sleeping position can help with LDs and other things too.

When I do fall asleep on my back (which is very rare since I find it extremely uncomfortable) I tend to have these not very pleasant returns to my body (from sleeping state). You know when you’re already drifting off but suddenly wake up again.

I’ve never really tried sleeping on my back. I’ll have to try that tonight.