hard to get out of LD

(This happened before I knew what an LD was) But when I was in a Nightmare, and find out I was in a Nightmare, I would get out of it by closing my eyes, without moving my head, looked up (with my eyes still closed)and then open them. Then I kind of rose out of the dream and woke up. If you still have problems getting out of an LD, you could try this.

once i think of trying to stay when i’m in LD,it’s more like to be drifting away.so i just relax and let it takes me to wherever. :content:

…Why in the world would you want to wake up?!

thank you!actually i never try to close my eyes.i will try and see what’s happen anyway.excited! :twirl:

You can’t leave your LDs?

I wish I had that problem. Mine never last. :neutral:

I’ve once tryed to wake up from a dream, and I coudln’t. Was rather frightning.

If you really can’t think of anything you’d like to do in your lucid, perhaps while conscious you could make a list to ‘fill in the time’ later, then I reccomend thinking of it as trying to get to sleep . Just do what you would do to lose consciousness of lucidity- get caught up in the story, get real logical/mathmatical/linguistic/left brain or try to open your real eyes or try yelling so loudly it would break the dream planet you’re on ( I tried this once and I woke up with a barely audible real world ‘peep’ from my mouth.

In most nightmares I’m lucid, since it’s kind of hard to be scared when I’m not aware. The thing is when i’m scared is i lose all self-confidence and so i can’t use many dream powers.

So i simply close my eyes for about three seconds. When i open them, i’m out.

I’ve tried getting out of a lucid dream and it worked. All I did was sleep on a bed inside the dream and tell myself I want to wake up.

I have only tried to wake up once. It did not work, and I felt stuck which caused a bit of panic for a few seconds. I then remembered that I didn’t want to wake up.
If you want to wake up because the dream is unpleasant, then the real problem is not that you are dreaming but that the current content is unpleasant. That can change quite quickly though.
As we learn from the first Nightmare on Elm street movie, if you want a monster to disapear, turn our back on it and take away the power you have given it.

But something that often can make one wake up is ofcouse excitement. Try doing something fun! Ofcourse, use your eyes! Because they are not paralysed you can use them as a link to the outside world. Close them hard and open! Sometimes the facial muscles move too so, maybe make faces. Jumping can sometimes make the legs move.
There is also the passive approach. Don’t do anything! Be absentminded! Sometimes staring at something can make the dream more vivid, and other times it can end the dream.
Remeber, if you want to wake up because the content is bad, then a FA is not a bad thing. In those, things are normal. You can choose to not examine things to see if you are dreaming, and pretend you are awake. It wont work for long, because you will be too curious, but at least the dream is different now. The bad element is gone. It might come back but at least you won some time. Perhaps then you’ll have another FA and repeat the process. All in all that would be better than having the constant nightmare because at least you get breaks between the scares. you minimize the unpleasantness until the inevitable real awakening. (That last sentense sounded a bit spiritual, in a way)

haha consider ure self lucky i dont wanna get out of my ld’s tough i only had 1 and it was kinda short :smile:

Before I new what an LD was, I has nightmares where I realised I was dreaming and managed to exit the dream by shaking my head vigorously. Can’t think why that worked, but it always did. Now I’m actively trying to get LDs, I just seem to FA all the time…

If I had that problem, I would just get stuck in it for 5 days or something then wake up. You should use that to your advantage. You will eventually wake up, hopefully.

I had this problem once which i stayed in LDs for too long(Normally i get short LDs or i just paralysis INSIDE MY LDS!).So,i just kept getting the feeling which i “I can’t get back into the real world!” but i just closed my eyes for awhile and i woke up right onto my bed…

Hmm… That’s the opposite to me. When I have abnormally long lucid dreams (one of mine went for what felt like an hour {which is a very, very long period to be lucid}) I wonder how long I’ll stay before I wake up, wanting them to be longer instead of being scared of being trapped.

When you’re feeling scared that you will never wake up, take your mind off it. Grab a broom and fly around (or ditch the broom and do a Neo[The Matrix]). Summon someone/thing. Practice your powers. Take your mind off the fear, and instead use the longevity of the dream to your advantage

Yeah, to tell you the truth, I’d be delighted if I had really long LD’s! The main problem I have is that I wake up too soon. I would love it if one night I discovered that my LD wasn’t about to end anytime soon.

The second LD I had, (I’ve only had two, and they were both in the same instance kind of =P) I was sleeping beside my boyfriend. In my dream, as soon as it started, I heard him whispering to me in an eerie, ghostlike voice, and what he was saying made me feel like he needed my help. I got very worried about him, because I thought he was actually talking to me and I could hear him in my sleep, so I tried to wake up. Maybe it’s because I’ve only had two, very fragile LDs, but it was quite easy for me to wake up. I was still in bed in my LD, and all I did was jerk my whole body very hard. Like I just forcibly tugged myself out of my dream. It probably was made easier by the fear that something may be wrong in the real world, but you could try it if you’re having an unpleasant time in your dream =3

Oh, by the way, there was nothing wrong. I asked him later and he said he hadn’t said anything, and he wasn’t in trouble. Thank goodness =D
Makes me wonder, though, could we have been sharing a dream, or at least communicating between dreams? He was asleep, too, and I THINK he said something along the lines of “Ciara, I need you…” But I’m not sure… It’s unlikely that he would even remember the dream, anyways.

Your lucky, I know you dont think so. Try getting over the fear of never waking up. Youve got it, now you just have to get over this hill, and you would be mastering lucid dreaming. Imagine the things you could get done. There really no reason to be afraid.

If you want to wake up, do something that “Corrupts” the dream. Stand still for a while, doing nothing. Walk through a really Long wall, or go throught the ground, so it turns all black. Go to the edge of the dream world. Jump off of a building and hit cement. Why the heck would you want to get out of an LD anyways? You can do anything you imagine.

Actually i have the problem that whenever I focus on my eyes whatsoever in a LD i wake up struggling to stay in the LD, its terrible