How do you bring reality checks into your dreams?

This is what I have had a problem with, nearly all my dreams are NDs because my dream self doesn’t clue on to the fact that I need to be doing reality checks despite the fact that I must do 15+ RCs a day I have never experienced one i n my dreams. Its just by pure luck when I become lucid at the moment through DILD.

So my question is, how do you increase your chances of RCing in your dreams?

It could be that it isn’t the amount of RCs that count, but how much of a habit it is. There are four situations that make me RC: getting up, going to bed, thinking “i have dreamt about this” and thinking “what in…??” The RC is mostly used, for me, as a way to confirm that it is a dream when it is already suspicious.

If you experience false awakenings often, it could be a good idea to make a RC when you wake up a habit. If you do MILD, you could try saying “i will do a RC in the dream, and i will remember that it is a dream” It could be that it is when you do RCs unconsciously, without thinking of it first, that it will work in a dream since it has entered the subconscious.

I have the same problem, although I don’t actually do RC’s during the day that much anymore…

I’ve never done a random RC in a dream, always just to confirm I’m dreaming. And now a days not even that is worknig anymore… that’s why I’m trying to focus on WILD… :tongue:

Keep repeating, with some luck you will repeat it in your dreams too. :smile:

I do the same - the two times I’ve got lucid from a reality check, I only did it to confirm that it was a dream when I already suspected it was, rather than becoming lucid from a random RC. ironically I did do a random RC in this morning’s LD (the only one I’ve ever done in a dream), but didn’t become lucid from it, instead noticing a dream sign and doing an RC to confirm later on in the dream.